• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Rimfire Squirrel Rifles

CZ 455 American

Attachments

• EF5C4878-0250-40BF-8CCB-498290E2F86F.jpeg
    EF5C4878-0250-40BF-8CCB-498290E2F86F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 79
Reactions: RTH1800
I bought a nice little Remington 581 late last year. Everything appears fine, EXCEPT the trigger is frozen. I recall Remington packed these triggers with lithium grease. I'm thinking after 40 years it's set up. Hopefully a nice long soak in acetone will remove it. Anyway, it's my 'Summer Project'.
FYI - I bought an old Rem mod 592 last year that had been in storage for more than 30y and its trigger was seized up also. I removed it from the stock and hosed it with gun scrubber first and then soaked it with Kroil and later with some super lube from Advanced Weapons Technology. After working it for a while it free'ed up and is working fine now.

Reactions: JH1961
FYI - I bought an old Rem mod 592 last year that had been in storage for more than 30y and its trigger was seized up also. I removed it from the stock and hosed it with gun scrubber first and then soaked it with Kroil and later with some super lube from Advanced Weapons Technology. After working it for a while it free'ed up and is working fine now.
Thanks for your insight!

The buyer came by last nigth and picked up the 52C Sporter and a case of Eley Match ammo. We each shot a few groups with it. My last one was very good and I will miss it a little. Just did not need to keep them all. Went to a good home. :)

Antique Model 60, from 1976, 17 shot tube fed, 21 inch barrel.
Cheap 3x9-32 on top for myself.

ACtC-3frdisMsGoyb1bTnPyjXYBvJvs7CO24ROuA_37q4iEySabK0PQ-MlOtlWBogDjw3K86mqMxtz4A29tM_WDCo-P4pvNYB2jA1akV7S_SzoW9bcNisncw-CeaOQ7PJheUO1-lmrzAm8u1ALttj8uS6KB6=w332-h417-no
Got one just like it, that was the first gun I bought with my own money and it would have been roundabouts 1976. It hasn't got out much in the last couple of decades, but man I put 1000's of mini mags through that rifle in my teens.

Reactions: camocorvette
That "Antique" has stocked the skillet and stewpot for over 45 years.
Slip 15 cartridges in the tube and y'er good for the entire day.
It's no benchrest rifle, but for small critters at less than 25 yards, very effective.
It's taught kids how to shoot, kept the clan entertained at gatherings,
been used to check muzzle velocities when the cartridges wouldn't fit a match chamber.
Feed it bulk Fed 36 gr cphp and it does the job.

I've just gotten into squirrel hunting as we have had some getting in the house but I have found I enjoy in very much. My CZ 457 always does a number on them and I'll be darned if they aren't tasty!

squeeker!.jpeg

I've just gotten into squirrel hunting as we have had some getting in the house but I have found I enjoy in very much. My CZ 457 always does a number on them and I'll be darned if they aren't tasty!

View attachment 7634258
MY GOSH! that gray is a monster , that's a Ole Folks Home squirrel ! Round these parts there about the size of his tail and like greased lighting ! That's meat n the pot ! Be careful hunting them around the house my neighbors window took a pass thru from my trusty 5mm Sheridan years back !

Reactions: nikonNUT
MY GOSH! that gray is a monster , that's a Ole Folks Home squirrel ! Round these parts there about the size of his tail and like greased lighting ! That's meat n the pot ! Be careful hunting them around the house my neighbors window took a pass thru from my trusty 5mm Sheridan years back !

I hear you man. I always make sure to take high angle shots or verify what is behind the target. And for the size…the little buggers are corn fed around here! Well birdseed feed 🤣 They’re all chunks! Here’s one that my marmalade (He’s a chunk too!) was giving head rubs …That cat hears the .22 and comes running! He's always thrilled with his happy meal!
9E4D9663-C30D-4545-BEAB-762ED0ACAF5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Been seeing… something by one of my squirrel honey holes. Alway just a flash and gone. This evening I crept to the edge of the house and there it was. Brought the rifle up as he/she looked up. PFFT! Done! Is it me or is this the biggest squirrel ever? 🤣
C62CA9CB-54B5-4AF6-883B-87AF5C592B97.jpeg

Size 10.5 work boot for scale. Also well fed! Maybe the tree rats will feel like coming back now.

