• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report 30-378 weatherby mag

bamarebel45

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Kinston, Alabama
I looked around on here but couldnt find any information on this round. It has peaked my intrest quite a bit. I would like to build another long range presicion rifle but I kind of want to build something different. You always see .300 WM, .300 RUM, .338LM and such. I would like to build a rifle using something you dont see everyday. So far the 30-378 has really impressed me. Anyone here have any personal experience with this round?

Re: 30-378 weatherby mag

I think the down side would be the brass. If you want something different with good brass, why not do a 30-338 Lapua or a 300 Norma Mag Imp.

Re: 30-378 weatherby mag

Yes...I own a weatherby custom shop 30-378 which was sent to Krieger to have a different contour barrel put on it. I can send you pics if you would like.

It is an awesome caliber and by far the most superior 30 cal round without going complete wildcat like a Lazzeroni round. THe 30-378 is straight up flat as hell and hits like a truck!

Down side is the cost to run one and barrel life,but if that doesn't bother you then it is an awesome round.

You'll see some come for sale here from time to time so guys have them out there weatherby just isn't a popular custom build platform so they don't get alot of attention here.