• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup UPDATE ! 3/8/14

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Howdy Folks,

Just wanted to give you an update for the CUP as many of you have already registered. We still have slots left as we are able to accommodate a lot of people, so if you know someone looking to attend, tell them to sign up. We are accepting all shooters between now and May 1st.

As far as timings, from the range itself to the exit off I-76 that takes you the back way to the airport it was exactly 1 hour and that is driving the speed limit. So while from the highway to the range is about 25 minutes, it's still a pretty easy ride into the Denver area.

Hotels in Fort Morgan include, the Clarion, Super 8, Rodeway, and Comfort Inn... they are all cheaper than we found in Douglas and have easy access to Route 144 which is the way to the range. You have Wal-Mart, Gas Stations, Fast Foods, etc all in Fort Morgan as well as a Mexican restaurant right off exit 66A.

There is plenty of space for camping and parking of your RVs on the range. I estimated the parking as Trigger Time was having a match today and with the vehicles there I was able to gauge the space. Plus there is room on the other side for parking too. There are no hook ups or anything beyond a portajohn, but you have Jackson Lake and Fort Morgan's Riverside very close. But we can accommodate people camping out if you were interested.

I started laying out the stations and it's looking really good, lots of space a wide variety of situations and we'll be adding in some obstacles and things to spice up the match. While similar to the last two years, this one will be a varied in the approach.

I am also considering a 1 Mile Shot as we have it available in a very easy spot, so I might throw it in. It would be part of another stage so you can still gain points with rifles that might not be suited for 1 mile shooting, but still it might be fun to take a poke at it, it's safe and easy and we have shot it before with 308s there.

The Demo Area will be accessible during the entire match. It will not be shut down, and will allow companies to continue shooting during the breaks. We'll have a lot of companies represented there.

As with last year we'll have a Night Vision Side match that will take place two nights. MOD Armory & Armasight will be running two night stages. Also we may have another stage on hand to be determined. This is not a mandatory stage, but there are some great prizes available and we'll be able to open it up a bit better than last year.

Finally, we are working on having a Pig Roast for everyone and will have some other food on hand during the entire event. Not sure which night will be the pig roast yet, but probably on Thursday during check in and the safety brief, worst case, Friday or Saturday. But food will be on hand, we plan to make sure people eat and hydrate.

If you have any questions let me know, i am really excited about the stages I am mapping out... we'll also have movers during the match this year, definitely one, maybe two.

Here is a map, overview of the area

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 5.54.50 PM.jpg

CO 10 from the Center of Weldona, off 144...

Are we going to get a basic written map of directions to the range. Distances, Direction of travel out of Fort Morgan on 144.

There is only 3 streets in Weldona and CO 10 is pretty prominent, the fact the system reduced the image size should be a non-issue, you have google maps, simply type in Weldona, CO, it's right off 144, which goes parallel to the highway.

I cannot put a map in from Google without it shrinking it

Just look at 144, Weldona, 10... you can take 11 directly off 144 and cross to 10, or Main Street follow to the right then left on 10, etc.

Try this
    <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m12!1m3!1d48655.737500942385!2d-103.95119795092768!3d40.34270994972366!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1396557372803" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

Are people able to go to just watch and spectate?

Sorry just found the answer on another thread.

Last edited:
    Question: can you advise if a tripod would be a good item to carry? Just watching the budget but if a tripod would be of significant help at a certain stage or stages, I'd be fine with
    buying one. As you know, some are in the $400 to $500+ range, so it'd be nice not to spend this money if one is not needed. This will be my first SHC and only the second match I've
    attended. I'm trying not to over-pack or under-pack for the match. Thanks for any advice!!

[MENTION=2671]Scottmilk9[/MENTION] no restriction on semis

I would not say a tripod is necessary so you all don't need to bring one.

Also to clear update a copy & paste from last year, registration is open until May 1st ... So for those who thought we shut it down and they missed it you can still register until May 1st in the SH Store the link is at the top of the page.

Scott,

As I have everything now, there should be no reason to drop mag and lock the bolt on any stage. It's a lot of space and we are not doing anything special Olympics style that would require you to clear the gun between movements. It's all pretty straight forward, so putting it on safe is enough.

Local I know from Ft Morgan told me yesterday that the area is having a little bit of an oil boom, and suggested that I make my reservations sooner rather than later. When I called the Clarion Inn today to make reservations, the Lady I spoke with confirmed the same.

Driving out today they just started working along I-76 prior it was well north. So it's definitely moving in the area.

Fort Morgan has a bunch of hotels, Hampton, Clarion, Super 8, Rodeway, also you can head towards Denver. A lot of smaller motels around Wiggins, Roggen, and then back towards Denver you have some near Lockbuie.

There's a couple hotels in Brush as well, just East of Ft Morgan. However, I'll caution you that they are nothing to write home about.

Guys,

We are finalizing a lot, and will be out working more this week.

We have some familiar big names stepping up again, Like George Gardner from GA Precision, We have Bushnell Tactical, Steiner & Burris will be on hand an big part of the event. We have Nathan Hunt with Homewrecker sending us a Tricked out 1187 Shotgun for the prize table. Mile High Shooting will be there, Nordic Components has already sent stuff in. MOD Armory will be on hand, Armasight, hosting some side bets with great NV gear to give away.

