• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 Rimfire Squirrel Rifles

One of aunts landscaping clients sent her this picture…
1FDCD742-4FBB-49B3-98BC-EF3193FB83D1.jpeg

Followed by “The little bastards are eating my hibiscus!” She asked for suggestions. I suggested putting some in shell peanuts somewhere away from the plant (or better yet in the neighbors yard 🤣) and if that doesn’t work I know a guy

One of aunts landscaping clients sent her this picture…
View attachment 7668307
Followed by “The little bastards are eating my hibiscus!” She asked for suggestions. I suggested putting some in shell peanuts somewhere away from the plant (or better yet in the neighbors yard 🤣) and if that doesn’t work I know a guy

Paladin-card-300x225.png

Not really a rimfire rifle but a new acquisition in .22 caliber. Air rifles are great for getting permission to places that normally don't welcome firearms.

With an air rifle I don't have to worry as much about shooting a squirrel off of a tree limb high up as much as I do a rimfire rifle. This rifle as configured, is shooting a 21.4 grain pellet at 800 FPS for about 30 FPE compared to the typical 22 LR with 100 FPE. So the pellet runs out of a lot of speed faster than a 22 LR bullet which greatly minimizes the risk of shooting way up in the trees compared to the rimfire.

@nikonNUT if you were to put an accurate silenced air rifle into the hands of your Aunt's landscaping client you will probably be able to witness the birth of a squirrel killing machine.

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

A recent addition to my rimfire squirrel rifle team.

Only known documented engraved and gold inlayed Winchester Deluxe Mod 62 Magnum. Made 1960. It’s unfired but will be sighted in soon.

The wood is stunning and internal parts are all super polished and slick including trigger. Unfired in original box with invoices and work orders.
8842692D-6E1C-4C4D-A8AC-FEB19A35FAB0.jpeg

Last edited:
A recent addition to my rimfire squirrel rifle team.

Only known documented engraved and gold inlayed Winchester Deluxe Mod 62 Magnum. Made 1960. It’s unfired but will be sighted in soon.

The wood is stunning and internal parts are all super polished and slick including trigger. Unfired in original box with invoices and work orders.View attachment 7675197
61 years old, and "unfired"? Gonna need a BS flag, unless the action has been worked...A LOT...without ever sending lead down the pipe. The blueing looks like it's worn off the side of the barrel, much like the Winchester 1200 I got used as my first 12ga about 35 years ago.

No, zero wear. It’s the glare. 100% original blue. But, if you don’t like it drive on.

When you don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about you should shut up.

What will I get if I am correct? Will you log off the site and never come back? If it’s worn at all I will do so.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
When you don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about you should shut up.
Maybe you can come up with an explanation of the safety being rusted while you're at it? That comes from the oils/sweat on a finger, over decades of use. Nice looking rifle....but your claim of it being "unfired" doesn't line up with reality. Prove me wrong, and I'll apologize.

What will I get if I am correct? Will you log off the site and never come back?
Still waiting on picture to prove me wrong, "Two Star General". I served 24 years active duty USAF; lots of bullshit artists came and went.

The safety is discolored. No idea why. Not rusted. The rifle has zero wear. Now, are you willing to leave the site if I post a picture that show same area with perfect finish or you just running your mouth about what you are ignorant of.

What will I get if I am correct? Will you log off the site and never come back? If it’s worn at all I will do so.
Question is if it’s a squirrel gun how’s come it’s got rabbits on it?

What are you willing to back your claim with? Leave the site? Cash? Put up. Otherwise you are just another drunk on a barstool.

The safety is discolored. No idea why. Not rusted. The rifle has zero wear. Now, are you willing to leave the site if I post a picture that show same area with perfect finish or you just running your mouth about what you are ignorant of.
What are you scared of? Being called out? Post a picture. It's pretty simple.

Tee it up. If I’m as you say a bullshit artist I log off and never come back. It it has perfect blueing you do same.
I’ll check back in morning for your answer.

Tee it up. If I’m as you say a bullshit artist I log off and never come back. It it has perfect blueing you do same.
Or put up some cash.
I’ll check back in morning for your answer

I’ll check back in morning for your answer.
What do you want me to "Tee up"? A picture of the blueing worn off the sides of my Winchester 1200? It's not pretty, but I could post a picture of it, if that would satisfy you.

Not at all scared. I dislike drunks and folks who know nothing but run their mouth like they do. What are you willing to do?
If your right I go away forever. If your correct you do same. How simple is that?

Or put up some cash.
I’ll check back in morning for your answer
Put up cash? You are really reaching. The BS flag isn't likely to get above the flag pole.

Not at all scared. I dislike drunks and folks who know nothing but run their mouth like they do. What are you willing to do?
If your right I go away forever. If your correct you do same. How simple is that?
Well, since you're still here, and refuse (or you're too lazy?) to back up your claim, I'm guessing you wouldn't leave...so why would I take you seriously? It if fun that you like to call me a drunk, and that I don't know anything. Have I called you names? No? That's right, I didn't.

What are you scared of? Being called out? Post a picture. It's pretty simple.
I don’t take orders from people who call me a liar. Or, actually anyone else. I started this thread. Contributed a great deal to it. I have no reason to lie.
Will you back your claim by leaving the site for good? I will do so if wrong.

I didn't call you a "bullshit artist" I said, "lots of bullshit artists came and went." Why are you attempting to make me out as the bad guy? Your "rank" says "Two Star General", are you a Major General? I'm a retired Master Sgt. 24 years active duty, 12 years served in active war zones.

