• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

3 Mils Right NEW Monthly Three Gun Match 10/2/11

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
I would like to introduce a new "mostly" monthly 3 gun match in the North Texas area. We have been preparing the range the last several months as well as holding various long range precision type matches. Now we are finally having our first 3 Gun match at 3MR. The intent is to make this a monthly occurrence on the 1st Sunday of each month. Please see the information below and at our website www.3milsright.com for more details.

Please don't hesitate to PM me for more information.

Date: October 2, 2011

Time: Sign-up and squad assignments begin around 8:00 am. The mandatory safety briefing begins at 9:00 a.m. Firing begins at 9:30 to 10:00 a.m.

Entry Fee: $40.00 per person

Ammunition: It is recommended to bring 200 rifle rounds, 200 pistol rounds, 75 birdshot and 15 slugs. No tracers, steel core or armor piercing ammunition allowed.

Targets: IPSC/IDPA paper, Reactive Steel, Static Steel, Poppers and Auto Reset Targets are in use, with rifle targets possibly out to 500 yards.

Course of Fire: 5-6 stages over natural terrain. The stage designs will be styled after those at other natural terrain major 3 gun matches such as Rocky Mountain 3 Gun and Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun. Stages will vary from short range jungle runs to long range rifle engagements. Rifle slings may be desired or required for some courses of fire.

Range Information: The 3MR range is over 200 acres of rolling and broken ranch land. The facility has numerous oak, pecan and mesquite trees along with briar vines and cactus. It is recommended that you dress accordingly for these conditions. Access to your vehicle may be limited due to stage locations, weather and/or ranch road conditions. Please be prepared to transport your shooting gear for the entire match. A vehicle that is capable of traveling ranch roads such as pickups and SUV's is recommended. Passenger cars can access the range but will difficulty traveling to some of the stages. Transport on the range will be provided for those who need it.

Rules and Scoring: Scoring is IMGA based. Please see our Match Rules Section on the website for details.

Please bring appropriate gear for seasonal conditions. You will need to bring water, Gatorade, snacks, lunch, etc. If you do not bring water, 3 Mils Right, LLC will have botteled water for sale. There will not be a break for lunch. In order to get through all stages competitors will be asked to eat in down time between shooters. There are dry camp sites available at the range. The cost is $5.00 per day.

Re: 3 Mils Right NEW Monthly Three Gun Match 10/2/11

looking forward to these matches and finally checking out your range...

will your friend help run the matches?
smile.gif

ChuckRoss.jpg

Bach you dog, you must have been to see Chris and the boys in Scottsdale. I don't even have my copy yet. And yes she will be there for a small fee.

Hell yes! Tagged for my next kitchen pass

Your match was the same day as the NTRP match so im sure a good number of shooters were already booked for that. Keep it going.

Chuck,

Does this mean you're no longer going to hold long range matches?

Jason, we will be holding the monthly long range matches every third Saturday of the month with the exception of October and monthly three gun matches every first Sunday of each month.

Bach, the next three gun match is November 6th and long range match November 19th. Hope to see you at the next one.

Stacy

I'm sure your right, a lot of the guys that are regulars at our matches shot at Jay's this last weekend. Try to make it out sometime, you'll like the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went really well. Three gun does not seem to make much of a dent here but you can read some of the comments from folks here

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4759-3-gun-match-3mr-range-sunday-october-2nd/ </div></div>

Chuck,
I watched some of the videos they posted and it looked like an awesome match!
I highly recommend people checking out those videos...makes me want to go shoot a 3gun match now!
On a side note, that forum sure has a bunch of tightwads on it. I can't believe the bitching about a $40 entry fee. Where else can you get a whole days worth of entertainment, fun, shooting, competition, etc. for just $40? It's a freaking bargain in my opinion....especially since I know how much time,stress, and work goes into putting on a match.

Lucks, I've never heard someone bitching about round count before. At least not that it was too high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason, we will be holding the monthly long range matches every third Saturday of the month with the exception of October and monthly three gun matches every first Sunday of each month.

Bach, the next three gun match is November 6th and long range match November 19th. Hope to see you at the next one. </div></div>

Ok, good deal. I'm going to try to make the Nov 19 match. Having your place within an hour and a half is going to cost me a bunch of handloading!

Is that a silencer in your pants, or are you happy to see me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT ROSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went really well. Three gun does not seem to make much of a dent here but you can read some of the comments from folks here

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4759-3-gun-match-3mr-range-sunday-october-2nd/ </div></div>

Well I'll speak for myself, if there were more 3G matches around the Dallas area, I'd be going. Sundays are tough since I work Sunday night.

I got to look @ the videos on boomershooter - awesome stage setups! I'm digging how y'all are running w/ the blind gulley stuff...I love that stuff!

I would venture to guess that this is the best local monthly 3 gun match in the country!!! The natural terrain at a club level match is unheard of and this facility has great terrain to hide targets and make you run and gun through. Plus the folks that run it that I know personally, Maurice and Sharron Griffin are great folks!