• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2403-yard shot on a can of red bull, sounds like a load of bull.

What a twat. I will also say that is 100% not a .338 hole in the paper and quarter. more like a .22
OW.jpg

Uh oh! Homie has been called out. Lol.
View attachment 8279535

I will add that although the just shy of 4 second flight time I recorded in the video lines up, the behavior of the can on impact does not comport with the expected impact angle from a shot that maxed out 260+ feet above the line of sight. I would expect the ken to be thrown downwards and backwards more.

I'll tell you what Windex-buddy, It's a mild autumn here in SLC, UT. I'll fly you out here, I will get a local company to film it, and I'll pay you $500 per day for 3 days plus travel expenses and all I want you to do is hit an 18" plate at 2400 yards, all expenses paid for by me. I will make a legally-binding, lawyer-vetted contract, we will sign before a notary, and you will post video compiled by the pros -at their sole discretion - from your attempt on YOUR channel and leave it there for perpetuity else you owe me reimbursement for expenses as damages.

If the terms aren't sweet enough, make me a counter. But beware: if it's too steep, everybody will know you're just scared and unwilling to do it.

I don’t have an account but we should get on YouTube and post @secondofangle2 challenge that he ignored and hasn’t been back on since hahaha

Reactions: XP1K and 308pirate
Does that satisfy y'all baby birds? F***. I don't know if impossible is the word but that would have been really tough to get in a one minute video. And I guarantee you it wouldn't have had over 6 million views
100% agree on the 6 million views part if that's what u got

but that's also where I stop agreeing...but thanks for the laugh!

So many of the comments in his vids are so short and vacuous…almost like he’s paying for comments…like this shop sells (and many others):

From now on I'm just going to rip out the trigger return spring from my 75 and Shadow and replace them with rubber bands. I bet they last longer than the OEM spring.

In the middle of a gun fight....
I want to have a few ruber bands, wrapped around my handle.
Make sure to yell and tell the other guy, give me 5, I need to fix my trigger..
HAHA..

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
In the middle of a gun fight....
I want to have a few ruber bands, wrapped around my handle.
Make sure to yell and tell the other guy, give me 5, I need to fix my trigger..
HAHA..
Gotta love the fake chinese vietnamese accent

Reactions: iceng
Im just beginning my journey into this fascinating. Been shooting my entire life, but only recently retired so I can spend time on research, reading at places like this, training if I can find it (I have a buddy who was in Navy EW, now retired, who was a marksman of some kind). He loads his own, shoots 1000 m+ (I’ve witnessed it) and shoots elr, who’s been assisting me. He gave me the US Army sniper’s manual.

For the OP (I think) who states he’s shooting in a location w/ “perfect laminar flow: I’m a geologist/geophysicist who specializes in turbulent Flow in geomorphological regimes. There is no such thing as “purely laminar flow” except under VERY SPECIALIZED conditions - that you ain’t in when shooting at your site. It doesn’t occur in any natural settings.

I bought an off the shelf .224 Valkyrie just to get started shooting (cause after all, that’s what this is!) and I’m off to the
Oh, I'd like to point out also that this is a miracle of a spot. It's the best one by far I've ever found. Completely laminar flow, from the wind. Max ordinate all the way down to the dirt. 0 yards all the way out to 2500 yards. The spot, had a lot to do with it. I cut a lot out obviously, the video had to be less than 1 minute, but I shoot in the faster cycle of the wind. So 9 mph. It was shifting from 3.5 to 4 mph to 9 mph, in 41 second cycles. It would hold that 9 mph for 20 seconds. I saw it picking up, that's me looking to the left past the camera, took me three or four seconds to make sure that it was the upper wind cycle and that I was in the 9 mile per hour wind, that's when I said I had the 10 seconds.
There’s no such thing as “completely laminar flow” in any natural setting. Ask me how I know this if want bona fides.

Im just beginning my journey into this fascinating. Been shooting my entire life, but only recently retired so I can spend time on research, reading at places like this, training if I can find it (I have a buddy who was in Navy EW, now retired, who was a marksman of some kind). He loads his own, shoots 1000 m+ (I’ve witnessed it) and shoots elr, who’s been assisting me. He gave me the US Army sniper’s manual.

For the OP (I think) who states he’s shooting in a location w/ “perfect laminar flow: I’m a geologist/geophysicist who specializes in turbulent Flow in geomorphological regimes. There is no such thing as “purely laminar flow” except under VERY SPECIALIZED conditions - that you ain’t in when shooting at your site. It doesn’t occur in any natural settings.

