• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC update

To be honest....I'm really looking into purchasing at least 100 pieces from them. For $100 I can have them do a custom fitting to my rifle using fired brass or a casting....which I won't do. For a one time $50 setup fee I can have customized head stamps....why use a color code of sharpies when you can literally have your name or PRS number stamped to the head.

This is CNC'd brass from rod....not drawn from an ingot. It is a specific alloy for long term reloading...not some blend made to look pretty out of the box and ease of manufacture....which is why you guys hate the Hornady brass.

It is a labor/time intensive process...hence the price. I used to be cheap...but the more I spend on low end junk I end up replacing...the more I'm thinking of simply buying the good stuff to start with.

Reactions: Earnhardt
To be honest....I'm really looking into purchasing at least 100 pieces from them. For $100 I can have them do a custom fitting to my rifle using fired brass or a casting....which I won't do. For a one time $50 setup fee I can have customized head stamps....why use a color code of sharpies when you can literally have your name or PRS number stamped to the head.

This is CNC'd brass from rod....not drawn from an ingot. It is a specific alloy for long term reloading...not some blend made to look pretty out of the box and ease of manufacture....which is why you guys hate the Hornady brass.

It is a labor/time intensive process...hence the price. I used to be cheap...but the more I spend on low end junk I end up replacing...the more I'm thinking of simply buying the good stuff to start with.
You think one 100pc of brass could last the barrel?

You think one 100pc of brass could last the barrel?

I know I keep bringing this up...but Tom Sarver set the 1000yd world record group size with a similar sized piece of brass....338LM necked down to 308...and the brass was on its 58th firing. So....in his case... 58x100 would be 5800 rounds down that barrel...so...yes...it would outlast the barrel.

However, since you never know what kind of comp you will get yourself into...I'll end up getting 200 pieces.

Reactions: JakeM
I didn’t realize this was machined brass.
That changes my thoughts on it.
I wish they’d sell me 10 pieces as I’d love to try it in my 7 saum.

I know I keep bringing this up...but Tom Sarver set the 1000yd world record group size with a similar sized piece of brass....338LM necked down to 308...and the brass was on its 58th firing. So....in his case... 58x100 would be 5800 rounds down that barrel...so...yes...it would outlast the barrel.

However, since you never know what kind of comp you will get yourself into...I'll end up getting 200 pieces.
Cool, if the prc has the same life as the .300wm it will get about 1000 1200 rounds down the tube, so only 50pc would be needed, and that would out last the barrel.

They have a 50pc minimum and....if for hunting...cool...but I don't know many comps where you can do much less than 100 rounds. If for snitz and giggles...and you are shooting steel at your own place...well then...I'd be jealous.

Reactions: JakeM
They have a 50pc minimum and....if for hunting...cool...but I don't know many comps where you can do much less than 100 rounds. If for snitz and giggles...and you are shooting steel at your own place...well then...I'd be jealous.
Yeah, I shoot my own steel and if I do get into comp it will most likely be 600yr Ft/r with a .308win

I didn’t realize this was machined brass.
That changes my thoughts on it.
I wish they’d sell me 10 pieces as I’d love to try it in my 7 saum.
Can you explain what do you mean “machined brass”?
whats so different about it.
I would consider buying but not sure about quality?

Can you explain what do you mean “machined brass”?
whats so different about it.
I would consider buying but not sure about quality?
That brass is machined on a lathe from bar not drawn like regular brass.
Should be stronger and more consistent.

Thank you for explanation.
I will try 50 and will let you guys know how it goes.

there’s been talk from good sources that machined brass will actually allow higher pressures to be run so at normal pressure it should last really well.

I’m curious on how long it takes you to get it and looking forward to a report.

Reactions: doctordoctor
there’s been talk from good sources that machined brass will actually allow higher pressures to be run so at normal pressure it should last really well.

I’m curious on how long it takes you to get it and looking forward to a report.
I ordered brass will have to wait 30 to 60 days. Will make video and do measurements and testing. Owner said they tried brass and they stoped at 25 firings primper pockets were still tight. Soon as i get it i will do full review.

I bought 200 more 230gr A-Tips today....now if I could get my hands on more powder.

I opened my safe yesterday and my rifle started cussing me. "Do I look like a queen to you? I ain't about to sit here in this safe all winter....you best get me out and get some mud on me....a little carbon on my brake.....I needs to fill your squeeze!!! GET ME OUTTA HERE!"

I guess I'll go Wednesday on my next day off...as long as it is somewhat nice outside.

Hi,

I would dare anyone to find a piece of brass that can hold the tolerances that the RCC brass holds :)

I only know one other company and they currently do not sell standalone brass..only loaded ammunition.

It is impossible for cup and draw to hold the tolerances of .0005 that RCC operates at.

Sincerely,
Theis

Theis...I agree...but it isn't just the 1/2 thou tolerance...it is also the alloy used and the process of machining the brass to size and not drawing/annealing/drawing/annealing....for many cycles. The heads and primer pockets should be a lot better than drawn brass...and stand up to higher pressures on our quest to push these big bullets at insane speeds.

