• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 29 palms / joshua tree / palm springs

what days would you want to shoot camp

• march 23-24 w/ sun being the primary day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoot Saturday, who cares beyond that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You got it. I'll bring out a baker's dozen ?

Out of my Proof M24 24" it does 2945, SD of 9-15, and ES of 20-25. 7 mils at 1000 with a .289 G7 BC.

I've never been able to get my hands on factory prime, I would love to
Try a few rounds!

Pretty much standard weather for the area this time of year. We're gonna have to batten down the hatches starting Saturday around 5-6pm. Who says holding over 2 mils of wind at 500 is a bad thing?!?!?

Reactions: kriller134
Shit, I’m out this trip. 10 month old just started antibiotics, can’t be away for 2 days. But if you guys want to head to Pala for the Sunday match I’ll be there

That stuff shoot slow? Some reviews I saw Said something about that. But as long as it's consistent, drop is always easy to compensate for.
It’s not the fastest, but decent for a factory load. My kestrel says it’s at 2786 after I did a mv calibration. That’s shooting out of a 26” barrel.

I have some factory 147 ELDm for you to try as well as the Prime.

I'll try anything you wanna share.

Found a roll of orange trail tape we can tie to posts to aid in wind calls.

Looks like i may be able to get there around 2 or 3 on Friday. Currently headed to the store to pick up a few t posts and some hardware for 1 of the Target stands.

Busy week and it's just started for me

Reactions: clcustom1911
I'll try anything you wanna share.

Found a roll of orange trail tape we can tie to posts to aid in wind calls.

Looks like i may be able to get there around 2 or 3 on Friday. Currently headed to the store to pick up a few t posts and some hardware for 1 of the Target stands.

Busy week and it's just started for me

SWEEEEEEET.

I just switched out my red dot to my preferred variable AR optic on my lightweight build 5.56 pew pew. Best $400 I ever spent. Leopold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x with "Special Purpose Reticle and green Fire dot. 11oz!!
IMG_20190319_1552314.jpg

Reactions: dspjaggar
Last edited:
Good lord!!! I feel like such an amateur. I "used to" shoot better than my Marines.

I better step my shit up.

Lol the rifles are doing all the work. Very happy with their performance today. Dope was spot on using strelok pro as well, especially with the new density altitude I input

Holy crap. Yup. I'm an amateur. I just use my kestrel.

lol I'm the amateur, I don't even owned a kestrel. The kestrel will be way more accurate than my calculation, as mine is a ballpark formula for people without kestrels. Whatever the DA is on Saturday on your kestrel will be way more useful than my calculation

lol I'm the amateur, I don't even owned a kestrel. The kestrel will be way more accurate than my calculation, as mine is a ballpark formula for people without kestrels. Whatever the DA is on Saturday on your kestrel will be way more useful than my calculation

GONNA BE GOOD TIMES!!

Anyone have the grid of the shooting site? I can't remember how far back the location was posted?

Strong invite dude lol. I need to confirm zero as well.

Those groups are nuts.

lol it crossed my mind to message you but since it was a Wednesday I figured you'd be at work, I left base early. It was a quick 30 mins post-cleaning zero confirmation. We definitely need to shoot at that spot one of these days.

One day left, Gents.

Remember: we're doing some trauma/medical training too. If you have medical gear, feel free to bring it and I'll be more than happy to go over whatever you want (hints/tips/tricks/etc.)

And..... Just in case we wanna make is spicy!!

Anyone have the "instructions" for doing these here "Dot Drills". I was having a helluva time finding them here.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Already had them.

IMG_20190321_1238363.jpg

That should be fun, I have some homemade targets that simulate the dot drill but have a hollow center for floating dot reticles.

Also, if anyone is interested in shooting the AI, bring along a few rounds of .308, I only ordered a small amount and now I'm kicking myself for not ordering more!

All these things i want to do haha.

lol it crossed my mind to message you but since it was a Wednesday I figured you'd be at work, I left base early. It was a quick 30 mins post-cleaning zero confirmation. We definitely need to shoot at that spot one of these days.

I was actually off hella early bc I'm on grass week for rifle range this week. Lol we will get out though

And..... Just in case we wanna make is spicy!!

Anyone have the "instructions" for doing these here "Dot Drills". I was having a helluva time finding them here.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Already had them.

View attachment 7046916

Been wanting to try this but don't want to put that much ammo towards it. I'm always torn.

That should be fun, I have some homemade targets that simulate the dot drill but have a hollow center for floating dot reticles.

Also, if anyone is interested in shooting the AI, bring along a few rounds of .308, I only ordered a small amount and now I'm kicking myself for not ordering more!

I got a little 308 168gr smk I think

All these things i want to do haha.

I was actually off hella early bc I'm on grass week for rifle range this week. Lol we will get out though

Been wanting to try this but don't want to put that much ammo towards it. I'm always torn.

I got a little 308 168gr smk I think

Ah okay got it. Luckily I already Qual'd this year at division matches.

168 Outta work, just a bit less stable at distance.

I just picked up a box of Fed GMM 175. I haven't bought 308 ammo in years!! LoL.

And did up my reloads in these:

IMG_20190321_1322281.jpg

They fit my ammo perfectly
IMG_20190321_1312097.jpg

Any one have any 2 way radios. May be useful to have. Or maybe not idk just a thought

I just so happen to have two hand crafted masterpieces assembled by the most highly skilled Chinese labor. Honestly, they're legit. I programmed the standard Motorola Talkabout frequencies in there and they are crystal clear to a couple miles on open terrain.

Last edited:
cell service is spotty but if anyone wants my number shoot me a pm and a text. im headed out there sometime between 10-2.

im going to be pounding t posts, setting targets, maybe yote hunt in the evening and definitely drink some beer/ whisky tomorrow. there is a secondary turn off that goes right to the target / camping area you should be able to see my van but ill put a barricade with a target on it at the second turn off.

damn I wish I could come tomorrow. camping sounds fun. Hopefully next time.