I bought an off the shelf .224 Valkyrie just to get started shooting (cause after all, that’s what this is!) and I’m off to the

There’s no such thing as “completely laminar flow” in any natural setting. Ask me how I know this if want bona fides.
the guy is a complete fraud, He thinks if he throws around some words that the layman doesn't really understand he will confuse everyone. Then he tried it here and got told

This is, by orders of magnitude, the ghyest most retadedist gun channel on youtube.
Every time someone forwards me one of your videos, I ask them why they did so, and they want to know what I thought about it.
So, I tell them to meet me for lunch as it's too much to type, and then swiftly kick them in the nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and 308pirate
I actually hit a pop can at 1400yds 1 st shot with a 308 Win many yrs ago when shooting thousands of rds of match 308 ammo in those days, at 1000to 1400yds.
Was it a lucky shot ? Absolutely..even with the Scientific Wild Assed Guess, thrown in.
Does anyone give a shit? Absolutely not.
Kinda like this...

• Haha
Reactions: iceng
I actually hit a pop can at 1400yds 1 st shot with a 308 Win many yrs ago when shooting thousands of rds of match 308 ammo in those days, at 1000to 1400yds.
Was it a lucky shot ? Absolutely..even with the Scientific Wild Assed Guess, thrown in.
Does anyone give a shit? Absolutely not.
Kinda like this...
Uh huh... sure you did.

Reactions: msgriff
Uh huh... sure you did.
Ya see what I mean...personal accomplishments matter only to those who achieve them...sometimes exaggerated, sometimes lucky, (does that count ?) sometimes false...and no one really give a shit.
Remember "Get Smart" the TV show..the famous line starts with, "Would you believe?"

Ya see what I mean...personal accomplishments matter only to those who achieve them...sometimes exaggerated, sometimes lucky, (does that count ?) sometimes false...and no one really give a shit.
Remember "Get Smart" the TV show..the famous line starts with, "Would you believe?"

I don't expect any experienced long-range shooter to believe that you hit an object that is only 2.5" wide at 1400 yards on your 1st shot with a .308. I've shot some incredibly accurate .308s with some really great handloads that were hammers, but there is this thing called physics that starts to apply to that 30-caliber projectile only getting launched at about 2700 fps or so after about 750-800 yards.

I've sent too many thousands of quality .308 rounds downrange from extremely high-end rifles to believe anything of the sort. A first-round hit just on the target at 1400 would be a remarkable feat in itself.

I mean technically it’s more precise, eh! But MIL is more natural and easier for most of us to process, with a quickness.
100moa or 29mils? 🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s just a number you have to dial. Nothing to really process. As for quickness, if a guy can’t get all the shots off in an elr match in the allotted time, the type of dial on the scope is the least of their worries 😂

I don't expect any experienced long-range shooter to believe that you hit an object that is only 2.5" wide at 1400 yards on your 1st shot with a .308. I've shot some incredibly accurate .308s with some really great handloads that were hammers, but there is this thing called physics that starts to apply to that 30-caliber projectile only getting launched at about 2700 fps or so after about 750-800 yards.

I've sent too many thousands of quality .308 rounds downrange from extremely high-end rifles to believe anything of the sort. A first-round hit just on the target at 1400 would be a remarkable feat in itself.
Well unlike you I actually shot thousands of match 308 at 1400 yds...it was a lucky shot...but it did happen. IT WAS on 2003 I believe. Put a pop can between the hand in the picture and you're pretty close to a hit. These are some old 1400 yd photos. See the bullet stuck in the rock at a steep angle, it's almost out of energy and below the speed of sound. But still accurate...they were 155 Lapua at 2980 fps with Varget, Lapua brass Fed Match, all 17,000 rds. Schilen select match barrels, my reamer.
Since you haven't done it, ...even if its a lucky shot,.. and it was, ..you, can never accept that because of your bloated egoes ...typical for this site. I don't care what you believe. But you ego driven never done it, clowns are fun to toy with.
Just like some guy shooting 69 rds to hit a large target at ELR is a great accomplishment...not really, keep shooting sooner or later you'll hit it.
Remember the 1879 the government took the 45-70 to 3500 yds and declared combat engagement could begin at 1900 yds for the average trooper...with iron ladder sights.
LR didn't start yesterday.
So go set up a pop can at what ever range you like, shoot at it, see of you can hit it...45-70 or PRC. You might get lucky...then you can brag all about it...start a new "hit the pop can" thread.
Might even be fun...

Attachments

• 20231224_110243.jpg
    20231224_110243.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20231224_110227.jpg
    20231224_110227.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Ernest 5.56