• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC update

@2aBaCa I've found that with powders like Retumbo and N565..I can run up loads and I'll get to a point where I see pressure marks on the brass....However, when I did load testing with RL-26...I was running up the ladder and all of a sudden I physically felt what I thought was twice the recoil...and that was where the pressure marks started on my brass. Seems RL-26 has a definite spot where it lets you know enough is enough.

@2aBaCa I've found that with powders like Retumbo and N565..I can run up loads and I'll get to a point where I see pressure marks on the brass....However, when I did load testing with RL-26...I was running up the ladder and all of a sudden I physically felt what I thought was twice the recoil...and that was where the pressure marks started on my brass. Seems RL-26 has a definite spot where it lets you know enough is enough.
It definitely hits a wall unlike anything I've felt with other powders, startling actually. Especially at only .2 increments. The steep velocity rise angle may have something to do with it.
I'll be curious to see if I can take the 225s past 2900 using H1000 without issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: b2lee
I have seen the same thing with RL26. 74gn over a 230 A-Tip seems to perform really well.

Also fun fact the Hornady A-Tip seating stem drops into the Whidden die perfectly.

94881838_10216897970990175_424160748130795520_n.jpg

Reactions: camotoe and b2lee
Did someone say rolling hills?

Put some more rounds down range. 74.2grs of Rl26 is sending 230 A-tips at 2860fps out of my 26inch tube. SDs of 5 groups of half inch or better.
Probably gonna shoot some this way to get the barrel sped up, less under 100 rounds.

View attachment 7305146
Mang, lived out in Oregon for about 5 years, before my Wife and I started having kids and moved back to the Midwest to raise them. Miss all that space and public land.

Reactions: Mk32784
My local dealer had some RL26 show up. So naturally I bought it all.... it’s out there.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Can someone please share the volume in H2O of a fireformed piece of ADG brass? I can't find that anywhere and haven't chambered my barrel yet. My new ADG brass is 94.0 gn. H2O out of the box.

I will get you a measurement...as soon as I can actually fire some 300PRC :( probably only shoot some 308 and 223 over the next week...since I can't exactly travel very far atm to hit the big boy ranges.

Ah, just send one straight up. Prolly be fine...

Also, anyone try the cutting edge lazers (200 gr. MAX) on the PRC yet? I'm trying to get these measurements and some info through quickload before I have my barrel chambered and throat cut. It seems the ogive is really far forward on the Lazers If I chamber for them and if they don't shoot well, I won't even get close to the lands with the 245 bergers before I run out of mag room.

One more question. I'm kinda new to quickload. How high over "100% fill" can I safely go assuming pressure is below max? Many of the solutions are up to 105-108% case volume or load ratio. Trying to make sure I'm not designing for a cartridge that can't be made.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Could prolly read threw all this but another question you guys using a standard reamer for the 300 prc? Or something different?

Tried to find max.... never did. No ejector, no hard bolt lift. Did get a recoil increase at 80.3 grains rl26.

I’m going to post these numbers, but anyone loading for their rifle please don’t be a dumbass and work up.
B6B125C2-427C-41AD-92C4-0BB61E4DF665.jpeg

Short barrel magnums are pointless, might as well have a 308 right?:rolleyes:

Usually...when RL-26 gives me that sudden extra snap...that's when I call it good...and lower it a half grain.

Reactions: DangerRanger
Nice flat spot there.
Agreed, happy to see that
Usually...when RL-26 gives me that sudden extra snap...that's when I call it good...and lower it a half grain.

yeah I’ve seen people mentioning that, I will tread lightly up there, I want to know if it’s actually a recoil increase or poor shooting form causing it to slap me. 80.5 did not seem as harsh as 80.3

Last edited:
Tried to find max.... never did. No ejector, no hard bolt lift. Did get a recoil increase at 80.3 grains rl26.

I’m going to post these numbers, but anyone loading for their rifle please don’t be a dumbass and work up.

Short barrel magnums are pointless, might as well have a 308 right?:rolleyes:

Wow great numbers!

Ordered a 300 PRC barrel from ES-Tactical last night at 22.5" hopefully my RL26 backorder comes soon.

