• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 MM Dasher Loads

Bronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Kansas
My new 6 Dasher came home this week, did it on the cheap by rebarreling a Remington PSS .308.
Specs are:
Bartlien 6mm 24" barrel
Holland recoil lug
Trued action
Threaded 5/8 X 24
Bushed boltface and grind firing pin to .060

Have shot a few groups using fire forming loads of 30.5 gr. RL-15 with 105 Amax, 108 Bergers, and 105 Lapua. Groups range from .370 to .520 depending on bullet and me of course. Velocity avg. is 2840 fps. I'm using Lapua 6mm BR brass and Wolf small rifle magnum primers, bullet is seated in lands to help with fire forming, neck is sized up to 6.5 mm then necked back down for a false shoulder.

Anyone else shooting this round? Any pet loads?
Thanks for any input on loads.

Re: 6 MM Dasher Loads

I'll run this though once more, can't believe no one else here shoots this round.

.272 neck .104 freebore

33.0 grs of RL 15 105 bergers kissing

cleaned house at the 1000BR nationals in CO last year.

I should add this isn't my rifle. It is Richard Schatz's

anyone who shoots 1K br should know the name. He took home lots a trophy's and goodies using this combo.

You should be able to find out any info you want on 6mmbr.com. Do a serch or ask the same questions. Thers a good bet someone is shooting it over there. i got alot of info on my 6mmRem br. Good luck.

I've been running one this season in my BR Rifle. 33.3 grains of Varget, CCI450's, 105 Berger VLD's +.015" in the lands 3,050fps. Undefeated in the last 5 matches.

346s2up.jpg