Also, just ordered 8lbs of N565 to try out. I'll be making an RCC purchase soon as well...hell...why wait?...I'll do that now...

Has anyone finished a load work up on the 230 A-tips yet ? If so where did you end up jumping them ?

I haven't snagged up any Atip 230s yet but I'm curious also.

Was Just about to order a 1.350 HV 31" 9twist blank for DT to spin up and then I'll get to work on the 230 A-tips.

Just to let you guys know... Field and Stream...ignore the politics for a second...but they had about 20+ boxes of the 230gr A-tips in stock for about $10/box cheaper than people like MidwayUSA. To me that is way too many boxes of what I think is a niche bullet. There may be me and one other person in the Cincinnati area that will shoot these this year.

So...with that said...in the future...keep an eye out to see if they start reducing the price to get rid of them. You may find some bargins due to their over stock. I don't see most hunters/rec shooters paying the price of what these are. 70 yards and in...is the average shot on game in N.KY....I don't see any opportunities of shooting 1000 yard elk....so these may sit on the shelf a while.

230gr A-tip....I'm running them exclusively now. I will probably sell a few boxes of the 225ELD-M's because I don't intend to use them.

I'm currently running them with 80gr of Retumbo and getting great speeds and accuracy. HOWEVER...I'm loading them to magazine length...and not to what many of you would call a good jump to the lands length. Due to geometry difference between the 225 ELD-M and the 230gr A-Tip...there is a different jump to lands distance you can achieve....when loading to somewhere less than 3.75 COAL.

I won't argue with the accuracy though. I've read many times of some Bergers and others VLDs liking a 150 thou jump...that to me sounds wrong...real wrong...but you can't argue with what the bullet/chamber/barrel combo likes.

With the tight tight specs on the 300PRC at .3088"...I don't know if you will find much difference on most rifles with different seating depths.

Reactions: Cauld and Ledzep
230gr A-tip....I'm running them exclusively now. I will probably sell a few boxes of the 225ELD-M's because I don't intend to use them.

I'm currently running them with 80gr of Retumbo and getting great speeds and accuracy. HOWEVER...I'm loading them to magazine length...and not to what many of you would call a good jump to the lands length. Due to geometry difference between the 225 ELD-M and the 230gr A-Tip...there is a different jump to lands distance you can achieve....when loading to somewhere less than 3.75 COAL.

I won't argue with the accuracy though. I've read many times of some Bergers and others VLDs liking a 150 thou jump...that to me sounds wrong...real wrong...but you can't argue with what the bullet/chamber/barrel combo likes.

With the tight tight specs on the 300PRC at .3088"...I don't know if you will find much difference on most rifles with different seating depths.
I can say my experience is confirming this. Three different pills (not Hornady) all are shooting well, two much better than expected considering the jump. That tight free bore seems to be doing what it's intended to do. Ladder is done, checking seating depth this weekend. If anything interesting happens I'll let you guys know. If you haven't seen it: https://bergerbullets.com/vld-making-shoot/

I can say my experience is confirming this. Three different pills (not Hornady) all are shooting well, two much better than expected considering the jump. That tight free bore seems to be doing what it's intended to do. Ladder is done, checking seating depth this weekend. If anything interesting happens I'll let you guys know. If you haven't seen it: https://bergerbullets.com/vld-making-shoot/

Thanks for posting that link. Excellent quick read for anyone interested in the old way of thinking and how it changed when evidence showed a different outcome than expected.

If anyone is interested in the RCC Brass....I've been told that several of you have recently contacted them about the 300PRC brass...and they are about to start a run of them. If anyone is interested....get your order in...in the next few days or wait until the next run. Remember, 50 case minimum.

I just ordered 50 to try. Damn...$302.49

Anyone got a AMP Aztec code for this brass LoL...i dont wanna sacrifice a case ??

Reactions: LakuNoc
As i said I will be doing full review on RCC brass and i should be getting some very soon.
It is Pricey but it is worth every penny in my books, my friend have some RCC brass for 338 Lapua and nothing comes close to its consistency and holds pressure much better than any other brass.
I will do full review on brass how consistent it is and how well it's made. Will also provide how it's made and what brass material is being used to make this brass on lathe and cnc machine so it makes more sense why it can hold more pressure and why internal volume of brass is much more consistent than for example Lapua or Norma brass. All this Flowed by Full load development with 230 A-Tip using H1000 and RCC brass.

Reactions: Dooby
My apologies in advance if this topic has been beaten to death, but I remember reading somewhere in this massive thread about 338 lap mags and a spring conversion to run 300 PRC. I tried searching via the search box on the website and google and came up empty handed. I just took delivery of a Manner's stock with a CIP length bottom metal, which comes with an accurate mag 338 magazine. Is there in fact a conversion kit so I can make use of this magazine or am I mistaken?

Thanks again,

Pete

I'd just use the MPA Mag Feed Lip Adjustment Tool and get it to where the top round sticks up just the right height. This is what I do on some MDT 338LM mags.