Last edited:
This is a prime example of what happens when animals and people, take hand outs. Both of these critters are examples of obesity proably have high cholesterol and close to diabetic. You being a thought full leader in your community, haven taken action to get them off LOCAL AID ,saw that they were incapable of returning to Natural life. Therefore as Administrator you saved them from suffering.

YEP yall start showing them kill shots! Not my go to squirrel rifle , but it's a multi-tasker, I've barked a few off of limbs with it but its built for these. Just laid this one down under my feeder at 250 yds !
20210527_190557.jpg

Right below the ear spine shot .

Last edited:
Heck yes ! My momma put the Chick Fili maneuver on it 1/4 cup of oil in a old pressure cooker fryed it in about 6 minutes and tender ! 30 weight gravy and biscuits with onions and taters ! SHUT YOR MOUTH !

Shot a couple 6x5s with mine. Love this rifle.

Attachments

• E82360B6-ECC6-4D88-B928-0352EACE980D.jpeg
    E82360B6-ECC6-4D88-B928-0352EACE980D.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 72
  • B2E51938-0312-4784-8CB1-B341D31F2AA5.jpeg
    B2E51938-0312-4784-8CB1-B341D31F2AA5.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 6F0FD0F6-4AAA-4BE0-94AB-5DB99D8FE9EF.jpeg
    6F0FD0F6-4AAA-4BE0-94AB-5DB99D8FE9EF.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 72
Roll them quarters in corn meal, brush with egg wash and roll 'em again.
Drop 'em in the skillet with a half inch of bubbling bacon grease.
Flip after the bottom browns, flip again when the top has browned and the meat falls off the bone.
Grab a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce and a cold drink and enjoy.

Mmmmmmmmmmm...Bacon, it's not just for breakfast...;)

It's a wonder I haven't blocked an artery already, eh?

Never tried the corn meal pressure cooked it then sorted the bones out made some of the best chille I've ever had.

You want a blocked artery? I do the same but do 1/2 a cup of mayo and a whole egg for the wash. Then I dredge in cornmeal with a HEALTHY dose of Slap Ya' Mamma and fry to golden brown. Hot sauce and cold beer and viola! So good! Not for my arteries but ya know... Option #2 Whole carcass goes in a slow cooker, cook until the meat falls from the bone and shred. 1/2 a cup of stock to the stuff in the pot, heat to the boil, add corn starch, stir until thick, add meat back and heat thru. Serve over cathead biscuits with a dusting of Slap Ya' Mamma a or dash of hot sauce and chow down! Breakfast of champions, er, country boys!

• Love
Reactions: Rimdenter
Nut, my wife just looked over my shoulder to see what I was mmmmmmmmmmming about.
She said the Mayo tip will be tried next time we go.
She also said ya' need to use that slow cooker and instead of corn starch,
try adding a bit of rue and a healthy scoop of red curry powder.
Simmer till the tastes blend and serve over rice. Oh man, now I'm really hungry.

• Love
If yall are ever in the area and I'm not tied up I'll turn you on to some pig killin! I shot one Monday under same feeder with the RIMX just missed the ear knocked him down for a second then gone. Coyotes gotta eat to, this one I put in front of my 200 yd target in front of a thermal sensor got the 277 ar with Thermion on standby. Pics form yesterday.
20210527_203724.jpg
spypoint_26618737286355.jpg

Nut, my wife just looked over my shoulder to see what I was mmmmmmmmmmming about.
She said the Mayo tip will be tried next time we go.
She also said ya' need to use that slow cooker and instead of corn starch,
try adding a bit of rue and a healthy scoop of red curry powder.
Simmer till the tastes blend and serve over rice. Oh man, now I'm really hungry.
Oh man! That sounds amazing! I never though of a good rue. Next round of squirrel is getting that treatment!

