• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing .260 rem tac match from PT&G

Here is what I received from PT&G. Is this what you are looking for? Let me know if you can download the print. If not, I will try another way.

Attachments

• 260 Rem Match No turn nk .297nk .060fb 55400 Randall Harris.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 107
A buddy just ordered their standard tac match and they told him the freebore was .088. Although the print above is just Rem Match, not the Tac Match. Any issues in running mag length 140's with .088 fb?

Last edited:
I just bought "tac match" but when specifying i said i wanted reamer based on GAP print so i guess before ordering "standard" its better to ask directly about dimensions or get print before confirming order.

Attachments

• GA Precision 260 Rem Match 32107.pdf
    76.2 KB · Views: 70
A buddy just ordered their standard tac match and they told him the freebore was .088. Although the print about is just Rem Match, not the Tac Match. Any issues in running mag length 140's with .088 fb?

I have this reamer and have used it on several rifles. It has plent of room to touch the lands from an AI mag and works fine from a BDL style when using the Wyatts extended box. Only thing I would say is different is my tac match reamer has a 297 neck for Lapua brass and standard match has a 296 neck for Remington brass

Both of the above prints have .297 neck. Are you saying the standard tac match has .296?

I have a ptg reamer with .070 freebore and have no problems touching lands with Berger 140 vld and standard mags

Both of the above prints have .297 neck. Are you saying the standard tac match has .296?

I have seen both called tac match. One was just ground to use with Lapua brass and one remington. The .088 freebore has worked really well.

I had one ground with a .298 neck, which is for Lapua brass and allows for .003 clearance. I also specd a .047 frebore which allows a 123gr SMK loaded to 2.800 oal to have a .012 jump. I have never been able to get the velocitys I expected with 3 different bbls by 2 diferent mfg's. I have contemplated throating .010 at a whaack to see what it would do. But all 3 bbls will Hammer!