Reactions: stereo.pete
Good News...ADG 300 PRC possibly 2020

Attachments

• ADG_300PRC_2020.PNG
    ADG_300PRC_2020.PNG
    508.1 KB · Views: 86
by development underway we means it's almost done. confirmed by a source familiar with an um improved version of it

Reactions: gnochi
I guess I can stop my weekend picket lines outside their facilities now....I was just about to chain myself nakid to their door and demand production....and nobody...and I mean nobody wanted to see that.
we appreciate you

Just chatted with AMP, and they are working with RCC on annealing. RCC machined brass anneals at about 40% higher temp than most regular production type brass.

Good to hear the industry working with each other on this.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Have you shot any with the GM215M, Magnum Primer?

Nope...The primers pictured are probably 10 years old...I bought a huge lot and they have lasted me a long long time. Back in the day when doing 1000yd+ 308....I found out that doing primer testing for me personally...wasn't worth it...because I was not a good enough shooter to tell the difference. When I miss...it isn't by an inch or less...it usually goes wrong by a wide margin due to mental errors.

Nope...The primers pictured are probably 10 years old...I bought a huge lot and they have lasted me a long long time. Back in the day when doing 1000yd+ 308....I found out that doing primer testing for me personally...wasn't worth it...because I was not a good enough shooter to tell the difference. When I miss...it isn't by an inch or less...it usually goes wrong by a wide margin due to mental errors.
Gotcha. Was curious if you had tried both and found more consistency with the GM210M...

My SR3 300PRC will be here tomorrow, and I have 3+ lbs of RL26 I've been saving for it...

I don't know where you got some RL26...unless you were carrying a bucket behind some unicorns waiting on them the fart it out. That's why I'm trying the N565....some people say it shoots really close to RL26. However, I really like my Retumbo loads. I'd like to try some RL33 and N570....slow it down some more on the burn rate with this 28" Bartlein.

Anybody out there running a 300PRC with a DT SRS or Covert? I am in the UK and looking to go down this route. Many ranges over here will not allow the .338LM but will allow .30 cals. I am assuming the long action mag works fine as does the 300WM bolt assembly. I, again, assume barrel length between 22 and 26 inches.

Starting a 300 PRC build on a ARC archamedies. Looks like a bartline barrel is in my future .

I figure I'll be shooting the A-tips and other 230gn

What length should I be looking at knowing I'm going to hang a Ultra 9 off the end?

Starting a 300 PRC build on a ARC archamedies. Looks like a bartline barrel is in my future .

I figure I'll be shooting the A-tips and other 230gn

What length should I be looking at knowing I'm going to hang a Ultra 9 off the end?

What’s the build purpose? Hunting with an ultra 9 on the end, vs range toy, vs ELR toy, vs...

What’s the maximum rifle length that fits in your safe / pelican case / drag bag / etc.? Do you have a folding stock?

In general, longer is better until it’s too long or too heavy, but there’s a lot that goes into that.

What’s the build purpose? Hunting with an ultra 9 on the end, vs range toy, vs ELR toy, vs...

What’s the maximum rifle length that fits in your safe / pelican case / drag bag / etc.? Do you have a folding stock?

In general, longer is better until it’s too long or too heavy, but there’s a lot that goes into that.
Very much a range toy. Local range has 1200yds and some family land goes out bit more.

Transport and case are not a huge worry

Last edited:
I received my 300PRC from the smith today! She came out perfect.

Hells Canyon carbon fiber barrel
AG Composites adjustable stock
Lone Peak Razor-Ti action
Chambered and assembled by Horizon Firearms in Tx

Can't wait to hit the range Sunday. Already have 225gr ELD-Ms loaded up to perform a ladder after breaking it in.

Attachments

• 20191024_231017.jpg
    20191024_231017.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 123
I received my 300PRC from the smith today! She came out perfect.

Hells Canyon carbon fiber barrel
AG Composites adjustable stock
Lone Peak Razor-Ti action
Chambered and assembled by Horizon Firearms in Tx

Can't wait to hit the range Sunday. Already have 225gr ELD-Ms loaded up to perform a ladder after breaking it in.

I like your style! Mine arrived today also. Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles worked his magic connecting a Proof CF Sendero to a Bighorn SR3. Placed neatly in a McMillan Carbon Game Hunter. Not taking time to throw a rail on for a bipod, or even level the AMG. Soybeans to combine tomorrow before it gets wet again.

IMG_20191025_002832190.jpg

TWSS

I went with a 30" 1:9 Bartlein and we're getting ~3000 fps with factory 225s.

----------------

By the way... Precision Reloading has A-Tips on sale. Just placed an order - score!

Last edited:
I'd take any data guys have on the 230 A-Tips with RL26 also... Even though my Bugholes rifle was shooting the factory Hornady Match 225 into one ragged hole. But why not waste time that I am already short on!

I'd take any data guys have on the 230 A-Tips with RL26 also... Even though my Bugholes rifle was shooting the factory Hornady Match 225 into one ragged hole. But why not waste time that I am already short on!
Lot of powder seems fast .... 75 gr is where I pressured out @ 2940 in a 26” proof barrel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: TEUFEL820