I guess we'll have to wait. Does anyone really want to see a picture of my worn out Winchester 1200? I can post it, but other than it doesn't prove anything. Off to bed, I stayed up long enough.

I did not put anything about rank in there. It just showed up one day. I have no idea why.

I have zero interest in your rank.

You posted bullshit and ordered more photos. I don’t take orders from you.

Get some skin in the game. If your correct I go away. If your wrong you go away. Never log in again.

Time to end the chat and back up your statement.

I did not put anything about rank in there. It just showed up one day. I have no idea why.

I have zero interest in your rank.

You posted bullshit and ordered more photos. I don’t take orders from you.

Get some skin in the game. If your correct I go away. If your wrong you go away. Never log in again.

Time to end the chat and back up your statement.
Back up my statement with what? My rank means nothing to you? That's fine.

WOW! the gun is clean to no end , and if the previous owner being the original owner said it had never been fired he meant he never shot it . Though it was test fired at the Winchester factory , then cleaned prior to boxing. A very valuable piece. My neighbor at one time had a collection as such he had a Model 21 and 42 presentation grades that were never fired. It's apparent 1800 you have financial capabilities to obtain fine things ! That's a blessing its beautiful! , but ill not covet it !😉

Reactions: nikonNUT
Thanks.

The checkering is so sharp it grips into your hands. In the process of assembly the slide is retracted but shows only faint sign of it. It’s going to be shot quite a bit in next few weeks so if no importance.

You are correct. A Winchester gun is shot for proof test, function test and sighting at factory.

Reactions: mrt949
Well the drought is over!!! Went out with @Rimdenter this morning and managed to catch a gray on the ground and busted him when hit a tree and stopped to stare at me. Next one was a big female red that was hanging out in a big oak. Saw her tail what I though was a knot on the tree. Took a peek and saw whiskers! Down she came! Had an absolute blast being in the woods and Rimdenter is a good as gold and a joy hang out with shooting the breeze. We got skunked on hogs (but I did hit a critter that tried to take out my car!) but I plan on remedying that soon!
FF834097-3300-453A-82B6-8125891B7CAD.jpeg

9FBA2196-F825-41C6-87CE-98D13BB7A35C.jpeg

Forgot to add… The Bergara B14R was the weapon of choice.

Last edited:
Here’s my squirrel/varmint getters…

Custom Ruger 10/22 with a 16.5" Valquartsen CF barrel, Valquartsen internals & trigger, Hogue stock, EGW 20 MOA base, Zeiss Conquest 3.5-12x56 30mm FFP in Seekins Precision rings.

Christensen Arms Ranger 22 18" CF barrel, TriggerTech R700 trigger, uses Ruger 10/22 mags, Christensen Arms 20 MOA base, Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 in Seekins Precision rings (pictured with the old Viper HS that was on it, now sent back to Vortex for repair/replace). And my Dead Air Mask HD.

6B58548F-2FF5-4F3F-8078-32FC7918C8CD.jpeg

Kimber TLE/RL II frame, Kimber 5" Target Rimfire conversion, Pike Arms 1/2x28 threaded barrel, and Dead Air Mask HD.

59A9B302-6340-4C57-86B2-E7660EDC24EF.jpeg

The CA Ranger 22 shot some sub-1/2” groups @ 100, and a 1.200” 3-shot group @ 200.

C91124CA-6E34-4ACC-80E0-F4AF21B35A02.jpeg

FC333F80-B5A4-4E4C-83F1-BBA65C71DF2D.jpeg

These look like 2-shot groups, but there’s 3 in there. 👍🏼

3-shot 0.373” @ 100

65165740-D7CB-4A9A-A0E6-6402B546173F.jpeg

13D8C106-7EC2-4CC7-8768-BBB89371760E.jpeg

3-shot .338” @ 100

38BA6FAE-B4E8-473C-932D-C75CE9A72F8E.jpeg

3-shot group 1.200” @ 200

F2200AA9-8250-48B4-866F-88AF0182001B.jpeg

783FB8C5-D2D4-40CF-B993-4E8F36021379.jpeg

4FD70D5A-9B81-46D9-9CFF-EA44A7C8A539.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite squirrel rifle is a Marlin 39 with a Williams rear aperture sight. I like my CZ rifles a lot and a CZ 452 American with a good scope would be hard to beat.
Late last fall I picked up a nice, old (subjective since I turned 60 last Spring) Remington 581, sans mag ($50 for a new aftermarket 5-rd mag!) and with a 'frozen' trigger. I had planned on having it up and running by now, but 'other priorities' intervened. Hopefully it will be ready by the 2nd or 3rd frost of this Fall.

I've acquired a couple more squirrel snipers for the armory over the summer, now we just need some cold weather to unleash some terror on the tree rat community . My son is chomping at the bit to get shooting.

Attachments

• MO22.jpg
    MO22.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 59
I've acquired a couple more squirrel snipers for the armory over the summer, now we just need some cold weather to unleash some terror on the tree rat community . My son is chomping at the bit to get shooting.
First glance I thought the bottom rifle a Weatherby-Anschutz, now I’m second guessing.
What is that fine piece?

First glance I thought the bottom rifle a Weatherby-Anschutz, now I’m second guessing.
What is that fine piece?
You are correct. It's one of the Weatherby Anschutz rifles. I finally came across one at the right time for the right price.

Reactions: obx22