• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

18 X-ray centers established for SAPI inspection

socalsheepdog

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2010
Socal
http://bit.ly/11BMTrl

Does anyone know where these "X-ray centers" are and if they are LEO friendly? Trying to get my local walk-in or vet clinic to help out has proven to be useless.

<span style="font-style: italic">Researchers have found a way to test an immense number of SAPI (Small Arms Protective Inserts) plates to ensure that they protect warriors as intended.

X-rays are being used to detect fractures in the ballistic protection plates, much as X-rays detect fractures in bones. A fractured plate may fail to stop an enemy round before it wounds a combatant.

To inspect more than 1 million SAPI plates worldwide, 18 X-ray centers were established in the United States and abroad to test plates of the various services, and the centers are working well.</span>

Re: 18 X-ray centers established for SAPI inspection

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where these "X-ray centers" are and if they are LEO friendly?</div></div>

I am assuming you are LE based on that question. Get a hold of the Bomb Disposal Unit that supports your department. They have have X-rays and wouldn't have any problems checking your equipment.

If you were anywhere near Portland, I could line you up, my daughter has an x-ray (she's a chiropractor) and my son has one (mine) in his garage. He also has his as a Bomb Tec for the DHS that he carries in his suburban.

They just took our plates and placed the center on the corner of the table and gripped the edges and put as much weight on them as possible. If they broke, they had a crack, if they didn't, they were good. Guessing that is not the preferred way to do it, but was they way they did it at Manas in 2011. Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Get a hold of the Bomb Disposal Unit that supports your department. They have have X-rays and wouldn't have any problems checking your equipment.</div></div>

I didn't think of that, good point.

I could do it for you, if you paid shipping both ways to northern Calif. I would do it for no charge. I am a DC, have some high end x-ray equipment.

-Steve

Next time you take someone to the ER for booking clearance or DUI, ask the radiologist to hook you up.Grab them some star bucks while your waiting... usually not a big deal. If your in the Inglewood/compton area (I work there, not from there) shoot me a pm and I'll try making some calls for you...

I'm just curious as to whether there is any place for a civie to get plates checked. The place I work supports Mil, with gear and whatnot, and they do it there... its just too bad I cannot sneak them in and get them checked