• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 45 Super

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Anyone have any experience with this round, specifically if you shoot it, out of what handgun and the mods you have performed on it?

Re: 45 Super

i shoot one in a Glock 21 , i got the kit from Ace Customs , i did upgrade the recoil spring by two pounds over what the kit comes with to reduce the chance of frame battering.
it runs fine , i will say the its a handfull , certainly not somthing to shoot speed drills with

Last time I checked with Ace they said they weren't doing the Glock conversions. What did you get with the kit? Not worried about the recoil, I do all my drills with Glock a 20 with max loads, but I want to keep the Glock 21 safe.

i got it several years back , i also had ordered it with a 1" longer barrel as i was going to have a brake added rather than magnaporting but oppted for the latter.

i think some folks were getting stupid with their reloads and this was the reason for them getting away from the glocks.

realy all you getting is a specialy chambered barrel that supports much more of the web of the case , non captive guide rod and heavier spring (27 lb i think)

a 200gr slug at 1300fps gives a bit more recoil than my 400 Cor-Bon does at close to 10mm vels

Yeah 200 grain at 1300 is pretty stout, my G20 does about 1250fps with a 200 grain XTP. Is that a reload you are using? Any reason for the non-captured rod vs captured if its stainless?

i don't think the captured vs non captured rod makes a differance , other than easy of spring change. I made my guide rod from 17-4 PH steel cause i had it dont think it makes it any better.

I shoot reloads out of mine though id like to see how some of the factory stuff works. about the only time i turn the Glock into th 45 Super is when i carry it for backup when hunting or just dicking around at the range

i know Wolff offers them up to 24 lbs and Brownlls has them
(part#969-438-024AA) and Wolff guide rod (part#969-501-000AA), i cant remember where i got mine but it had to be made to order, im sure Wolff could make one