• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
I've loaded up a bunch of Hornady's 52 grain AMAX for my 223AI.
These are fire forming loads but shoot well under MOA.
Today gave me the opportunity to see how the bullet works on vermin and I can give it a whole hearted double thumbs up.

I don't care to participate in the politics of feral cats, but, when one is up a tree with one of yours I think it's go time.
Thankfully we have lots of vultures here to clean up the mess.

Re: 52 AMAX

let's just say that there was quite a bit of loose fir and he appeared to have had a major hernia.

AMAX, like the 50 VMAX but with a stubby little boat tail.
I'd hate to see what a Swift or 22-250 would do to a critter with this bullet.
Or maybe I would, with a slicker on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feral cats are God's version of "Ballistic Gelatin." </div></div>

That's going in my sig.
smile.gif

I wasn't aware that they made a little Amax like that. I've used the 50 or 52 Vmax, that's what I thought you were talking about adn those are great too.

From a 22-250, the 50gr Vmax turns feral cats into a red/fur puff if you hit in a fleshy area...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feral cats are God's version of "Ballistic Gelatin." </div></div>

That's going in my sig.
smile.gif
</div></div>
I figured someone might like that, glad you enjoy! I was extremely surpised myself however, that the 75vmax (6mm) didnt turn this wild kitty inside out that
was prowling towards me planning my demise that I had to defend myself from. I guess the 55s or so might make things a lil uglier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was prowling towards me planning my demise that I had to defend myself from.</div></div>

LOL, reminds me of the old South Park episode. "They're coming right for us!!!"

The 52amax/h335 load shoots great in my 223ai also. I used them to fire form for my 75amax loads. They shot like a laser.

I haven't shot a critter with them but know they would be "dramatic"!

Keith

Yes, considering I was using a suppressor the impact was quite noticeable.