• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2021 Accuracy International Virtual SHOT Show coming soon!

I’m going to order one this week. @NoLegs24 will the AXSR stock/folder upgrade will be a factory option? Or just part of the accessory line?

I’m going to order one this week. @NoLegs24 will the AXSR stock/folder upgrade will be a factory option? Or just part of the accessory line?

No. My understanding is, The rifle will only come with the fixed stock and no top (NV) bridge.

Everything else is a separate add on i.e. stock (folding hinge), NV bridge, rails, weights etc.

I know some AT’s, you have to buy the action rail as separate item as too many guys wanted something different (low or high rails) So they were just selling AT’s without any action rails.
Maybe they’ll do the same with this? Since it is an option to use either height rails.

Reactions: CIB2007
Anyone have an idea on when the chassis alone will become available? I have an AT I will debond to put in this.

Anyone have an idea on when the chassis alone will become available? I have an AT I will debond to put in this.

I wouldn’t count on this year.

Gotta let as many people buy the full rifle as you can, and then release the chassis for all the hold outs. If you want to maximize your sales.

Not mine, wish it was, thought some of y’all might like the pics

CB93C948-8F5D-4C21-8D7C-CFD2BAC9951E.jpeg

83223F4D-581F-4577-B869-3AD256CF4C05.jpeg

594E1BD7-1421-43FE-AE49-EE4BB52E954F.jpeg

Anybody know what color this one is? Also how long is the hand guard? Thanks
I called a few days ago asking about the handguard length (planning to order a 308 barrel to have in hand hopefully when the rifles start shipping)

I got put on hold for a "tech"... ended up taking to Scott, and after taking some measurements while on the phone with me he suggested the barrel would need to be over 17" for the can to clear the end of the chassis

Gladi didn't already order a 16!

Thanks man, 18” barrel was what I was planning on just wanted to make sure before committing to barrel. Curious if anyone can answer what that chassis color is... Elite sand maybe?

Thanks man, 18” barrel was what I was planning on just wanted to make sure before committing to barrel. Curious if anyone can answer what that chassis color is... Elite sand maybe?
The rear stock looks like it's Dark Earth.

Last edited:
@Defender3 @Dendro

I believe it’s an ASR stock, so DE would make sense.

The chassis looks more green so that to me would be elite sand since sage green is not offered in the AT-X
Yep it’s hard to tell, I like it whatever it is. Wish there were more pics of the different colors, red seems to be the only one that shows up in any searches.

Yep it’s hard to tell, I like it whatever it is. Wish there were more pics of the different colors, red seems to be the only one that shows up in any searches.
Well, the NRA blue is a pretty standard color, I think it would be like the attached. We also know what AI's DE, black and ES look like. Too bad they didn't include the Pale Brown Master Race!

Attachments

• NRA Blue.jpg
    NRA Blue.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 209
Reactions: Dendro
This picture is fascinating. An AI Obsession chassis AT sitting next to the AT X, that must've been awkward. And a custom rifle in an MPA, perfect comparison of the best competition chassis rifles available....and then in the background there's a husky guy wearing ACU pants with a TAC vest at a PRS match, lol! I guess photo bombing all the bad ass rifles, LOL! 😂

(Apologies in advance if that's you)
Those are the rifles for the particular squad shooting that stage, they all get put on the red line (which you may not be able see in the pic). I took a hoop of pics, just didn't post them all. And since the thread was about AI, I posted pics from their squad as they moved from stage to stage. The CWO photobombing (a big gentleman - think natural M60 / M240 gunner) was part of the AI squad and happened to be shooting later so while he was, I was able to get pics of the rifles.

Any updates on the 223 and PRC conversions that were announced?

If you email AI customer support asking for any info about the upcoming 223 conversion, they email back saying there is no 223 conversion... I spoke with a few people who also asked and received the same reply. Maybe the customer service person answering the emails doesn't know about the conversions? I haven't bothered asking Mile High...

Knowing how long the wait can be for "coming soon!" AI stuff, I got antsy and the new 223 bolt and modified magazines from Enrique and Gilbert arrived yesterday. Greg at bugholes should hopefully be done with the barrel in about 4-5 weeks, so it won't be long until I'll be shooting my very own 223ai AI...

Still interested in updates on AI's own conversions, especially after the weird email response from their customer support.

