• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

408 Cheytac Build

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Im seriously contemplating a 408 CheyTac for this BAT long action I have laying around. I am hoping you guys can chip in with any info you have regarding components. Right now im leaning towards a Manners stock, Krieger barrel, Jewell trigger. I am currently researching availability of brass and projectiles. This is a project that I and my buddy / gunsmith have been toying with for a while. Im also looking for a quality reamer to order. This will be a no holds barred build. Im looking to build the nicest rifle possible. Any info regarding bottom metal, magazines, twist rates, suppressors, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Re: 408 Cheytac Build

FWIW, most of us have ditched the .408 and switched to the .375 - better ballistic performance, more projectile choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, most of us have ditched the .408 and switched to the .375 - better ballistic performance, more projectile choices.</div></div>

+1 good advise.

Defiantly 375 Cheytac. Loaded ammo as well as components available from Hunting Shack of Montana. Dies from C&H or Black Diamond Rifles.