• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

308 BCG?

jake-cutter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2012
Tx
I am working on my second Ma-Ten build and am looking at BCG again. On my first build I have a chrome DPMS BCG with a Raininer select barrel, but on this build I will be using one of Rainiers Ultra match barrels. I am looking at going with a Young carrier and a JP bolt.

Is there a benefit to the Young carriers and JP bolts over the DPMS chrome BCG?

Are there any other BCG's that I should be looking at?

Re: 308 BCG?

I got a heck of a deal on a used Y/M NM carrier and love it. I've read mixed reviews on whether or not it makes a difference. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'll say this... It can't HURT anything. I'm sure a standard carrier has the potential to be just as accurate, but I think that paying a little more for something you know that at the very least got a little more attention than normal is worth it.

Plus they look nice.
smile.gif

Does Young Mfg. make 308 BCG? I have gone to their website and they only list AR15 stuff. Interested too find a good armalite style carrier and bolt without the forward assist serrations for my MA-TEN build. Want to run a noveske barrel and it has the armalite style extension. Have been unable to find any armalite style carrier other than the Armalite phosphate group with the forward assist. Rifle will new used for 1000yd fun so I am looking for high quality.
Thanks

Young does not list their 308 carriers on their website, you have to call them.