• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM hosted by K&M PRT (29-31 August)

Alright guys and gals, I'm back in town and we have the 98% solution ready for you. I expect a few guys will drop out and we will fill teams the day of the match to fill holes if we need to.

If there are missing emails it is because the shooter forgot to provide it. You'll have to ask and them post them here. A few emails might be incorrect due to some formatting errors.

We are getting the range prepped and the COF polished for you all this weekend. George said to "ramp it up" for you guys, but I'm trying to tell him half the guys are brand new. You need to big him off the cliff! ;)

I've been bamboozled, thought I had a ringer with the last list.

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to this match and shooting with everyone in a few weeks.

Team 26 needs some shirts!

We need a new version of the Grind it out!

Last edited:
hey George , Brad Cooper here. trying to get my partners contact info for the pro am shoot. thx if you can get that for me. looking forward

to it.

I know this was asked earlier but only one response was posted.
As a new shooter to this kind of competition I would like advice about what to carry in my pack during the competition.
I don't want to overload and I certainly don't want to leave something out that may be crucial.
Any of the experienced shooters pack lists would be appreciated.

I know this was asked earlier but only one response was posted.
As a new shooter to this kind of competition I would like advice about what to carry in my pack during the competition.
I don't want to overload and I certainly don't want to leave something out that may be crucial.
Any of the experienced shooters pack lists would be appreciated.

Bear in mind you'll almost never be more than 350 yards from your vehicle, so it's not like you have to hump every piece of gear all day long. The way Shannon usually breaks up the rotations will allow you chances to swap gear around at your vehicle between sets of stages

Rain gear
Knee and/or elbow pads
Rear bag
Arm bag
Kestrel
magazines
Notebook
Ammo
ear pro
Arm board
Water

I'm probably missing something, but I can't go check my pack right now to see what's missing from the list.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

What kind of rain gear do you use?
Bear in mind you'll almost never be more than 350 yards from your vehicle, so it's not like you have to hump every piece of gear all day long. The way Shannon usually breaks up the rotations will allow you chances to swap gear around at your vehicle between sets of stages

Rain gear
Knee and/or elbow pads
Rear bag
Arm bag
Kestrel
magazines
Notebook
Ammo
ear pro
Arm board
Water

I'm probably missing something, but I can't go check my pack right now to see what's missing from the list.

The weather report got a little bit nicer but not much, I was really hoping it would be nice and dry LOL! Are they going to send out some range briefs for the different stages and yardages etc before the match or is this a you have three minutes go type of match? Our first time attending.

The weather report got a little bit nicer but not much, I was really hoping it would be nice and dry LOL! Are they going to send out some range briefs for the different stages and yardages etc before the match or is this a you have three minutes go type of match? Our first time attending.

The course of fire should be released Friday at the tune up event. Remember that everyone needs to check in Friday at the range.

The course of fire should be released Friday at the tune up event. Remember that everyone needs to check in Friday at the range.

Makes sense but I am sitting here waiting for the match and want something to keep me busy.....

There is some oddness with some teams but eh what do you expect with 10k on the line and I'm sure some good prize table rifles to sell here in a few weeks.

There is some oddness with some teams but eh what do you expect with 10k on the line and I'm sure some good prize table rifles to sell here in a few weeks.

I expect full and complete adherence to the "spirit" of the competition; meaning an Amateur is just that - a fellow that isnt accustomed to tactical match shooting, and has either never shot a match like this, or did but sucked ass at it because he was woefully unprepared.

I expect full and complete adherence to the "spirit" of the competition; meaning an Amateur is just that - a fellow that has either never shot a match like this, or did but sucked ass at it because he was woefully unprepared.

Agreed.

That said, I'm definitely an amateur. My finish at the BDS match proved it.

When I signed up for an AM slot for this match, I had one other match under my belt, in which I finished second to last. Since then, I've shot in several more small matches, and have progressively gotten better, and even had a few very good days. Even still, I'd still certainly consider myself an amateur.

Truthfully, one of the reasons I, as an amateur signed up for this event was the potential to place well against other shooters with similar experience levels. It would be slightly more than disheartening to find out I'm actually competing against professional shooters, even more so with the high cost of getting to and competing in this event.

