• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 Snipetac Help

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
Hey guys I just picked up a new 338 Snipetac and I need some reloading help.
What bullets are you guys using and what powder is working best?

I have an idea were I should start but would like some input from people that are actually making hits already.

Thanks Eric

Lawton repeater with a Benchmark 32" barrel.

Re: 338 Snipetac Help

I have a similar cartridge, though not the snipetac, and I would suggest H50BMG starting at 128 to130 grains and working up to the velocity you want. This is with 300 gr SMK. I just picked up some of the 285 gr Hornady HP and look forward to seeing what those will do.

Re: 338 Snipetac Help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WunderDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a similar cartridge, though not the snipetac, and I would suggest H50BMG starting at 128 to130 grains and working up to the velocity you want. This is with 300 gr SMK. I just picked up some of the 285 gr Hornady HP and look forward to seeing what those will do.</div></div>

Thanks for the info.
I talked to Dave Viers and he suggested I start around 135 grains of H50BMG which I did and was way over presure. I think I will start over and begin around 128.

Let me know how the 285's work for you... I also picked up a box and am excited to try them.