Reactions: DangerRanger
Finally have all my parts for a build. Like the last 3, seems waiting on the Manners stock is the longest.
Defiance Deviant, Bartlein 9 twist, Manners T2AGAP.

Now I’ll need the dies. My apologies if its been covered (I did search) but anyone know the bushing size for ADG brass? Planning on Whidden dies.

Thanks.

edit: found this,
Any updates on the size of bushing being used on ADG brass?
I'm using a 0.335

Apr 9, 2020
I too am using 335....have used 336 and will work...I just wanted a little more squeeze...

using a .336 now...and still using a Sinclair Neck Mandrel to get my optimal neck tension.

Reactions: Nvcnvc
Some Load Data on 300 PRC.
Rifle Setup:
Chassis: KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis with Enclosed Forend and Folding Buttstock.
Bipod: Elite Iron Revolution Panning model.
Scope and Mount: NightForce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 Mil-XT. Mount: 20MOA SPUHR
Action and rail: American Rifle Company Mausingfield Gen 2 with 45MOA scope Rail.
Barrel: Proof Research 26 inch Twist rate 9
Brake: GEN 3 Fat Bastard Self Timing Muzzle brake
Trigger: Triggertech Diamond Pro Curved

Ammo this is load for my Rifle be careful.
Brass: ADG
Powder: H1000
Charge:78gr
Bullet: 230Berger Hybrid
FPS: 2855
Took rifle today to 1744 yards group 4 hits out of 5 and group measured 9 inches.
Group at 100 yards
in pictures.
IMG-2867.jpg

IMG-2868.jpg
IMG-2869.jpg

IMG-2870.jpg

IMG-2830.jpg

IMG-2833.jpg

Sorry for another build question. I just don’t want to make an expensive mistake with the wrong chassis.
I’m looking at finally pulling the trigger on the 300 PRC.
I want to put a Bighorn Origin or Defiance tenacity with a Bartlein M24 1/9” into an AICS MKII Chasis. would I need to get the 338 action and then run 300WM CIP mags to get it to work?

I’ve tried researching to get a sure answer, if I missed it in this thread or another I apologize.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry for another build question. I just don’t want to make an expensive mistake with the wrong chassis.
I want to put a Bighorn Origin or Defiance tenacity with a Bartlein M24 1/9” into an AICS MKII Chasis. would I need to get the 338 action and then run 300WM CIP mags to get it to work?

I’ve tried researching to get a sure answer, if I missed it in this thread or another I apologize.
Thanks!

No, you need a standard long action with a magnum bolt face. You can run CIP length mags to accommodate longer COAL.

Thanks!

Long action mag bolt face is what you seek with the CIP length mags as stated.

I have an Origin on order for a PRC.

Jumping into the 300PRC pool. Putting together a LR medium weight hunting rig. Thanks for all the great info in this thread. Build should be completed September-ish. Specs:

Manners EH1
Deviant tactical, nitrided
TT diamond
Bartlein rem sendero 9 twist, 25"
APA CIP bottom metal and gen2 little bastard brake
Ingenuity Gunworks rail

Picked up 200pcs of ADG brass too. It looks to be high quality stuff - just like their 6.5 SAUM brass. Will update everyone when I get some range time with it!

this.

i have an origin sitting

bartlein just arrived. 33" 1.25 straight 8 twist. it's a beast

Wow..that is a beast. You saying 33 inches FINISHED length? Man...that is huge. 8 Twist?....planning on shooting 250gr A-Tips and some Berger 245 EOLs? Going to try some of them Bergers soon.

Is it possible to run 300PRC CIP length mags and cycle in specifically a MK2 AICS chassis though? Looking at the mags, I feel I could use 300WM CIP mags in the LA388 MK2. Otherwise, I may do the MDT ACC.
Thanks!

What is a 300PRC CIP Mag? I use 300WM CIP AND 338LM CIP mags for my 300PRC. Someone making 300PRC CIP mags now that I don't know about?

