• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22lr group sizes?

Re: 22lr group sizes?

Proud enough to mount and frame the targets with a black cardstock backer, with date, scores, and witness signatures for his future recollection/appreciation. Nobody ever did that for me; and I gotta tell you, he's proud a Punch of those targets on his wall.

This week, we explore model rocketry. Next week it's Paleontology at the Museum of The Earth in Ithaca, already one of his very fave's.

Great idea on the target display. Ill have to remember to do that when my oldest goes out for the first time.

Thanks
Patrick Scott

I print my targets on letter size computer paper, then use Document frames. Black cardstock, frames, etc., are all available at Wallyworld.

BR guys @ the range I went to today were shooting grapes @ 100. Personally I love shooting 22lr @ long distance...but I consider that 200 and up. 100 just seems too easy after doing for a while.

I'm not able to shoot grapes yet on a regular basis....but embryotic chickens don't stand a chance.

I decided to have a 22lr set up for scoped shooting & one set up for iron sights. I chose the Rem 40X for iron's since the Centra's won't fit on the Anschutz. Yesterday at the range I decided to get zero's out to 400 yards. I didn't know the value of the front sight clicks so 400 yard zero took alot longer than I had planned. Could not see any hits on the cardboard backer with a giant Shoot-n-See as the intended target. When back to the 200 yard target to figure out the value of the front sight clicks which turned out to be 1 MOA per click. Went off old data to guesstimate the come-ups. Finally got some high hits on the cardboard. As usaul over adjusted a couple of times but finally got a hit in the Shoot-n-See. With the first hit the wind died down to nothing so I decided to try a 10 shoot group. Quite proud of it as it measured 9 11/16ths inches ctr to ctr @ 400 yards. The light was fading & I could no longer get a good sight picture so decided to call it a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I decided to have a 22lr set up for scoped shooting & one set up for iron sights. I chose the Rem 40X for iron's since the Centra's won't fit on the Anschutz. Yesterday at the range I decided to get zero's out to 400 yards. I didn't know the value of the front sight clicks so 400 yard zero took alot longer than I had planned. Could not see any hits on the cardboard backer with a giant Shoot-n-See as the intended target. When back to the 200 yard target to figure out the value of the front sight clicks which turned out to be 1 MOA per click. Went off old data to guesstimate the come-ups. Finally got some high hits on the cardboard. As usaul over adjusted a couple of times but finally got a hit in the Shoot-n-See. With the first hit the wind died down to nothing so I decided to try a 10 shoot group. <span style="font-weight: bold">Quite proud of it as it measured 9 11/16ths inches ctr to ctr @ 400 yards.</span> The light was fading & I could no longer get a good sight picture so decided to call it a day. </div></div>

I'd say that is some pretty good shooting! Especially for a 10 shot group.......

Keith

during the winter when its 19 to -13 degrees with SK match I've had no prob holding 5shot .3-.6's ctc @ 94yds with my Savage MKII shooting off a harris and sandsock. Now that its warmer out I seem to only be able to get .6-.9's Still wont complain.

My 10/22 that i built will shoot just under an inch @ 100 yds with federal 719. i tried lots of different ammo and it seems to like this best. @ 50 yds i can keep the groups to the size of a dime regularly. -J

My club has an ongoing honor system rimfire match. It is 20 shots at the attached target at 200 yards from the bench. The target from my first match is attached, and needless to say I am well pleased with the results! The circle is 4 inches in diameter.

The rifle is a Savage MKII with stock action, trigger and barrel. I put it in an SSS laminated stock, and and optics are a 20x Super Sniper, Warne rings, and a 20 MOA Ken Farrell base.

Conditions were pretty calm, with the occasional gust of wind here and there. My club's 200 range is kind of funny in how it is setup, and estimating wind is consequently a real pain. That said, I found that POI didn't shift at all when the wind did pick up, probably because any wind along the bullet's flight path was probably blocked by the trees along the edge of the range.

I'm not sure what happened with that low flyer, as I don't remember flinching. The SK + is very consistent as you can see, but I would guess that round was just a touch slower than the others - a few fps here and there makes a BIG difference in drop at 200 yards with 22lr. I'm not sure what happened to the 20th round, but what can you do
attachment.php

this is what my 10/22 does on a windy day at 100 yds. i have done a fair amount of work to it. trigger, recoil rod/spring/charging handle. it cycles 99.9% of what i feed it, and most everything shoots good in it. it especially likes the aguilla golden eagle match rifle.
IMG_0944.jpg