• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

18" OBR 7.62 Sight-In Results

RonboF117

DoD Consultant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2011
SD
I did a very quick eval the other day of an 18" LaRue Tactical OBR 7.62. I took a few rounds to be sure I was on paper having just installed a new scope on the rifle and then shot the groups you see. The scope and rifle were brand new to me and thought they both performed well. I think if I had taken a little more time setting up the shots I may have taken care of the flyer in each group. The distance was only 50 yds because the range was very busy and I didn't have much time. I shot those sighters and then transitioned to steel at 200 and 300 yds.

When I have more time next week I'll check out the performance at various ranges in detail. Based on what others have shot and my limited experience with it; I'm pretty sure I'm the limiting factor in its accuracy. The flyer on the left hand target was after I had ejected the mag and cleared the weapon. I noticed I had only shot nine rounds so I reloaded the single round and shot. I could feel I rushed that shot. I think the fact I had never shot this weapon before and got this accuracy after just a few rounds is a testament to the folks at LaRue. That right-hand target with pretty much three rounds through the same hole says a lot for the rifle and ammo.

Although short range and not many rounds; the data is as follows:

1. 1630L, southern CA, scattered clouds, sun medium angle
2. Temp 75F, Hum 20%, Sta Press 26.99, Den Alt 4600' (2700' MSL)
3. Hdg 030M, Winds left cross - 6mph
4. Distance to Target - 51 yds
5. Ammo - 168g FGMM, stock number GM308M
6. 18" LT OBR Demo - MV 2540 @ 1000 MSL/70F as indicted by LaRue staff
7. Scope - Horus HDMR Demo w/ H-59 in Bobro 34mm QD mount, 80mm (3.14") sight ht
8. Gear - Atlas 8.1 bi-pod, PMAG 10 rnd, Triad Tactical wedge rear bag

Cheers,
Ronbo

OBR762Sight-In.jpg

Re: 18" OBR 7.62 Sight-In Results

If the rifle was made by someone else, I'd say, "10-shot groups, please."

But I don't question the accuracy potential of an OBR.

Re: 18" OBR 7.62 Sight-In Results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the rifle was made by someone else, I'd say, "10-shot groups, please."

But I don't question the accuracy potential of an OBR. </div></div>

Kool Aid drinker