• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 lapua

patrick021

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
i have a 338 lapua with a detachable mag and wanting to change to a hinged floor plate to see if i can load closer to the lands .does anyone know where i can find a floor plate for a 338 lapua?

Think you will need a new stock or chassis as I do not believe the inlets will match.

mcmillian a-5

Probally cut for a M-5 bottom metal. IMO it's gonna be a pain to put a BDL plate in its place due to the M-5 cut is a good bit bigger and deeper. I just built a 338 Lapua and the customer wanted to get a longer OAL, so I got the CF-9 box from wyatt and cut the action. But you can only get 2rds of 338 LP in a BDL box. IMO I'd either change stock to a BDL cut one, or put a single shot follower in your action and leave the mag out. Or put a single shot follower in and get a single shot stock. You could also see how long your OAL will be a just change out your M-5 to a CIP mag set-up. TM

Seekins makes a 338LM DBM to load to 3.9" if that would work for you. Unfortunately they have been on backorder for almost a year.