If yall are ever in the area and I'm not tied up I'll turn you on to some pig killin! I shot one Monday under same feeder with the RIMX just missed the ear knocked him down for a second then gone. Coyotes gotta eat to, this one I put in front of my 200 yd target in front of a thermal sensor got the 277 ar with Thermion on standby. Pics form yesterday.View attachment 7634960View attachment 7634961
Deal! I get to Lone Star a few times a year to visit one of my suppliers and good friends. I'd love to bust some hogs!

Your like that DUDE in New YORK your killing all the old folks off!
Well, that was #16 since the season opened on May 15th. Must have a squirrel retirement home at my place... :LOL:

Last edited:
That's a short hop from Lone Star. I'm down!
LoneStar Texas I go through there ounce or twice a week I have A lake Lot on Bob Sandlin theres 10 squirrels in every tree up there never been hunted. I have 400 acres up their I hunt. Shoot man we can go over there as well I shot 23 hogs over there last year.

All right back to SQUIRREL rifles I got side tracked , dont take alot.

If yall are ever in the area and I'm not tied up I'll turn you on to some pig killin! I shot one Monday under same feeder with the RIMX just missed the ear knocked him down for a second then gone. Coyotes gotta eat to, this one I put in front of my 200 yd target in front of a thermal sensor got the 277 ar with Thermion on standby. Pics form yesterday.View attachment 7634960View attachment 7634961
Doubt I’d ever be in the area, but this sounds awesome! Hopefully you guys post some photos if you get together and make it happen.

Lone Star is an awesome little town. Scot Industries is my main steel supplier and I've started checking out the area. Might have to migrate that way someday.

Doubt I’d ever be in the area, but this sounds awesome! Hopefully you guys post some photos if you get together and make it happen.
If you ever have a reason to visit east Texas don't pass it up. The area between New Boston and, say, Gilmer is pretty chill and THE best steak I have ever had was at the 5D Cattle Company in Avinger, TX.

Reactions: JBoomhauer
Yep that's a big honing and joint plant on 250 east I got land over by Cartersville and Marrietta. I hunt from time to time .

If you ever have a reason to visit east Texas don't pass it up. The area between New Boston and, say, Gilmer is pretty chill and THE best steak I have ever had was at the 5D Cattle Company in Avinger, TX.
Me and the wife go there bout 2 times a year. You come on down I'll take you to Seth's Lake Fork Creek seafood fresh gator and all.

Reactions: STex and nikonNUT
Its all hand cut aged steaks ! It's a 5 star restaurant in a town of 157 people they come from all over the country to eat there looks like a old west town.

Last edited:
Reactions: STex and nikonNUT
Just took my new 77/22 out for it's first range trip today. Got it zeroed, (Nikon 4-16) and played with it a bit, but I didn't try many different types of ammo with it to see what it likes. I have a buck of the inexpensive bulk ammo that most guys use for plinking, and hunting, but I don't have any real good quality target ammo in any quantities anyway, and with the ammo scare still in full swing, it's not like I can just go out and pick up a case of whatever it ends up liking, nor could I afford to. Still, it was fun to shoot it. Been a long time since I've toyed with a .22lr.

Its all hand cut aged steaks ! It's a 5 star restaurant in a town of 157 people they come from all over the country to eat there looks like a old west town.
^^^ Quoted for truth! I have NO idea how I ended up Avinger but 5D is the real deal and the history of the town on the 5D website is a good read! I think my buddy Shaun said the graduating class was 10. :LOL: I though Mount Ida , Arkansas was small! My graduating class was 26!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimdenter
Right… squirrels and rifles! My tree rat buster…
88492318-F268-4D53-8CF0-6E7B0BEDF685.jpeg

And If you ever want test your mettle come to Michigan with me and try killing one of these black demons. I am convinced nothing short of .308 will stop them in one shot! 🤣
FB14234D-66B4-4AC1-BB8C-0A9ACDD982EE.jpeg

983FD67A-24FA-4A5A-AE7E-94E3E95B9065.jpeg