• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC build

I don’t run the center action screw even now. Forgot to put it in and Shot better so left it out. Front and rear screws are same as any savage long action. XLR evolution chassis

I haven't really had any problems with tubb other than he's not the friendliest guy to deal with. Some of my customers have had some pretty unpleasant experiences though and won't buy from him. The brass is great whether he is or not so that doesn't matter to me. I've bought brass and dies from him and probably will in future. Its nice to know there is an alternate source for cases.

Frank

Got it all mounted up. Feels great
369F4D78-3E5F-45CA-9F7B-FFFB5DDABDE8.jpeg

Definitely need a new bipod!!! Been looking at a ftr

Loving this rifle. The action is great and I do like the target accutrigger. Dialed it down to 14ish oz’s.

Definitely need a new bipod!!! Been looking at a ftr

Loving this rifle. The action is great and I do like the target accutrigger. Dialed it down to 14ish oz’s.
Yea
My savage was that low for a while.
I can knock a lot of things about my savage but no complaints on the trigger.

Reactions: jasent
It’s close in performance to the elite iron for a lot less $$$$$
Little off topic, but I'm assuming you've had time on both bipods Steel Head... Do you feel the EI still offers enough value in the features and added stability to justify the cost over a Super Cal? Been looking into both and having a hard time deciding which to choose.

Honestly I don’t see any need to go custom at this point. That may change later but it shoots great, from what I’ve read a lot of folks are running same bullet about the same speed in cheytac’s. I’m pretty happy so far. Next barrel I would like a faster twist for the 400’s but the 361gr Warner’s are doing awesome. I’m thinking I’ll put the custom action $$ in to new glass. Been really wanting a g2 recon.
Jasen, with how well your 112 is running and having gotten comfortable with it now, do you think you'll still step up to a custom at some point or is the Savage Target good enough?

Little off topic, but I'm assuming you've had time on both bipods Steel Head... Do you feel the EI still offers enough value in the features and added stability to justify the cost over a Super Cal? Been looking into both and having a hard time deciding which to choose.
Yea.
I use both a lot and really like both.
I still prefer the EI.
The SCAL is a lot more rigid and some really prefer that.
The EI has a bit of give and I prefer that but it’s by no means sloppy.
The stock feet kick ass as well.

I have to take off the SCAL to bag or case it but the EI easily fits in the bag, I just turn it flat to the side.

The EI mounting ring with SCAL legs would be a AMAZING combination.

Dang... looks like the brake is almost bigger around than the scope bell?!?

And that bolt handle is way too short... put a BA handle on there, stat! (y)
You might be surprised at the quality of the scope. Blows my vipers out of the water with way more dial to boot. Scope upgrade is coming when funds get there. Just a blue collar ELR junkie trying to feed the monkey.

You might be surprised at the quality of the scope. Blows my vipers out of the water with way more dial to boot. Scope upgrade is coming when funds get there. Just a blue collar ELR junkie trying to feed the monkey.
SWFA 5x20?

Awesome, thanks guys. Definitely sounds like a great combination, and with bolt and barrel swaps can run anywhere from 223 size on up through the Lapua variants. Can't get much better than that from what I've seen. Sure looks like the 5-20 to me

You might be surprised at the quality of the scope.

I was a long time fan of the original Tasco SS10x42 and SS16x42 before SWFA purchased the rights. Bought the 10x at a gun show, before I knew diddly about anything (and paid way more than I care to admit!), but it worked out surprisingly well. Later, I'd saved up for my very first brandy new Nightforce NXS... and new-home-ownership being what it is, my 'Nightforce' ended up looking a lot more like a new water heater - so I wound up with a SS16x42. That stupid thing has kind of been my go-to 'control' scope - more than once, I've had a gun mysteriously go from shooting bugholes to shooting patterns... and after I'm done pulling my hair out chasing down loose mounts, rings, and everything else that usually goes wrong, I put the SS16x42 on top. It's surprising how many times that's 'illuminated' the problem... :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: jasent
It’s a swfa but 16x42 fixed. Plenty of power for 2k plus and low enough to not be washed out by mirage. I’m zeroed 26” high at 100 and 107 moa dial in the scope with 35 moa in hold over when needed.

Last edited:
just making fun of my self as a dork. I do enjoy math. Mil just doesn’t work with my brain. Even using mil scopes my brain converts it to moa.
Mil’s faster, moa is finer, most can’t shoot the difference

Lol that’s funny. I was wanting to forge up a ball and chain for a wedding decoration but she says no way

• Haha
Reactions: gunplt
This morning didn’t go well. First I could not get my GoPro to work with my phone. By the time I did the battery was low and I left the extras on the charger at home. By this time the sun had risen and the rocks were light up good. Thought I got a range at 2480 but latter checked google earth and it said 2566. So I setup and the go pro was getting washed out. Had a heck of a time getting white balance right. Finally get set up and shoot. No spot, shoot one more and no eject. Had a bad peace of brass from load work that ended up getting a small chunk of rim bit off by my ejector and thought I had tossed it but it ended up loaded, when I slipped it in the rifle some how that bad spot lined up with my ejector claw. So peace of brass is stuck in my chamber and no cleaning rod to push it out. I fiddled with it for a min before throwing in the towel and heading home. Maybe next week
375A09BE-B36C-4E28-AF8F-4E33892D3778.jpeg
DD906A82-D0DD-4A8F-AD8C-A35EA28DEBD5.jpeg
192F4B82-20D8-462F-A5B0-86120A61EC96.png

Don't know much about Nikon p1000 but pm me if interested in Bushnell Elite tactical......people say it's real close to Leupold MK4 and I have MK4 and it's solid

While is was out there I did some recon. Found 2 different spots to get 1000 yards. A good 1900 yard spot. A 3225 spot and 3900 and for some day a 6425 yard spot with safe access to forward observation Can drive right to the shooting position. I’m liking this spot even with the bad morning
Trouble is if I want to hang steel at any of these spots it going to be a major hike. I’m happy shooting rocks

Still a worthwhile trip then, even with the issues
I would agree. Plenty more mornings to shoot there. I’m working on a list of gear I need to bring next outing and will bring the 243 and 300wm for shooting while things cool and such. I think a lot of Sunday’s troubles were caused from rushing. Still looking for a spotter and may get the ol lady out next time if I bribe her with clays and the shotgun. How hard can it be to train your spotter? Least I’m starting from scratch