• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 20MOA base 56mm obj. ring height? Med High or High

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
What rings are you guys running. I have a set of mediums on the way, may be too low. Its a NF with a 56mm obj., and a 20 MOA base, medium palma countour...

Was told that Medium highs may not even be enough...

Re: 20MOA base 56mm obj. ring height? Med High or High

Different companies have different names and actual heights but any 1" height ring should work fine for you. It's what I have used on my 56mm S&B on a heavier contour barrel without a problem.

I'm running IOR lows with a Sightron SIII and a 56mm objective on a Remmy 5R. There is about 1/16-1/8" clearance between the objective bell and the barrel. Not sure I could get away with it on an MTU contour.

My data above is on a Badger 20 MOA base. If you use a taller base like that on a Templar or a Farrell base then you can get away with shorter rings.

my 20MOA base is a custom Pierce base, their action is a slightly differant contour on the top than a 700, and seems a bit taller than the norm, but I will find out the hard way.

A 1" height ring is the safe bet. It will definitely work.