Just send them a link to the guy in charge of AINA saying it was coming on video LOL

• Haha
Reactions: NoLegs24
Any updates on the 223 and PRC conversions that were announced?

If you email AI customer support asking for any info about the upcoming 223 conversion, they email back saying there is no 223 conversion... I spoke with a few people who also asked and received the same reply. Maybe the customer service person answering the emails doesn't know about the conversions? I haven't bothered asking Mile High...

Knowing how long the wait can be for "coming soon!" AI stuff, I got antsy and the new 223 bolt and modified magazines from Enrique and Gilbert arrived yesterday. Greg at bugholes should hopefully be done with the barrel in about 4-5 weeks, so it won't be long until I'll be shooting my very own 223ai AI...

Still interested in updates on AI's own conversions, especially after the weird email response from their customer support.
Dude they can’t even get their stories right on what’s happening with the AXSA and AT rifles. They said in all of the podcasts that they are both being discontinued for the commercial market and replaced by the ATX. ...only to have another AI rep contradict it a week later on here. Same goes for the LA version of the ATX chassis.

So the way you treat AI releases is the same way you treat waiting to be released for the day. You ignore what everyone around you is saying because you’re not off until you’re in your car and just left the base. ...so ignore whatever release schedule is rumored or even stated by reps because none of it matters until they are in stock and you have a tracking number.

Dude they can’t even get their stories right on what’s happening with the AXSA and AT rifles. They said in all of the podcasts that they are both being discontinued for the commercial market and replaced by the ATX. ...only to have another AI rep contradict it a week later on here. Same goes for the LA version of the ATX chassis.

So the way you treat AI releases is the same way you treat waiting to be released for the day. You ignore what everyone around you is saying because you’re not off until you’re in your car and just left the base. ...so ignore whatever release schedule is rumored or even stated by reps because none of it matters until they are in stock and you have a tracking number.

Yep, there certainly is conflicting info. Wasn't looking for a hard ship date, just a word of confirmation by one of the AI guys that it is indeed coming to market at some point. Other than the little blurb at the end of the video AI has subsequently been quiet on the subject of bolt conversions-- and their own customer service is telling people they don't exist, instead of telling potential buyers they'll be available in the future.

Nothing in the firearm industry is ever fast, or on time. Don’t wait for the “coming soon”.

Exactly. I figured if I wanted to be shooting 223 out of my AX this year, I wasn't waiting for AI actual. When Enrique said he had one 223 bolt left and ready to go I jumped on it... And he turned it around in about 6 days. Greg has my barrel blank and the headspace measurement with the new 223 bolt-- just waiting for my turn on the lathe.

If AI does proceed with the 223 conversions, I'm looking forward to seeing their magazine solution. Keeping my fingers crossed they offer an AT/AX double stack 223 mag with a longer OAL capability than the accurate or MDT 223 mags.

But again, in this industry... Hurry up and wait. While I'm waiting to see what AI comes out with I'll be shooting 223ai out of my AX with your conversion kit. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: trophyhunter
If AI does proceed with the 223 conversions, I'm looking forward to seeing their magazine solution. Keeping my fingers crossed they offer an AT/AX double stack 223 mag with a longer OAL capability than the accurate or MDT 223 mags.
A rat tail file to the front of an accurate mag makes them have insanely long OAL

I want an AW-223 mag 15-20 rounds but I also want to be supreme leader of the world, wonder which will happen first?

@M8541Reaper Bingo. Go watch paint dry.

No ones going to give a date. As UK constantly goes lockdown.

I’m sure the .223 ( if that were to happen) will take a hell of a lot longer than the magnum bolt that Frank go to shoot off of one of the AT-X’s
yup.

I’m across the way from Sporting Services UK and emailed em last month about snagging a MKiii forend (tryin to snag one for that unicorn look back in the states lol). Their rep said they don’t even have the MKiii rifles yet let alone no idea when they’ll get the accessories.

This whole continent is constantly going back and forth with their lockdowns, so it would definitely be more productive to watch paint dry.

Even in the AI podcast, they made it seem like the mag bolt is close (cough five years cough) and the 223 bolt is at the bottom of a stack somewhere for a much later (cough decade cough 😂) date.

Lefties: Coming Soon in 2065. 😂