• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

17 hmr ammo

Jack Daniel

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2012
Wyo
Hey is this ammo getting scarece everywhere? I couldn't find any for awhile. Finally I stumbled upon a store that had a pile of it, little farm store, so I bought 5k rds. They had more, then? 17 grain Hornady for 12.50. How did I do? The oh other stuff I've found since is a pawn shop for 20 bucks per fifty!

Good score, I would have bought twice that much. Granted I have been doing that for years that way I always have two years worth of HMR for shooting P-dogs.

.17HMR is starting to get scarce around here locally too-- it was the last of the rimfire calibers to "dry up" at the local shops.

I ordered 3K rounds of it back in February from Mid South, it was $99 a case. It said backorder at the time but shipped in about 10 days.

I bought five bricks a week earlier, so that's why I only bought that much. I got about 5 thousand now so that's good till I build up the ol bankroll. So many components to keep stocked for all the others. Been buying way too much for my normal budget! But gotta get it to shoot it. I got two boys. Maybe that will keep them out of my center fire stuff? 5k won't last long.

A place in my woods has it for 10.99 a box and 6.25 tax. Limit one hundered at a time. Its a damn good thing I work next door and go there daily.

Them guys still got shitloads of that ammo. Said the warehouse just restocked them recently, same price 12.95

Lucky you I haven't seen a box in over 3 months not alone cases. There is rarely anything on the shelf at my local stops anymore. It is F.U.B.A.R. for ammo in my O.Z.. I reload for my centerfires but cannot do this in rimfire.
Dang what happened to this site I haven't been back in years and now starting at sqaure one again post number 1. That sucks some of us don't have the liberty to be able to freqeunt a site so much and then lose our post history.

Last edited:
I also see a lot of 17HMR in my local walmart and bass pro shops. The last time I was at bass pro, they had a couple of cases of the 17HMR.

I do not shoot my 17HMR savage very often, so I did not pick any of it up. The price was maybe a dollar or two more than pre-panic prices.

i got like 500rnds of the stuff but don't get to shoot my 17hmr as much as I would like to. I have 5 17hmr's and my favorite is a ruger x-17 only 400 made but a beautiful gun. The round is great for coyotes but people think you need a 22-250 or a 243 for coyotes when I use 204 ruger and 17hmr. the 17hmr has about 30 coyotes killed with it, but haven't got to really use it in years since problems in life

oh and lots of 17 mach 2 on the shelves. I mean like 20 50rnd boxes sitting there untouched in my local sporting goods store

When all of this gun madness started, everything but .40 and .17 HMR was gone from the shelves here in Tucson. It seems people have caught on to that because now they're gone too. I should've jumped on it when I had the chance. 17 HMR is an awesome little round.

.17HMR is starting to get scarce around here locally too-- it was the last of the rimfire calibers to "dry up" at the local shops.

I ordered 3K rounds of it back in February from Mid South, it was $99 a case. It said backorder at the time but shipped in about 10 days.

I just ordered a case (500) that is also backordered. Wonder how long til she ships.?

Well, I found some .17 HMR at Sportsman's Warehouse today in Albuquerque. Picked up 3 boxes and a brick of .22LR and had my old man pick up three more .17 HMR. Hopefully you fellers have the same luck. Their shipment was really big (fed a line that took an hour and a half to get through, and the only thing they ran out of when I got to the register was .40 S&W and .38 Special.