• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 50% off suppressors at Gander

trob_205

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2013
    Coldwater, MI
    At least at our local Gander Outdoors they are fire selling their suppressors. Watched a guy pay for the last dead air sandman-s for like $425. Maybe worth a look if anyone has one close. Sounds like they are getting out of the suppressor game.

At least at our local Gander Outdoors they are fire selling their suppressors. Watched a guy pay for the last dead air sandman-s for like $425. Maybe worth a look if anyone has one close. Sounds like they are getting out of the suppressor game.

Who will hold the suppressor when they go out of business while waiting on the stamp?

Who will hold the suppressor when they go out of business while waiting on the stamp?
    You might be thinking of gander mountain. gander outdoors (owned by camp world) just bough the other vacant retail building next to gander and is now selling RVs and is putting a camp world and a RV service center in the building they just bought.

They apparently will ship to a SOT for the transfer, but you still have to purchase in person in store. Seen some great deals posted on Sig & Dead Air cans. too bad no Ganders near me.

Reactions: trob_205
    Last week I went to my closest Gander to buy some worms and left $325 poorer and no worms. Paid for a Sig Sauer SRD45 can and even used a $15 off $75 and they'll pay my sales tax too coupon. A pistol caliber can was on my want list but at their prices it was too good to pass up. I don't even own anything that's a pistol caliber with a threaded muzzle.

Last week I went to my closest Gander to buy some worms and left $325 poorer and no worms. Paid for a Sig Sauer SRD45 can and even used a $15 off $75 and they'll pay my sales tax too coupon. A pistol caliber can was on my want list but at their prices it was too good to pass up. I don't even own anything that's a pistol caliber with a threaded muzzle.
    Time to put a PCC together.

Reactions: Geno C.
    So I went in and impulse bought two gemtechs at gander. Now these are my first suppressors/nfa items and I want to be sure to register them under a trust. Gander is purposely unhelpful in navigating that. I almost wish I would have just ate the cost and gone silencershop with their single shots. But anyway, for those who've done it can I just buy a trust online (reviews of "thetrustshop.net"? their photo choices are scaring me away but their response time to email questions was amazing) walk back into gander with finger prints, photos, and my newly printed trust documents lay down tax stamp money and start waiting or am I missing something?

My local dealer was closing about a month after I submit my paperwork. He called BATFE and had approved forms a week later. Wait times were over a year at the time. I'd cross my fingers hoping they go under.

Reactions: fnf01
    So I went in and impulse bought two gemtechs at gander. Now these are my first suppressors/nfa items and I want to be sure to register them under a trust. Gander is purposely unhelpful in navigating that. I almost wish I would have just ate the cost and gone silencershop with their single shots. But anyway, for those who've done it can I just buy a trust online (reviews of "thetrustshop.net"? their photo choices are scaring me away but their response time to email questions was amazing) walk back into gander with finger prints, photos, and my newly printed trust documents lay down tax stamp money and start waiting or am I missing something?
    You could always have Gander Form 3 them to a SilencerShop local dealer and have that dealer process them through the SS system. I've bought more suppressors from other retailers than from SilencerShop but my SOT has processed them all through the SS system and I've gotten great value out of the Single Shot Unlimited package I thankfully bought early on from SilencerShop.

You may want to look into NFA Lawyers as well. Turn around time is very fast & if you’ve got a question they’re happy to answer the phone or an email. I’d use these guys again w/ no hesitation.

You might be thinking of gander mountain. gander outdoors (owned by camp world) just bough the other vacant retail building next to gander and is now selling RVs and is putting a camp world and a RV service center in the building they just bought.

My two closest Gander Outdoors stores are both closing right now. Just bought a dozen arrows, new ScentLok jacket, and a Vortex Solo 8x36 yesterday all at 40% off sale prices. Don’t know if it’s just local, or if they’re shutting down a bunch of stores...just FYI.

My two closest Gander Outdoors stores are both closing right now. Just bought a dozen arrows, new ScentLok jacket, and a Vortex Solo 8x36 yesterday all at 40% off sale prices. Don’t know if it’s just local, or if they’re shutting down a bunch of stores...just FYI.

Do the buildings say going out of business/closing?

Got an email ad for an "Inventory Reduction" of 40% on everything but guns, ammo, and generators, then another coupon for 25% on those items. That ends this Sunday for the one in Traverse City MI. Sounds more like an end of summer, come help get rid of some shit for next years junk. If it was going out of business, then that sale would never end till they couldn't sell much else that nobody else wanted.

Do the buildings say going out of business/closing?

Got an email ad for an "Inventory Reduction" of 40% on everything but guns, ammo, and generators, then another coupon for 25% on those items. That ends this Sunday for the one in Traverse City MI. Sounds more like an end of summer, come help get rid of some shit for next years junk. If it was going out of business, then that sale would never end till they couldn't sell much else that nobody else wanted.

