• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Rimfire Squirrel Rifles

Got my new Kidd Squirrel gun home and put together. Kidd ULW barrel in classic slip fit receiver, single stage trigger (2lb pull), Leupold 4x28 Rimfire scope (with Leupold flip up covers), Warne 7200M low rings. 5lb 8.4oz total weight. Shoots bug hole 10 round groups at 25 yards (indoor range) with SV or HV ammo. Need to get it outside and see what it will do at longer distances...then in the woods for it's intended purpose.

Attachments

• Da-Squirrel.jpg
    Da-Squirrel.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: nikonNUT and FuhQ
My Cz 455.
Egw mount, Burris Signature Rings, and Leupold 4-12 AO.
It's good enough to do headshots (provided I have a good fallen tree to brace on) @50yds. It can do that consistently enough where I won't shoot unless I can get a headshot. Seems to like Norma Tac 22.
I got a TSC Scoundrel recently that I want to try with it this weekend.

77738300110664137841.jpeg

Carnivore? Yep.
Barbarian? According to the wife, I'm barely housebroke. :(

No knife needed to clean a squirrel.
A good set of garden shears is all I use.

What sheers specifically work the best? He mentioned the ones he had have a notch?

I have a 40 plus year old pair of Craftsman bypass shears, E.
Orange painted handles, carbon steel blades hold an edge surprisingly well.
Easy to disassemble to clean/sharpen.

The wife's poultry shears do the job just as well, when she's not looking. ;)

6041C212-4F75-4FE8-A75C-1788C8FA5551.jpeg
1F4ECFBD-8D2B-4783-BAA2-F2067C9A9473.jpeg
53D799E3-4EF5-4100-8B18-BCFA76B371DE.jpeg
Checked the HB 52 Win with a select lot of Eley Tenex EPS. The 1/2” dot was checking my 100 yard data.
The 2” dot was checking my 200 yard data no wind flags just fired 5 shots and went and looked. 6x Unertl, prone, tight sling. No rest.

Last edited:
Know what's funny? There is a fella who comes in to my LGS and has SIX! American 180s. I've been told if I catch him in the right mood he might part with one for $20K-ish. Tempting...
If you got $20K to spare, I’d jump on it. 👍🏼

I’d love to have one, just for the cool factor.

Reactions: nikonNUT

What sheers specifically work the best? He mentioned the ones he had have a notch?
Posted some shears for you that work awesome and dont break the bank. They are also great for birds!

Thanks.

The checkering is so sharp it grips into your hands. In the process of assembly the slide is retracted but shows only faint sign of it. It’s going to be shot quite a bit in next few weeks so if no importance.

You are correct. A Winchester gun is shot for proof test, function test and sighting at factory.
A guy can't hardly make a post on here without some asshat wanting to argue with you.
Beautiful rifle and who gives a rat sass how many times it's been shot.

Reactions: RTH1800