• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Crusader ?

J322

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2012
inside your modem
I just can not seem to grip the 6.5mm Crusader. Regardless of how hard I try, I always seem to end up in a circle with the same info.

If guys/ladies have information on it, I would greatly appreaciate some standard information about this round. [velocity/energy, Beta/Coeffient (if you got it) & drop vaules] From what I understand... it takes the Win 6mm brass to form and no one will likely produce such brass. But are the dies obtainable? Is G.A. the only reamer? As of right now is this round even a feasible option?

I need to decide if I am going with the .260 or the 6.5x47 Lapua. I am not a fan of hot loading overweights so I will most likely go with the .260... but! I have been wondering if I should wait a season to see where the 6.5 Crusader leads us.

Thanks all,

Drew

-this was a repost from S4 thread-

Re: 6.5 confusion

6.5x55. Put it in a modern action long action and be surprised. And surprisingly it's the cheapest(cost wise @ $67 for 100ct) brass Lapua sells. Long neck and you can seat out as far as you are comfortable and runs with the best 6.5s around.

L

+1 for the 6.5 x 55 I love it and the improved version even more. !39 g Scenars at 3050 fps does quite a few jobs quite nicely.

6.5 crusader, interesting...

Basically a necked up 6mm crusader with ballistics similar to 6.5x284 but it will feed out of a AW magazine and will work in a short action repeater with a standard bolt face. 32 degree shoulder for good powder efficiency.

I just got a 6.5 creedmor crusader. Will shoot out to 1500 yards. Fwiw, the things a damn laser beam