• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

1903a3

_shawn_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Ft worth, tx
i have a 1903a3 that was sporterized. i really like the gun and it shoots 1/2 moa at 100 yards only problem i have with it is the magazine starts jamming up on the last 2 rounds and i have to dig the last round out with my finger before it'll chamber.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: 1903a3

Well the barrel length is not a problem I'm pretty sure. Are you bumping the magazine disconnect by chance and don't realize it? You could try a new W spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Replace the follower with a milled follower from a 1903. Discard the stamped 03A3 follower.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Change to a stamped follower, they're more reliable.</div></div>

do that

at least the follower spring, its not uncommon, I just bent mine and it fixed it but I should replace it....

i stretched mine some to increase the tension and i think it actually made it worse so i'm just going to buy and bew 1 if i can find 1

Sounds like a trapped follower. The side of the follower gets caught in the small gap between the mag well and receiver (the gap is a good thing for accuracy).

This was a common occurence with the 03 if the fitted follower the rifle was accepted with got changed out durings its life. The 5th round usually would get jammed when the follower edge would get cocked, trapped in the gap.

The fix was to replace a milled follower for a stamped A3 follower.

Not guaranteeing it will solve your problem but try one or two different followers and it may cure the ill. Worked for me when I had the problem - I replaced a milled with a stamped.