• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Edge rifle from 300 RUM action

elkbugling

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2008
Does anyone know if any 300 RUM action will work for a future 338 Edge rifle? For example, if I buy a SAKO or Winchester in 300 RUM, and rebarrel it, would it work for a 338 Edge? This seems like a viable option compared to a Lapua.

Thanks.

Re: 338 Edge rifle from 300 RUM action

go this this thread

338 EDGE, 338 Lapua or 338 RUM

If you want resale, world wide ammo availability and the fine SAKO platform, then IMO, it's the Lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Po'Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... if any 300 RUM action will work for a future 338 Edge rifle?...</div></div>
I believe so - 338 Edge is basically a 300 Ultra Mag necked up to .338.

Its the same case so how would there be anything that had to be done to it. the only difference between the two is the fact the they .338 had a bigger neck.

That's what I thought, just wanting conformation on my way of thinking. Has anyone actually done this? (Rebarreled a 300 RUM action to make a 338 Edge)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PFCSkoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its the same case so how would there be anything that had to be done to it. the only difference between the two is the fact the they .338 had a bigger neck.</div></div>
I think we said the same thing.

I thought about buying a Sendero 300 RUM and rebarrel it to 338 Edge, but changed my mind after coming across the Stiller group buy on this Forum a while back...so, I am eagerly waiting for my Stiller for the built.

Does anyone know of a CRF action that would be long enough for the Edge? I'd love to rebarrel a Winchester 300 RUM action, just not sure if it would work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PFCSkoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its the same case so how would there be anything that had to be done to it. the only difference between the two is the fact the they .338 had a bigger neck. </div></div>