• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 whisper finished and updated Roscoe 260 pics

mavrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2009
Claremore, ok
Well I got the 300whisper together her are some pics. I put it in my other AICS because I wanted to try out the AI223 mags for feeding issues before I got a bottom metal. They feed like a dream and now I need to order a CDi bottom metal for my B&C stock.
Rem 700 trued
Weaver 3-10x Mil/Mil scope
EGW 30moa base with TPS rings
Douglas 1-7 twist SS 16in barrel
Worked factory trigger
threaded 5/8x24 with cap for Cyclone
working on loads for 220SMK,240SMK and 208Amax

Photo017t.jpg

Photo017p.jpg

Photo0175.jpg

Photo017g.jpg

Photo0173.jpg

Re: 300 whisper finished and updated Roscoe 260 pics

Well here are some updated pics of my William Roscoe built 260.
Surgeon 591 I need some better weather.
Rock barrel at 24in
Extra skins dipped in Atacs still have the FDEs
Photo016j.jpg

Photo016d.jpg

Photo015d.jpg

yep the 240s are high dollar I also want to try the Hornady 220 round nose.

Dustin

The whisper action was donated from a 17 fireball so extraction is greatly improved over a 223 action and with the AI mags it feeds great

Dustin

Seems like a neat cartrige. What kind of velocity are you going to get and what is the usable range.

I am shooting for right at 1000FPS to keep it sub sonic. I would guess it should reach out to 4-500y and still remain fairly accurate.

Thats true its one of the reasons I went with a 30 MOA base I cant wait to try it out some more. The 240 realy put a smack on the target during the little load development I have done.

Dustin

Great looking rifles! Looking forward to a range report.

Dfoosking what powder are you using I have had good luck so far with lil' gun but alot of people are running n110-h110.

Very sharp! Question: I'm looking at building a bolt gun for .300 whisper and would like to use a 700 action, but have heard they have trouble ejecting. Did you run into this issue? Am also looking at a Howa action but I'm still several months out from starting.

If you do build one on a 700 be sure to get a fireball action mine was from a 17fireball. The extractor is a little diffrent than a normal .223 boltface action and helps a ton with extraction issues. I was having problems with feeding and wanted to try the AI mags instead of the floor plate setup I was running and I have not had a FTF problem yet.

Dustin

I only put it in the AICS to test the feeding of the mags. I have a light weight B&C medalist for it to go in but I wanted to test the mags before I got a bottom metal now its time to place an order with CDi. On another note you would be suprised how well the AICS balances with the 16in barrel.

I will leave it that way for now I still need to order the bottom metal, bed it in, cerakote the barrled action and do some texture work on the BC.

Dustin

you can see the forend of the BC in the pic of the loaded mag.

Dustin

Great looking 260 Dustin, congrats. That KMW bolt knob is sweet, I'm gonna have to do one of those on a build soon...
Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. Roscoe is a great guy and builds an amazing stick!

-Tyler

I don't know anything about this cartridge, can someone please explain, thanks!

Dfoosking has is about right quaterbore has a ton of info. A 300-221, or 300 whisper is a 223 case shortned and necked up to take a 30cal bullet. The thing that sold me was the abilty to shoot anything from 100g all the way up to 240g with the right twist barrel.

That would be an awesome wildlife management rifle. Taking out does and they would never knew what happend to them.