• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 TPRC

Re: 2012 TPRC

Scott and crew ran a great match this year as usual. Every stage was executed without issue and was challenging but fair - except the run and gun, but I think that was the point. They may want to have a defib device at the range next year for that stage
laugh.gif

Thanks for having me and look forward to seeing you all soon\

Shooter #41

Congrats to the shooters! Looks like I missed a really tough one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
By my count that is two nice things you have ever said Steve. Reading self help books or something?
</div></div>

Doing what I can to make the world a more rosey place brother, one hurt feeling at a time!

"Mean what you say, say what you mean, and try not to be mean saying it"
-my new motto

To all that put in the hard work to make this match go as smoothly as it did THANK YOU. I would like to extend another thank you to Tactical Matches for sponsoring the poker chips and tiny men stage..$175 really motivates me to run fast!!

It was great shooting with you all and getting to know some new shooters. Hope to see you all next year.
Eric

The Sin City Precision crew headed down to Phoenix to help out AZ LRPRS. They were gracious enough to allow us to be apart of their national tactical precision rifle match. The TPRC is a great match and I encourage all of you to try and shoot it if possible. We enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to names and internet handles.

6908442387_919bc338e3_z.jpg

6908445627_08a1764804_z.jpg

6908460785_b77bababba_z.jpg

6908465865_cefaae27cc_z.jpg

6908468717_93f854e9cb_z.jpg

6908469485_90c91b465a_z.jpg

6908483623_91751417e0_z.jpg

6908492241_9ea14f7f12_z.jpg

6908518677_115ff5f28f_z.jpg

6908522029_c014af0700_z.jpg

Scrambler Stage

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25CeTEPtqhk&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25CeTEPtqhk&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

What a great time. The AZLRPs crew made the SinCity folks feel right at home, thank you for your outstanding hospitality! Everything ran smoothly, which shows the behind the scenes effort that went into planning this event.

Thank you for your efforts, sweat, burning brain cells, and time. It showed, and is appreciated.

Pretty sure thats not your rifle there Jerry!!!! BUSTED
DSC00564.jpg

Just kidding Jerry! Was great shooting with you.

Eric,
It was good seeing you, thank you for the t-shirt as well. You shot really good on the scrambler and that tiny man stage, congrats!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all that put in the hard work to make this match go as smoothly as it did THANK YOU. I would like to extend another thank you to Tactical Matches for sponsoring the poker chips and tiny men stage..$175 really motivates me to run fast!!

It was great shooting with you all and getting to know some new shooters. Hope to see you all next year.
Eric </div></div>

Yea Chad is so innovative, also Branden on the end is playing angry birds. Those Rock solid stocks were in full force out there.

Awesome match guys. Got to meet some great folks and shot side by side with some of the best in the country. Also got to meet and shoot with some of my customers. It was a blast to hang with my NCPPRC team mates as well. Good times indeed

The AZ crew along with the Vegas boys did an outstanding job running a fun but safe match. Hat's off to you guys and gals! Thank you!!!

We look forward to seeing you guys at our TBRC in Sept!!

Hey guys, I'm Mike, the short guy who has been one of the photographers for each TPRC (you know me if you've been to the event). I couldn't shoot as much of the event this year, but I've posted my photos in a couple galleries to my Facebook page. Here are the links to view the galleries even if you aren't on FB.

Day 1 (29 images): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3270011799279.157071.1536891748&type=3&l=6e8c723f5d

Day 2 (65 images): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3284186273632.157393.1536891748&type=1&l=df5ce67eab

Please let me know if I need to post these links differently based on forum guidelines. *FYI, Facebook galleries have been acting really funky the past couple days with images and whole albums disappearing and reappearing haphazardly.