I can understand the concern from some regarding the potential of a "stacked" team, but I entered this as an Am with the goal to learn lots, have good fun, challenge myself more than a little bit and, with some focus, not embarrass myself. I certainly do not want a last place, but am neither expecting top ten nor not expecting it. I fully expect that there are those that qualify as Amateurs but are much better than I. That neither discourages me nor makes me feel out-matched.

I trust that George and Shannon want this to be a good match and probably have done a decent job trying to juggle the team thing. It is never an easy thing to do so. I say that we should all focus on our own mental and physical preparedness and look forward to a great match this weekend! I know that I am.

Of course, it may just be that this is how some prepare themselves mentally. Each to his own.

Guys,

Don't sweat the small stuff, the only one who can beat you worse than another competitor is you. If you go into the match worrying about "Team Stacked" you already lost 10 places. That is part of the learning curve, there will always be a better shooter on the line than you. What carries you across to a higher finish is your attitude and your ability to not beat yourself.

I haven't looked at the list, don't care beyond who I get to socialize with. But don't go giving yourself excuses to fail before you even show up. We are all shooting the same targets, under the same conditions, each with the ability to practice beforehand. (Somewhat I am just zeroing my rifle today as it just showed up Friday :) ) Go out, have fun and get your hits. As Hathcock used to say, get in your bubble and turn off the outside world.

This is a learning opportunity, if there are guys doing well as Team, watch them and see how they interact with each other. Learn from their success so you something to take away.

I never go into it "hoping" to place some where, I just work to not beat myself and make preventable mistakes. If your head is in your competition you already made the first mistake, so try not to carry that same mistake over to next weekend.

See ya there...

Copy Frank's post and put it in your kit after you've re-read it about 50 times. When you get to the match READ IT AGAIN!!!!!!

I'll see you all there!!!!

Guys, my comment was meant in fun. I've shot a few matches and seem to get worse the more I shoot. The last match I shot I was paying more attention to what was going on around me and not keeping the fundamentals of marksmanship in mind. The best advice I could offer would be to focus on the fundamentals! Everything else will work out. As Frank mentioned above, this will be a great opportunity to learn. Have fun and enjoy the match.

Last edited:
I care not whether there is a stacked team or not. I say bring it!
My two reasons for signing up were to become a better shooter and shoot against top tier pros.
I look forward to the challenge and meeting all of you.

I joined the PRS this year in hopes of trying out the "long range" aspect of shooting. So far I have been cursed with blown knees, blown wrist, pneumonia, surgery, paid for and missed tournaments and to date have not been able to shoot really all year. I was signed up for the PRO/AM and will attend. The rifle I built to shoot, I have had one thing after another come up and last week found I would not be able to use it (I still don't even have load data for it...). A week before on-site registration begins, I was able to borrow a friends rifle in a caliber I have never shot. I have had one chance to shoot it out to 615yds. I have exactly 0 loaded rounds for it right now. I just got off of the phone with a friend who is trying to find time to help me load some rounds. Am I worried about a stacked deck? NO! Do I expect to win? NO! Do I expect to lose? NO! I have faith in the pro I have been paired with (I know he has his hands full). This competition is exactly for people like me. It's about learning. It's about having the chance to go to a competition and have a professional/semi-professional shooter help you the entire way. Even if you have been to competition before, you probably had some advise and occasional feedback, but did you have someone "hold your hand" the entire time? I doubt it. How many people have been scared off from competition because they had no clue what was going on or what to do? If they had this type of guidance their first time out do you think they may have stuck in it a little longer? Probably. At my age/skill/physical shape I compare this to a lot of the obstacle course / mud runs that I do. Simply finishing is winning! If you entered hoping for top shot at a prize table, then maybe this wasn't the competition for you. For those of us hoping to get some experience, knowledge, just to have fun, whatever, it is perfect. It doesn't count toward points, so have fun with it. If it gets so serious that I am worried about stacked decks, or whatever, then I need to shoot a different series or with different guys... Just my 2cents (have you ever noticed they don't have a "cents" key on the keyboard... hmmm...)

Looking forward to it, getting ammo ready today. shot a few rounds yesterday for practice. My partner and I are excited about being in this competition, with so many new faces to the sport it should be really great!
I think alot of you new shooters will walk away saying.... Why in the hell didn't i try this sooner and when is the next match!!

Last edited: