• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22GT load data

Recently ran out of my stash of 88's and thinking of trying a different bullet. What's everyone had better luck with, the Berger 85.5 or 90smk?

Recently ran out of my stash of 88's and thinking of trying a different bullet. What's everyone had better luck with, the Berger 85.5 or 90smk?
The 90smk was super easy in my 22br, jumping 20k at 2900 and 2980 it shoot sub half minute with just a lil powder tweaking.

The 90smk was super easy in my 22br, jumping 20k at 2900 and 2980 it shoot sub half minute with just a lil powder tweaking.
I tried 88 ELDM, and 95 SMK, and found the best ones for my barrel were the 85.5 Berger Hybrids with VV 555.

Reactions: bulldog_b
Very new to 22GT but managed to squeak this group out a couple days ago. Loaded up 5 each in .5gr increments from 33-35gr. H4350 cci450 and 88eld loaded in virgin necked down GAP 6gt brass. After fireforming I will explore that load a little more. Pictured group was shot with 35gr, didn’t chrono any of the ladder loads. But the fireforming load of 34.5gr is averaging 2925fps out of the 20” suppressed barrel. Also plan to try 4831sc
IMG_8027.jpeg

IMG_7968.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s your barrel length and your fps?

I’m struggling to get a barrel.
Really want to shoot this GT this summer.

Without going through all 12 pages, what am I needing in a new barrel?

Here’s the info I have so far.
24” 1:7.5 twist
.169 freebore
I know I’ve seen something about .118 vs .119, but I don’t know if that is the internal barrel diameter or what exactly.

Any more information from someone smarter than me, and maybe a barrel maker where I can get this done?
Thanks in advance guys.

.169 freebore
I know I’ve seen something about .118 vs .119, but I don’t know if that is the internal barrel diameter or what exactly.

Any more information from someone smarter than me, and maybe a barrel maker where I can get this done?
Thanks in advance guys.
Contact Anthony at Crown Ridge Barrel Works

.169 freebore

Thanks in advance guys.
ACE barrels out of Spokane WA gets blanks out pretty quickly. I've saw groups from a few their 22 cal blanks, on a gt other a creed that were very good. They were 219 bore 6 groove barrels. They can do any twist you want within reason.

My shooting partner is on his 2nd barrel in the 22GT. He's running Shooters World Long Rifle, which is similar to 4166. Kinda right in between Varget and H4350.

He is running a 90gr Atip at 3130fps for PRS matches in a 7.5" twist. He runs the 88gr ELD on the same load for local stuff and saves the Atips for big matches.

He got 2500 rounds out of his first barrel.
I know, old post. But do you know how this powder behaved for your buddy with temperature changes?

And what kinda barell life are you guys seeing with the 22GT?

I know, old post. But do you know how this powder behaved for your buddy with temperature changes?

And what kinda barell life are you guys seeing with the 22GT?
SWLR is an excellent powder. Very temp stable.

If I could get my hands on it I would be running it in my 22 Dasher instead of H4350. Similar to RE16.

It's a great powder that nestles right in between Varget and H4350.

Barrel life is great. 2500 to 3000 rounds is very common with a good load under 3100fps.

.169 freebore

Thanks in advance guys.
You want a .219 bore. .218 bore is a tight-bore barrel. This will place additional stress on bullets and make it more likely to blow up bullets by pushing them too fast. The theory behind Tite bore barrels is that you generate higher pressure and get more velocity with less powder. But all I've ever seen is people just pressure up faster and not be able to push faster. I will never buy a tight bore barrel in any caliber.

SWLR is an excellent powder. Very temp stable.

If I could get my hands on it I would be running it in my 22 Dasher instead of H4350. Similar to RE16.

It's a great powder that nestles right in between Varget and H4350.

Barrel life is great. 2500 to 3000 rounds is very common with a good load under 3100fps.
Glad to read this. I bought 8 lbs on a whim but haven’t seen much load data for it with 22GT.