TPRC2012-700px.jpg

What a great match. That was a lot of fun.
Congratulations to all the top shooters. Great job. You guys are really good.
Thanks a lot to everyone that made it happen.
Also thanks to all the great sponsers. I was way down on the list but still got a great prize from Randy at R+D precision http://www.rdprecision.net/. I will for sure be calling him to thank him.
It was great to see everyone.
Thanks for the dollar Vu.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Any photos of the TactiKilt.....
shocked.gif
</div></div>
If there are don't look at them. Whats seen can't be unseen.

GREAT match!!! Thank you to everyone who put in the time and effort to make this happen. Thank you to Chuck (Pro Plate), Sky (Steiner/Burris), Paul (TriggerTime), and Haken (Spuhr) for supporting Team Pro Plate. Thank you to all of the match sponsors. A special thank you to Mike Victor with http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/, it was a pleasure to meet you and win a set of your AI Viperskins. Saw some old friends and met some great shooters. Hope to see you all again. RJ

The AZ Crew killed it again in 2012. It was nice putting a face to all the names you see winning matches all over the country. What a strong list of competitors this year.

Congratulations Jeff Badley on the strong finish. Hopefully Geordie's and I can keep the tail rotor on next year.

Huge thank you to my shooting mentor Ryan Kerr. I would still practice shooting 100yrd five round groups if it was not for him. This was my best finish in a big match to date. I guess I can kiss my chance of shooting first relay at Vu's goodbye.

Events like this could not happen without the people that laid down a rifle and donated tim. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to shoot in this event. I hope to be a RO for you soon.

One of my buddies said C.H.P . found my match results and declared them a crime scene!

Now that we have clarified that I shot like this was my first competition ever, I have to share my impression of the competition and the people running it.

It would normally be expected for someone that finished well to say “great comp!” and someone that finished poorly to be critical of the event. . . . . Well ….here is one of the most unbiased impressions you will probably get.

This was my first time to make the cut and make the trip to TPRC. This was one of the best two matches I have ever attended. The facility was top notch and Scott, along with his team took advantage of every nook and crevice to offer us great stage designs and a wide range of exercises.

The Range Officers and all match officials were courteous, clear, helpful, and fair. I can say that I really enjoyed every group of R.O.s even when I cleared the line with a zero (which was pretty damn often). The R.O.s were very patient with each squad and ran a tight, safe line while still being approachable and easy to be with. I very much enjoyed all of the staff and want to say how much I appreciate their hard work. Especially the Nevada guys that helped staff the match instead of shoot. I can only imagine that from your point of view, it was like trying to herd squirrels. THANK YOU.

To all of the vendors: Many of you stepped up and provided a super nice prize table. Some of you are a one person business and some of you are part of large companies. Either way, every one of you made some type of extra effort to insure that TPRC had something nice to offer the shooters. THANK YOU.

Congratulations to Francis! Very well done and a good horse race. Same to Wade, Rich and the rest of Team Surgeon. Jeff Badley, you had a great match and I hate I wasn’t in your squad to distract you. Geordie, you give good hugs. Jacob Denny, very good shooting and good to be in your squad. In fact, “Thank you” to everybody in my squad for putting up with me and making the weekend a lot of fun. That includes you Mick with your fine hunk of man ass. It was sure nice to meet many of my friends, some for the first time in person. You all mean a lot to me…..seriously. I hate that I had to leave early to catch my plane.

**************** NEWS FLASH ***************
HEY!!!! I just got an email from MagPul. They want any video footage you may have of me shooting this match. They want to have a new series starring me. It will be called “The Art of Don’t Do What This Guy Did With a Tactical Rifle”!

To all of the military members that attended: It was a pleasure to share the range with you. We all wish you and your families a safe life. It was a privilege to shake your hands and we owe you more than words can say. THANK YOU

Everyone be safe.
No wind,
Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my buddies said C.H.P . found my match results and declared them a crime scene!
</div></div>

LOL

When I first saw the scores here Terry I have to admit I was surprised. I was wondering if you decided to shoot weak side the whole match just to give some others a chance.

Great post, looks like it was a good time, sorry I missed it this year.

