• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

145 grain 6.5 Barnes Match Burner

Loaded some up yesterday. I will say that my CBTO measurements were very inconsistent with these. I had to adjust my seater quite a bit to keep them consistent. I loaded a batch of 147gr ELD-Ms prior to these and didn't have to touch my seater. Not sure when I'll get to shoot, hopefully soon.

Loaded some up yesterday. I will say that my CBTO measurements were very inconsistent with these. I had to adjust my seater quite a bit to keep them consistent. I loaded a batch of 147gr ELD-Ms prior to these and didn't have to touch my seater. Not sure when I'll get to shoot, hopefully soon.
Well shit! What are you going to run for powder? I'm going to try h1000 or Rl26

Good luck! Still waiting on mine to ship.

My bullets finally showed up today. It was windy as hell today so I just loaded up some rounds to check velocity and pressure. I'm running adg brass, rl26 210 primers with a 27" 7.5 twist K&P barrel.
Appears there is a few nodes to chase.

Attachments

• 20200417_181101.jpg
    20200417_181101.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 300
Not much for success today. I haven't given these much effort yet and just tried to get lucky. I'm developing another load for a rifle that has taken up most of my time and the prc has been low priority. I shot a few rounds yesterday in winds that I shouldnt have been developing in hoping to find a decent seating depth. I found two groups that looked decent one at .020" off and .030" off so I loaded up in between at .025 off and loaded up a few charges. Nothing great but nothing completely terrible either. I did not have the chrono on. I will try and get a loaded developed soon and take them long to see how they perform.

Attachments

• 20200427_090822.jpg
    20200427_090822.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 20200417_173755.jpg
    20200417_173755.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: Evlshnngns
6.5 SAUM 145gr MB and H1000 at 100yds. Shot some a 5 shot that was .5" then corrected to zero the rifle and shot this 3 round on a 1" target. Only shot to 550yds but the .350 g7 was good to go.
Snapchat-626845938.jpg

Reactions: Ajrich
6.5 SAUM 145gr MB and H1000 at 100yds. Shot some a 5 shot that was .5" then corrected to zero the rifle and shot this 3 round on a 1" target. Only shot to 550yds but the .350 g7 was good to go.
View attachment 7334311
Nice shooting how far off the land did you end up? I never did get much time with them but nothing under .4" I was using RL26

I found them to be easy to get shooting just under 1 moa at 2.960 coal fits in no binder mdt mags and I'm loading it with D4350SSC (very close to RL19 burn rate) 44.2 gr @2775 fps 26inch barrel

Mine shot around half moa. Ran them up to almost 3250 before I saw signs of pressure with a 27" barrel.

Who has these available? Natchez is the only place that I have found them. Ammoseek does not even list them.

I just started running these, midway seems to get them in stock every so often. I am running them through an 18 inch criterion prefit for my tikka.

Working up a load with imr4831, got up to 2750 before I started seeing pressure. Only have about 40 rounds down the barrel so I will be running some more through it tomorrow and this weekend then will report back with results.

Reactions: trailrider121
Man, I’m late to the party. Wish I’d seen this before all the hysteria, if anyone finds them in stock, help us out. I’d love to grab a bunch and put them head to head with my 147’s.

Man, I’m late to the party. Wish I’d seen this before all the hysteria, if anyone finds them in stock, help us out. I’d love to grab a bunch and put them head to head with my 147’s.
Put your email in the “notify when in stock” tool on midway. I have ordered them twice in the last few months.

I just picked up 500 today! Hope to find some good luck with these and StaBall 6.5. Been running the 140gn Random Damn Flyers (RDF’s) at 2910 and have had hell getting 5 shots of them under 1 moa so hopefully these are better. If these compare to the 142 SMK’s accuracy I’ll be sold!! If anyone has tried staball with these I’d love some tips.

Reactions: TheChief
I just picked up 500 today! Hope to find some good luck with these and StaBall 6.5. Been running the 140gn Random Damn Flyers (RDF’s) at 2910 and have had hell getting 5 shots of them under 1 moa so hopefully these are better. If these compare to the 142 SMK’s accuracy I’ll be sold!! If anyone has tried staball with these I’d love some tips.
I can’t help you with load development with staball, but I do know it likes a heavy case fill for consistency and some folks say ball powders do best with mag primers. If you find a load that works I have a full 8lb minus 30 6 creed rounds I’d let go of. If your in Dallas area

I can’t help you with load development with staball, but I do know it likes a heavy case fill for consistency and some folks say ball powders do best with mag primers. If you find a load that works I have a full 8lb minus 30 6 creed rounds I’d let go of. If your in Dallas area
Dang I’d take it! But I’m in Utah

Reactions: Nimothy
I just started running these, midway seems to get them in stock every so often. I am running them through an 18 inch criterion prefit for my tikka.

