• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2011 NorCal Tactical Bolt Rifle Challenge (TBRC)

Re: 2011 NorCal Tactical Bolt Rifle Challenge (TBRC)

Very proud of all you gamers too, noone bumped the thread with a reminder today!!

Forgot about the damn spell checker... cost me 3 seconds!
laugh.gif

I thought about it but I didn't want to be the first to squeal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very proud of all you gamers too, noone bumped the thread with a reminder today!!</div></div>

Filled in 1 minutes and emails are still rolling in.

Will try to get back to everyone Sunday to Monday night.

Most emails are all time stamped at 6:00pm PST.

Thank you,

Vu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Filled in 1 minutes and emails are still rolling in.

Thank you,

Vu

</div></div>
Thats pretty cool

Nice, Vu! I guess that tells you it's a very popular competition!!! I don't think I've ever seen one fill up quite that quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Filled in 1 minutes and emails are still rolling in.

Thank you,

Vu

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bear_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's pretty ridiculous ... I took a GPS time hack just to make sure my timing was perfect.

Bear

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I beat you.</div></div> </div></div>

Is that an approved use of the GPS system sir?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bear_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, Vu! I guess that tells you it's a very popular competition!!! I don't think I've ever seen one fill up quite that quick.

Thank you,

Vu

</div></div> </div></div>

Perhaps they should have two of these per year...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Perhaps they should have two of these per year... </div></div>

Oh hell yeah (considering TBRC's date is my wife's birthday)!!

The GPS system is approved for civilian use, Chiller ... and it was a personally procured GPS.

Smartass ... :p

1 minute until full is fast. I was in at 6:00 sharp. should be tons of fun!!! 14 hours for me to get there but i am sure it will be well worth it. good luck guys happy holidays

Jake

Thank you,

Vu

</div></div>

Ha Ha, mine was at 4 PST, I win, I win............oops damn time zones. Luckily I sent it again.

Forget the time zone confusion. For the emails that I sent, one server time stamp shows early, one shows on time for one email, and I used GPS and Cell times, then did a resend and one shows on time and one shows late - damn exchange servers. Only time will tell if I am in.

My sent gmail claims "Date: December 4, 2010 6:00:01 PM UTC-8". Not sure I could've cut it closer.

Swan my gmail reads 6:00.00 PST on the dot. Just a touch closer. Not sure how that happens but I don't think many people were ahead of you or I. Almost impossible really. I had tested and retested to make sure it would work like that and I was fortunate enough to make sure my spell checker was off or else that would have cost me at least a couple of precious seconds.
laugh.gif

So for those of us that sent 1 minute passed 1800, we are SOL?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FK300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great match with a great course of fire. I can't miss the chance to compete against the "Animal".

Calender marked and alarm will be set. Now...which gun should I bring?...LOL

Respectfully,

--KJ</div></div>

Hey Kevin, I'm bummed that we won't get to shoot on the same two days at the Bash. Good thing for me, I might have a chance now. Looking forward to seeing you again soon and @ the TBRC.

FK </div></div>

I can't make the Bash either...I had to drop out do to a EMT school that I got selected for. I hate missing anything at RO but I couldn't pass up the Healer training.

--KJ

PS...VU I'm not bringing my .308Win....not even if you gave me points. I need all the help I can get to even stay close to you NorCal beasts. Hopefully I will get squaded with the Animal...

Sorry for the delay guys...I had a 48 hour bug take my ass out. I am back with the living again and will start going through the 95 emails for TBRC registration tonight.

Vu

Looks like ALL you guys used the same clock........

Registration info have been sent to those that made it in.

I will sending notices to those that will be place on Standby. I believe the line is around 25 to 30 deep right now.

Thank you,

Vu

I did not receive an email from Vu, however I used www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java

I sent my request as soon as the clock read ":00".

It is possible on Vu's computer showed that my email came early. Anyone else not get an invite who emailed within seconds of 6:00 pm?

OH man I suck again. Didn't get in. Sent mine the same second my friend did and he made it. Oh well... will look forward to the highlights video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not receive an email from Vu, however I used www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java

It is possible on Vu's computer showed that my email came early. Anyone else not get an invite who emailed within seconds of 6:00 pm?

</div></div>
uh, ya. My account said sent at 6:00:01. No email received from Vu though. Bummer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not receive an email from Vu, however I used www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java

</div></div>
I waited a few seconds, knowing some systems clocks seem to be out a few seconds... 6:00:06 - no email (yet)..... maybe the email server runs slow too
wink.gif

All,

Please also keep in mind we have 60 spots, with 10 of them being reserved for sponsors such as GAP and 4 military spots that we give away each year to active duty mil folks in the arena of precision shooting.

Also we have our club members, I can technically fill this match with NCPPRC alone if I wanted to. We always fill 15 slots with our top ranked shooters from our club to represent us on the line. These are the same guys that rotate in and out to make this event happen.

That leaves 35 open slots.

You do the math.

Got the email from Vu tonight. See you there.

Vu, you forgot to attach the course of fire on my email, please resend ASAP
wink.gif

I'll send those 10 cases of Red Bull and a few Starbucks cards as soon as I receive it.

laugh.gif

Did not get the Email but all good anyways. Thanks for putting this together VU.

Wish I could of had everyone that signed up on the line, but no joy.

However, there is a lot of time between now and game day. A lot can happen and we have yet to fill up all 60 slots on game day.

Vu

As Vu said, things happen, folks have emergencies, financial trouble, etc.... there will be some slots open up.

Thanks Vu. I'll be getting my info and check out to you this weekend. Looking forward to heading back out and seeing you NorCal boys.

I have heard a lot about the challenging courses of fire ya'll set up. I cant wait.

I checked the PO box last night, and this is everyone I have as of 12/27. Remember registration & funds are due in our PO Box no later than 12/31.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, send anything I need to sign for. I can not get to our PO Box in time after work to pick up any registered mail, so it could get sent back. Priority mail is good to go.

Bolves, Brad
Breedlove, Adam
Cordes, Roger
Embley, Brian
Gardner, George (GAP)
Gimmellie, Tony
Hartwell, Mark
Hellmer, Werner
Hernadez, Joseph
Jefferies, James
Kerr, Ryan
Kuehl, Francis
LaVine, Matt
Lorenzo, Dennis
McGinnis, Matt
Milkovich, Regina
Milkovich, Tim
Nitzschke, Michael
Ormond, Rob
Parks, Scott (Vortex)
Paul, Alex
Roberts, Charlie
Roberts, Tim (GAP)
Sanders, Brian
Score High
Score High
Sinnema, Ron
Stone, Kurt
Stuurmans, Scott
Vibbert, Jake
Workinger, Bear
Wormley, Stanton
Young, Keith
USMC
USMC
USMC

Any shooters interested in commuting from WA and/or splitting hotel costs for the match? I am leaving from the King/Pierce County area.

All,

I will be sending out final updates in a few weeks to ensure everyone is up to speed on things.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">The only major change is that we will kick off at 0700 (not 0730) on Saturday and Sunday.</span></span>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> </span> Check in on Friday is from 9am to 4pm. Everyone must check in.

Kilts are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN at the check in and awards ceremony, right Vu? I'm still mentally scarred from the Chiller episode at AZ TPRC ... just tryin' to get out in front of the issue here
sick.gif

Bear

Yes. It is. You're several months late.

Surefire is one of our biggest sponsors this year and they sent a bunch of goodies for everyone.

They wanted to do something special so they had these fine blades engraved with our club logo and 2011 TBRC.

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg