• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.308 to 7mm-08 annealing

beanns2

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I did a search but did not find anything pertaining to my question. I will be resizing. 308win brass to 7mm-08. Would annealing be advised? I pretty sure it wouldn't hurt anything to anneal but if I'm going to anneal I need the equipment.

Thanks, beans.

Re: .308 to 7mm-08 annealing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beanns2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did a search but did not find anything pertaining to my question. I will be resizing. 308win brass to 7mm-08. Would annealing be advised? I pretty sure it wouldn't hurt anything to anneal but if I'm going to anneal I need the equipment.

Thanks, beans. </div></div>

Beans, Ive done it many times, never had to anneal after necking down to 708, just load and shoot.

Beware of neck thickness when doing this. For example, Federal 308 necked to 7 in a SAAMI minimum chamber yielded zero neck clearance.

Also note 243, 260, and 708 case length is longer than 308, so you won't need to trim for a WHILE.

Good info. I will be resizing m118lr brass down to the 7mm08 so the neck will probably be fairly thick. I however dont have the rifle built yet so I still have time to square away my reloading needs before i have anything to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beanns2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good info. I will be resizing m118lr brass down to the 7mm08 so the neck will probably be fairly thick. I however dont have the rifle built yet so I still have time to square away my reloading needs before i have anything to shoot. </div></div>
Indeed it will be a bit thick, Ive used that brass when necking down to 708, it worked without any neck turning though.