• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

185gr Berger VLD in .308 Win Load?

Teleos

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2009
Michigan
I've been looking everywhere for this, anyone happen to have any of their own? I'd be interested in the 190gr as well.

Thanks

Re: 185gr Berger VLD in .308 Win Load?

Yeah,

I'm worried about the case capacity with the VLDs though.

I'm trying to work up a load also for the 185 VLD's. Seated at the lands the base of the bearing surface is just above sholder neck junction and only want to single load them. The Varget and 4064 I have seem to burn too fast for the 308 heavies and looking for something new. I've been using 185gr scenars in an AAC-SD w/ H380 and it produces EXCELLENT results for me but looking to switch to an extruded powder. Any nonVarget suggestions?

are you loading for a bolt or semi?

I am loading some berger 185's for an ar308 at 2.800 oal and got some cfe223/h4895/xbr8208 and mr2000 loads to try out this weekend if the weather will break around here. just really wanna get an idea for the velocities that I can achieve for each powder. I want to get bullet as close to 2600fps or faster out of a 24 lilja barrel. I definetly like the difference mr2000 made over varget with the lapua 155's that I tested last weekend. now im checking the heavies.

Shooting out of a bolt with a 20in barrel. I WS2 coat my bullets if I need to change the nodes for the max loads. I shoot F-TR and need a screaming load to beat the wind. 175s just aren't as competitive anymore. And like I was saying varget, 4064 and 8028 are too fast, 8028 being way too fast. Anybody using RE17 or 4350?

FWIW, the US Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU) long range (1,000yards) load is 185berger +45gr Varget in a 20" semi-auto 308 (M110).

I found a place with some Berger bullets in stock (12 piece test samples) and will try to get the MV of this load.

This round is loaded long for single fire, however, I'm expecting velocity to be in the 2600-2700ft/s range.