• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Creedmor or 6.5 Grendel which is better?

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
I get confused between the two. Which one is a flatter trajectory. Is one better over the other, or personal preference?
Steve

Re: 6.5 Creedmor or 6.5 Grendel which is better?

Creedmore. More powder, more velocity, more better.

Unless you are trying to fit it into an AR 15 mag.

+1 for Goin'Hot's reply

6.5 creedmoore fits a .308 length mag.

6.5 grendell fits 5.56 length mag.

Paul

Makes no sense, to take a 6.5 creedmoore over a .308 IMO, and it makes complete sense to take a 6.5 grendel over a 5.56..

JMO..

Creedmoor 1+
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's an Apples and Oranges comparison.

</div></div>

LSU - "Makes no sense, to take a 6.5 creedmoore over a .308 IMO, and it makes complete sense to take a 6.5 grendel over a 5.56."

The original question was comparing 6.5 grendell to 6.5 creedmoore.

My references to .308 and 5.56 were simply a size comparison of the two 6.5 cartriges for the original poster.

However, I do agree with you.

Paul

Now if the question was, does it make sense to take the 260 over the 308.....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes no sense, to take a 6.5 creedmoore over a .308 IMO, and it makes complete sense to take a 6.5 grendel over a 5.56..

JMO.. </div></div>

I disagree on the 308 comment. Better ballistics which translates into more energy on target at distance.