Wow..that is a beast. You saying 33 inches FINISHED length? Man...that is huge. 8 Twist?....planning on shooting 250gr A-Tips and some Berger 245 EOLs? Going to try some of them Bergers soon.
it'll be 32 finished. 30 Sherman Magnum not a straight PRC either. we'll see what i shoot. I have 215 hybrids for fireforming and some 220 LRHT. I'll probably try some Atips and PVA solids though at some point

@b6graham I'd be interested in what you get for dope at 1mile....currently running 15.4 Mils to 1760 with my load with RL-26 and 230-ATips

Reactions: LakuNoc
Mind sharing your load?

Last time I did...I got yelled at....because it seems I like to run more than 76.5gr and less than 77.5 grains of RL-26 in ADG brass and everyone says that is stupid crazy.....cause I think 3000fps is a STARTING point....heh...just kidding..maybe.

****Warning : Always start loads way down in pressure where you hit 50 feet in front of the target and work up slowly burning all your powder, bullets and barrel wear....to finally get to a spot you agree...is too fucking much pressure....and then back down.****

@b6graham I'd be interested in what you get for dope at 1mile....currently running 15.4 Mils to 1760 with my load with RL-26 and 230-ATips
rough projected data below based on existing sherman data with a 28" barrel

212 seneca (3200fps) at 2500 DA
12.2 to 1800
1000 foot pounds at 2130
1300fps at 2415

220 LRHT (3200) 15.0 at 1800
230 atip (3050)14.3 at 1800
250 atip (2950)15.4 at 1800

Reactions: LakuNoc and b2lee
What is a 300PRC CIP Mag? I use 300WM CIP AND 338LM CIP mags for my 300PRC. Someone making 300PRC CIP mags now that I don't know about?
No, that was a typo on my end. Sorry

You saying 33 inches FINISHED length? Man...that is huge.

TWSS

Last time I did...I got yelled at....because it seems I like to run more than 76.5gr and less than 77.5 grains of RL-26 in ADG brass and everyone says that is stupid crazy.....cause I think 3000fps is a STARTING point....heh...just kidding..maybe.

****Warning : Always start loads way down in pressure where you hit 50 feet in front of the target and work up slowly burning all your powder, bullets and barrel wear....to finally get to a spot you agree...is too fucking much pressure....and then back down.****

With factory ammo I get over 3000 fps, so I don't necessarily see it as a starting point but I certainly do consider it as a target in working up a load on my rifle. I'm thinking VV N565 will be my go-to powder based on a ladder test comparison where I got a slightly heavy bolt lift with 76.6 gr of RL-26 and 3031 fps. I plan to shoot an OCW on both to get to a final decision. My expectation was that I could get up around 3100 fps, but physics and ballistics don't give a shit about my expectations.

Last edited:
hey guys how temperature sensitive is RL26?
for example 32F and 80F?
Thanks you for info if anyone have some data i would appreciate.

hey guys how temperature sensitive is RL26?
for example 32F and 80F?
Thanks you for info if anyone have some data i would appreciate.
I ran a test last Saturday with my 7 saum with 190 Berger’s.
60f=2848 average
98f=2858 average
I set the rounds in the sun on a dark mat and measured with a temp gun.
I was pretty surprised.

That load is pretty mild.
When I was pushing 180’s hard I saw more of a temp change.

I see Powder Valley has 1lb N565 back in stock as well...but no 8lb jugs.....so..things are starting to look up. I didn't think the Italian powder would be back in stock for a long time given their perceived issues with the virus.

Reactions: TripleBull
I see Powder Valley has 1lb N565 back in stock as well...but no 8lb jugs.....so..things are starting to look up. I didn't think the Italian powder would be back in stock for a long time given their perceived issues with the virus.
You need to burn that Italian powder to sterilize it before it infects someone.

Stretched the 300 PRC out to 1 mile today with the 215 Berger. Holds were 52.5 moa elevation, and 6.75 moa windage. There was an 11mph cross wind. Got some awesome video footage through the spotter from 750yds on up. Vapor trails were really standing out.

She is officially dialed in for Oct deer and elk hunts!

Stretched the 300 PRC out to 1 mile today with the 215 Berger. Holds were 52.5 moa elevation, and 6.75 moa windage. There was an 11mph cross wind. Got some awesome video footage through the spotter from 750yds on up. Vapor trails were really standing out.

She is officially dialed in for Oct deer and elk hunts!
30085815-8E2F-454A-B714-7AA924DD0EB7.jpeg