Its really rolling forward looking forward to seeing everyone

Talked to the guys over at MOD ARMORY today about their side match for the Cup.

Like last year it will be open to anyone wanting to shoot it, but it is not mandatory, however they are giving away some great prizes.

Basically we'll have a two night elimination, you can shoot it out on either Thursday Night or Friday and then on Saturday we'll shoot it out with the winners for prizes.

SCARs... NV... Plate Racks ... fill in the blanks

That sounds pretty cool. Wind is hard to read at night!

Frank for the NV side match are we shooting our own rifles? If so should we have NV mounts rigged for use with our day optic?

Are there any new gun laws that we should be aware of, traveling from Texas? Magazine restrictions or anything? We are still unregulated here but I remember vaguely about something passing in Colorado. Thank you in advance

Are there any new gun laws that we should be aware of, traveling from Texas? Magazine restrictions or anything? We are still unregulated here but I remember vaguely about something passing in Colorado. Thank you in advance

No. You just can't buy a mag with more than 10 rounds capacity here anymore unless you're LE. If you're from out of state or already had them before the ban you're fine. Great law huh?

There are lots of hotel/motel rooms in Sterling, Colo. to the east about 40 miles if things get tight.
    North to Highway 14 then east or down to 76 then east.
    It may be a bit farther to drive but there wouldn't be all of the traffic and probably faster and damn sure quieter.
    Just a thought. FM

NV Side matches are supplied rifles, SCARS, the targets are not gonna be far, but we'll have some demo stuff set up alongside to shoot with.

It's a plate rack, not far at all, wind will not be an issue

There are NO ISSUES with any CO Gun Laws, it does not effect anyone coming in from out of state. Hell after the match you can drive to Denver and buy a 1/4 oz of dope if you want, they are happy for the pot tourism. But as far as gun stuff, you just can't go shopping at Magpul for anything over 15 rounds, which means just 10.

NV Side matches are supplied rifles, SCARS, the targets are not gonna be far, but we'll have some demo stuff set up alongside to shoot with.

It's a plate rack, not far at all, wind will not be an issue

There are NO ISSUES with any CO Gun Laws, it does not effect anyone coming in from out of state. Hell after the match you can drive to Denver and buy a 1/4 oz of dope if you want, they are happy for the pot tourism. But as far as gun stuff, you just can't go shopping at Magpul for anything over 15 rounds, which means just 10.

So Frank, with the entrance fee we already paid at $250.00, does this include the Night Vision side match?

The way I see it, you simply show up to the Night Vision matches and the MOD Armory folks provide everything, including ammo, correct? If not, what would I need to bring in order to participate?

I can imagine that there will be a LOT of participants at the Night Vision courses. Is there a limit to the number of?

I won't be able to shoot after-all this year. So, since I already have a camping spot at Jackson Res anyway, I would like to offer my services as an RO. Has there been any RO info posted that I missed?

I may be back in this! I came up with the funds, but am now w/o a stock! If I can borrow one or find one that works with my Defiance action, I should be good. Was really bummed that I wasn't going to shoot it especially since I'm most likely moving back east in June.

Not a standard 700 foot print is it? I'd give Kyle at XLR a call, see if he's got a demo you can try, maybe buy it if you like it.

Not a standard 700 foot print is it? I'd give Kyle at XLR a call, see if he's got a demo you can try, maybe buy it if you like it.

Almost...the tenon is longer. The smith that put my rifle in that McRees I had added bedding compound in the recoil lug well to fill the gap. Worked well. There's a TF1A for sale on the board I'm watching. If it's still around Monday I may give Mile High a call to see if they could open the barrel channel and do similar with the lug-well in a timely manner for me and I'll pick that one up. The smith I"ve been using is slammed and wouldn't be able to get it to me for six weeks.

I talked to Kyle at XLR and was asking about the carbon chassis for Defiance and he's 7 weeks on the carbon. Manners is 16 - 18 weeks on their carbon stocks. Was wanting to go as light as possible but I may have to compromise!

I won't be able to shoot after-all this year. So, since I already have a camping spot at Jackson Res anyway, I would like to offer my services as an RO. Has there been any RO info posted that I missed?

Need a rifle? You are welcome to my other 6x47.

Actually a bum ass question, guys how is a long-range shoot scored. I've never been to one, just trying to learn.

It varies, but usually you will be awarded points for hits, and none for misses. Some matches will give you two shots at a target depending on the difficulty of the shot where you might score 2 points if you hit it on the first round or 1 point if you use the miss to correct and score a hit on the second shot. He with the most points accumulated, and thus the highest number of hits/points, at the end of the match wins.

Thank you. We are putting together a local southern Oregon invitational gig. We shoot, on a 3500/4500 acre ranch, but never gamed. We want to make sure we get it right. Our crew has promoted a lot of vintage motocross and cross country events here, but this will be a first regarding long range shooting.

Sorry to interrupt.