Working up a load with imr4831, got up to 2750 before I started seeing pressure. Only have about 40 rounds down the barrel so I will be running some more through it tomorrow and this weekend then will report back with results.

I started using these recently too, and like them, but like most I haven't had a chance to do serious load development yet. They do seem capable of good speeds from my rifle anyway; I'm seeing similar numbers to yours with Rl16. My only concern is whether my 1:8 (like most 6.5 bores) proves enough twist for these long bullets; I suspect it's right on the edge.

Loaded 9, 3 round strings today. No velocities, chrono decided it it didn’t wanna work today. Looking more for accuracy anyway, and am very impressed so far with groups. Loaded 43.4-45 grains of StaBall. Every group but 2 were .65” and under from my Bergara Premier. Others were .8 &.9. Never hit pressure. 45 grains was best group so far at .35” and with better conditions then I had, groups could definitely shrink.

Loaded 9, 3 round strings today. No velocities, chrono decided it it didn’t wanna work today. Looking more for accuracy anyway, and am very impressed so far with groups. Loaded 43.4-45 grains of StaBall. Every group but 2 were .65” and under from my Bergara Premier. Others were .8 &.9. Never hit pressure. 45 grains was best group so far at .35” and with better conditions then I had, groups could definitely shrink.
What brass were you using?

My last two barrels seem to love the 147 ELD-M, but finding those is pretty much a losing battle. These have piqued my interest and trying to find the 500 packs. Had notifications set for Natchez’s but never got notified today?

My last two barrels seem to love the 147 ELD-M, but finding those is pretty much a losing battle. These have piqued my interest and trying to find the 500 packs. Had notifications set for Natchez’s but never got notified today?
I think companies don’t notify anymore because it crashes their sights

Reactions: Glassaholic
If you cannot find any, I have 2k of em. I may be willing to part with a box.
I appreciate that, good news is the Barnes seem to pop up more often than other brands and I think Sierra has all the tooling now so we should hopefully see a decent supply. I have 1500 140 ELD-M to tide me over until I build up a stock of the heavies. I just got more H4350 and StaBALL but wish I would have bought more now as I think I got lucky the last time. Just paid an arm and a leg for 5000 FGMM 210M, but better price than GB. Crazy times.

I'm a Ballistic Lab Tech at Barnes. The other day, the boss asked if i'd bring in one of my 6.5x47's. He wanted to see what I could do with two different 145 MB lot #'s from my rifle. A well worn (2700 rounds) 26" Hawkhill, 1:8", Marksman contour which I recently had carbon wrapped. I have two proven loads using Lapua brass, CCI 450, H4350. I went with the lower powder charge since the upper powder charge is max in my rifle. I used their H4350, Rem 7-1/2 and 0x fired Lapua brass for the test. For brass prep all I did was run the case mouths over a RCBS FL sizer expander ball to even up the necks. I set the COAL .135" off the lands as that is what works in my AI 5 and 10 rd mags. Use our Chargemasters for weighing powder charges. My worst 5-shot group was .8".....the best was .34". SD's were single digit. Another tech shot a .36" with the boss' rifle.

I've gone through two 100 count boxes for load development in two of my rifles and recently bought two of the 500 count bulk boxes for the years NRL Hunter competitions. These bullets shoot!

Alan

I'm a Ballistic Lab Tech at Barnes. The other day, the boss asked if i'd bring in one of my 6.5x47's. He wanted to see what I could do with two different 145 MB lot #'s from my rifle. A well worn (2700 rounds) 26" Hawkhill, 1:8", Marksman contour which I recently had carbon wrapped. I have two proven loads using Lapua brass, CCI 450, H4350. I went with the lower powder charge since the upper powder charge is max in my rifle. I used their H4350, Rem 7-1/2 and 0x fired Lapua brass for the test. For brass prep all I did was run the case mouths over a RCBS FL sizer expander ball to even up the necks. I set the COAL .135" off the lands as that is what works in my AI 5 and 10 rd mags. Use our Chargemasters for weighing powder charges. My worst 5-shot group was .8".....the best was .34". SD's were single digit. Another tech shot a .36" with the boss' rifle.

I've gone through two 100 count boxes for load development in two of my rifles and recently bought two of the 500 count bulk boxes for the years NRL Hunter competitions. These bullets shoot!

Alan
Do you need any friends? Just wondering....

good to see they worked well for you I just picked up 1k of them well the 140's from barnes and was hoping they preformed as good as the Berger or are going to be similar for consistency .