Jason

From its inception, this match has become a "must-attend" match for me. The challenging and inventive COFs combined with some of the nicest people running it have made it one of the most enjoyable matches to shoot regardless of how you finish. Thank you to all of the ROs for donating your time and resources to put on a fantastic event. Thank you to all of the sponsors for the great prize table and all the food that was provided. Special thanks to Surefire for the light. That thing is unreal.

Congrats to all the top shooters. The level of talent at this match was off the charts. Charlie, Geordie-lets keep our tail rotors on next time!

What a great match by a great bunch of guys! The hard work and attention to detail that went into it was evident. How could you ask for more than non stop, challenging stages run by professional range officers in a beautiful desert environment.

This was my first time at the TPRC and the furthest west I have traveled to shoot. I enjoyed finally gettting to meet many of the shooters from this region.

Well, I'm off to work on my unsupported support side shooting......

Big thanks to Scott and crew for putting on a great match. The events were challenging and we had no down time at all. Really enjoyed all the stages except for the worry that I might be arrested for hitting so many hostages.
The sponsors all stepped up once again...Hell even I walked away with a nice prize...

It was great seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones.

I gotta finish my Shooting for Dummies book before the next match..

Cheers to all...
Stan

First off, thank you to Scott and the range crew for another great event. This was my 4th TPRC, and this was honestly the best event yet.

Team AZ puts on a hell of a show. Their ROs and range staff keep on improving on the minor details that seperate a good match, from a MUST ATTEND match.

The sponsors of this event stepped up as always and ensured that a guy finishing in 55th walked away with something nice, ask me now I know. Thank you Charley Robertson for the brake install cert! I'll be in touch soon.

Besides the match, prizes, and shooting, I think the best part of these events are the people it attracts.

I got to spend time with some friends I see a few times a year, and met some new ones I look forward to seeing again soon.

Watching Francis and Jeff Badley battle it out was freaking awesome.

Jeff is a fucken machine and hit targets faster than I could miss them...and I freaking fast at missing.

Highlight of the match was face shooting Santa @ 400yards...downside of the match was the other 150 rounds fired......

Vu

My voice is almost back.

It's amazing to read all the positive feedback, you guys have nonidea what that means to us. We try to make it something we'd love to shoot and that seems to be a good formula.

Trick is, it's gonna be even better next year....

tactikilt.png
Sadly, no photos of Hugh's TactiKilt this year, but here's a little memory for ya' that I'm still recovering from photographing last year.
frown.gif
Cannot be unseen is correct. Like staring at the sun too long, I have this ghost image of a Multicam kilt burned onto my retinas. I mean, not that I was staring at his kilt or anything.
whistle.gif

FYI, Facebook is still all screwy for me and I don't trust it's gallery feature this week as albums and photos keep disappearing. AZ LRPRS has put up a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">TPRC 2012 match gallery</span></span> and they are collecting all of our images. I posted mine into the 2012 Saturday and 2012 Sunday albums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">My voice is almost back</span>.

</div></div>Well that's no good..........

that it's coming back that is:)

Just kiddin Stevie. You know we love ya!!!

All kidding aside- WHAT A GREAT MATCH!!! Although my knees and elbows may not agree with that:)

Last year I was amazed by how Scott,Tim,Regina and crew used every inch of available real estate they have available to them and how well it was executed. Some how they managed to do even more this year and it was just awesome!!! Very,very creative match with very,very little down time,basically just enough time to get ready for the next stage.

All in all the AZ crew knows how to put on very well run,very challenging,yet very fun match.

We are already looking forward to next year, I personally cant wait to see what you guys come up with.

I was great seeing everyone!!!

Best Regards

Awsome shoot and crew... Thank you Terry for playing tug a war with my rifle to get the chunk of brass out....what a train wreck. If it wasn't for the stuck round, spit wads, water, busted cleaning rods in my barrel ...well maybe the sidewalk i used as a hammer I might could hit a target! (very long story that will make you piss yourself from laughter) Still it was one of the best shoots I have been to. Great job !

