• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

375 Cheytac Build

mtnhntr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2010
Montana
Here's a 375 cheytac build from Barker Machine Works 375 Cheytac
barkermachineworks.com
DSC_3875.jpg

Re: 375 Cheytac Build

Mcmillan stock
Benchmark 30 inch barrel
Barker Machine Works Overwatch repeator action
Alpha 7 round mags
What more would like to know?

website barkermachineworks.com

Nice, shot many rounds through it yet? What brake do you have on it? Whats it weigh? Scope? Ammo?

Nice rifle! And good to see that you are also from Montana! I hope that CheyTac has a big/very efficient muzzle brake on it!

This rifle has about 200 rounds through it. It has Vortex Razor HD.this target is at 100 yrds I will have to post some at 600 when I get my camera back from my XO. The muzzle brake is our own design and works extremely well about as much recoil as a 300 win. Gun weighs 22 lbs but I'm working on lighter version with XLR stock.

DSCF0221.jpg

Groups at 100? Isn't that like shooting groups with a 308 at 50 yards?

I would love to own a 375 CT, but I had to search to find a sendero long enough to shoot 1,000 yards, let alone the 1,000+ where the 375 CT is useful.

Still, it's a cool gun, and should be pretty accurate at long range.

When the Snow melts off the range we'll stretch the distance.Unless you'd like to come north and shovel a path for us:) Besides got a start somewhere.

Reactions: RyanO7

Nice job John, I have a good feeling that these are going to shoot lights out....Of course your action design is built like a tank..Cant wait...

The design of the action doesn't lend itself to an integral rail. The amount of material and machine time would really add to the cost of the reciever. Right now there priced pretty reasonable.

Do to turn around time on barrels and stocks if your interested in a Long reange rifle you need to get your orders in ASAP In most instances your looking at 6 months for a rifle at least. Due to back order's on stocks and barrels. Think about it.

If your interested we build 700 style actions also check out other post M40 actions

Nope not yet when I get about 10 solid commitments I'll consider it your # 3 so far to ask.

I was looking around for ammo. It seams like this is an extremely hard and expensive round

HSM of Montana carries Brass and ammo. Bertrim is shipping it into the states and bullets availible at Dynamic research LLC and Rocky Mountain bullets both here in Montana.

$950.00 for single shot $1200 for repeator with bottom metal no mag. Includes 40 moa rail and recoil lug no trigger. Jewel and Timney make bottom safety triggers and mags are $135.00. These prices are for actions only not complete rifles.

Awesome maybe forgo the 338 lapua and jump in the 375 waters

If your fond of 338 bullets you can go with the 338 snipe tac. which is the same case as the 375 and 408 cheytac necked to 338 and a little straighter body. It also cuts the bullet cost some and availiblity is better on 338 bullets. But you still have a 2000+ range. Dave Veirs can give you all the info on 338 Snipe Tac. Black Diamond rifles.

These rifles are availible in 338 snipetac 375 Cheytac 408 Cheytac and 375 Viers Magnum.

Go to barkermachineworks.com fill out the contact page on last page of website or use one of the emails posted on the sight on the first page. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awsome!

Where do I buy a 375 Cheytac? This might be a stupid question but... where do I buy ammo for it? </div></div>

Hunting shack has loaded ammo along with reloading components available.

Arez
Have you seen some of these Barnes what are there lengths? Are they availible?

NICE.

A single shot in an XLR chassis is definitely what I'm going with when I put together a .375 Cheytac...they just look so right.

Is Barker Machine somehow connected to Lawton? The Cheytac actions look very similar. Was wondering if someone from Lawton opened up a new shop after they started going tits up.

I am saving up for a 375 Cheytac. I like the XLR chassis look for this rifle.

Don't see this every day here's a pile of Overwatch's 408 Cheytac/375 Cheytac/338 Snipetac Quite the pile of armaments
Some still need butt stock assembly.

100_0519.jpg

The only reason I haven't order a 408 Cheytac from Barker is because, frankly, I don't know where I'd get the ammo! I'd love to have a rifle chambered in this caliber coupled with a ballistics calc. but have hesitated because of ammo availability.

Hunting Shack of Montana
thehuntingshack.com
They carry 375 and 408 Cheytac ammo and Reloading components

Rocky Mountain Bullets make bullets
Dynamic Research makes Bullets
Lehi Bullets

Blackdiamond Rifles Make Dies
C&H dies