Yep. Saw it was on the evening news and employees when I checked out told me they weren’t given a projected closing date yet, but they were told to not expect restocking...I expect they close when they’re almost out of merchandise.

Yep. Saw it was on the evening news and employees when I checked out told me they weren’t given a projected closing date yet, but they were told to not expect restocking...I expect they close when they’re almost out of merchandise.

Crazy, mine always seemed to be doing well business wise. Maybe I should give a call before I drive over there. Would hate to go there for no reason just to find out they are going to restock the shelves.

They may be closing stores that they thought would do better. When they bought Gander Mountian, they didn't reopen all of them back up into Gander Outdoors.

Yea ours is in the process of adding a camp world and and RV world to the Gander building. I’d assume they aren’t going anywhere.

Reactions: Anb618
    I know a few of the guys behind the gun counter at my local gander, including the firearms manager. According to him corporate is closing all gander outdoors stores that do not have the space/ability to work on or sell campers and RVs.
    I did get an absolute steal there a couple weeks ago thanks to a good coupon with no fine print, picked up a fnx45 tactical, normally 1200ish anywhere ive looked for $620 out the door.

If that is the case, mine will be closing then. Guess I'm going to Gander on Sunday. Work Saturday and raining Sunday so no pew pew time for me, but maybe I can get some cheap ammo.

If that is the case, mine will be closing then. Guess I'm going to Gander on Sunday. Work Saturday and raining Sunday so no pew pew time for me, but maybe I can get some cheap ammo.

At least at my Ganders: ammo, firearms, and generators were only 15% off.

Oh oh, I have a potential headache in the works.

- Thursday Sept 5th, 2019, Purchased suppressor during their 50% off promo from my closest Gander Outdoors (50 min away).
    - Monday Sept 16th, 2019, Completed Form 4 paperwork
    - Friday Oct 18th, 2019, ATF officially steals my $200
    - Wed Nov 6th, 2019, my Gander is closing down...…….

Store Manager says the ATF has agreed to try to expedite all Form 4's. I call B.S. Hope this has a happy ending, to be continued.

I would get a phone number, in case doors do close before you get it.

In instances where gun stores are closing, I have heard two things. One, it goes to another jail house. Two, it gets expedited.

I would get a phone number, in case doors do close before you get it.

In instances where gun stores are closing, I have heard two things. One, it goes to another jail house. Two, it gets expedited.

I have the store's number and corporates number saved. The only time I've ever personally seen a NFA related form (Form 1 for a SBR) expedited was because a friend just received PCS orders to transfer from Yuma APG to Florida.

- Thursday Sept 5th, 2019, Purchased suppressor during their 50% off promo from my closest Gander Outdoors (50 min away).

Store Manager says the ATF has agreed to try to expedite all Form 4's. I call B.S. Hope this has a happy ending, to be continued.
    When I found out that my local gander was closing I quit regretting not buying a couple cans when they were on sale, if they were to expedite them maybe it would've been a good buy.

Add me to the list who rolled the dice and bought one at price I couldn’t pass up. I don’t foresee my area gander closing, it’s filled with RVs and campers so maybe I’m safe.

I thought Gander closed?
    They got bought out by camping world.

It seems that gander outdoor only locations are closing(?). BUT that they are also adding new gander outdoors into the already existing camping world locations. My gander outdoors has been around for a few months only but the camping world it moved in with has been there for years and years. Half is camping world still, the other half is full of gander stuff. They didnt have their class 3 for that location yet when I went into inquire about the sale but they were expecting it in a week or two so they dont seem to be leaving this location.

Add me to the list who rolled the dice and bought one at price I couldn’t pass up. I don’t foresee my area gander closing, it’s filled with RVs and campers so maybe I’m safe.

I thought my Gander was safe too when they packed the lot full of RV's and campers this summer. My closest Gander and my 3rd closest Gander closed suddenly earlier this year. Both locations had 72hrs.

Supposedly....according to the gun manager at my local gander, corporate said "if you dont have the facilities necessary to sell/service campers and RVs the store will be closing" hence we will no long have a gander outdoors.

Great news! Today 12.15.2019 I picked up my suppressor from Gander! Stamp approved on 12.09.2019. 52 Days in NFA jail! Maybe the ATF does have secret powers we don't know of.

683D7219-0B4C-4290-83E2-4E6F529D64C9.jpeg

I was fortunate enough to walk in at my local one last week and find all their cans 75% off. I normally don’t impulse buy but I couldn’t pass the deals up. Looks like my store is staying open so I’ll be on the long wait but worth it.

Attachments

• DBC37DCB-E3EF-4885-B7A4-8801150D16E2.jpeg
      DBC37DCB-E3EF-4885-B7A4-8801150D16E2.jpeg
      597.9 KB · Views: 48