Great match with challenging stages. Thanks to everyone involved in making this match happen. Alot of time and effort was put into and it showed. It was nice to see some old friends and make some new ones. Prize table was great and thanks to everyone who contributed. Great match

A huge THANK YOU to the TPRC crew and sponsors. This was my 4th year at the match and I'm also convinced that this is a DO NOT MISS event -- it was great! I didn't think it could get any better after attending and shooting in years past, but you guys proved me wrong yet again. The course of fire was as challenging as ever (cut a coaxial cable at 100yds with a bullet??? YGBSM!!!) and the crew was very professional and efficient.

Thanks to the sponsors! The prize table was incredible - even though I managed to finish in the bottom 3rd :-( I happily pulled yet another prize from Seekins Precision (Thanks, Glen!) and I'm thrilled that there are so many organizations - large and small - that are willing to support this sport. I must echo Scott's challenge to the shooters -- support the companies that support these matches first, if at all possible.

TPRC crew - you have set an incredible precedent with always making the match better each year -- THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU'RE DOING FOR THIS SPORT! I have full confidence that you can do it again in 2013.

Looking forward to shooting with you all again soon!

Bear

I want to thank EVERYONE at the TPRC for another great match! Scott, Tim, Regina, Steve, Mike and all the ROs you guys did an AMAZING job at putting a kick ass competition. Thank you all for the hard work and hours you put in so we can come by and put our skills to the test.

Looking forward to next year!

MV

Gina, Tim, Scott & RO crew,

Thanks for the opportunity to shoot in an outstanding event. You ran a smooth well run venue. Already planning a practice routine in hopes of competing again next year. Some of the stages seemed straight forward, then when the buzzer went off it wasn't so straight forward.
Thanks to the sponsors as well!

It was great meeting you and other competitors who are normally just a screen name.

Thanks for such a fun and very challenging match.

Dino

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrunkMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
tactikilt.png
Sadly, no photos of Hugh's TactiKilt this year, but here's a little memory for ya' that I'm still recovering from photographing last year.
frown.gif
Cannot be unseen is correct. Like staring at the sun too long, I have this ghost image of a Multicam kilt burned onto my retinas. I mean, not that I was staring at his kilt or anything.
whistle.gif

FYI, Facebook is still all screwy for me and I don't trust it's gallery feature this week as albums and photos keep disappearing. AZ LRPRS has put up a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">TPRC 2012 match gallery</span></span> and they are collecting all of our images. I posted mine into the 2012 Saturday and 2012 Sunday albums. </div></div>

Oh, there are pictures... And video of the tactikilt being lifted up during the side match.

At least he's not free balling under that thing. Very considerate of you Hugh. lol

I notice in a lot of the photos that folks were using a particular type of rear bag - looks like a medium size with 550 paracord on each side and a strap running lengthwise down the centre. Can anyone tell me what type/brand these are?

Dr school, those bags are made by Scott Milk's friends. Get in touch with him to get one. They're airy light and you can attach to the rifle via the para cord/straps. Well worth the money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stockdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dr school, those bags are made by Scott Milk's friends. Get in touch with him to get one. They're airy light and you can attach to the rifle via the para cord/straps. Well worth the money! </div></div>

+1

Scott's friends email for that bag you were talking about is:

[email protected]

Here's some videos of each evolution at the short range

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf4Q6mYjQuY&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf4Q6mYjQuY&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzI0ObHFxzc&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzI0ObHFxzc&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-eFf62H4tU&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-eFf62H4tU&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KOH_zpKxRI4&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KOH_zpKxRI4&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4R3CaJW-s68&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4R3CaJW-s68&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHB3ITtT5-Q&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHB3ITtT5-Q&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Hey Folks:
I'm a little slow to express my thanks for all that all of you did to make the TPRC a very good time for me. It was an awsome match. Everyone involved with setting up and running the match were First Class. It was fun to meet new shooters and renew contact with old friends. I know that all of put in a long ton of time and effort. Thank you.