• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6gt

Same here. Shot mediocre at best seated back too. Makes me think they built it for the .190 freebore reamer.

Bartlein 7.5t chambered by them with .120 reamer
Curious if you 2 have the same lot number I have?
Bought mine in the last prime group buy Sept 2020 & lot # is pictured above.
Quick check across 10 & COAL is 2.544 & definitely not jammed in mine. Not sure what my free bore is & I don't have any loose RDF's. Currently only have Berger 105's.

Last edited:
6gt using IMR 4451 w/ 115 DTAC . 37.5 grains , avg . 2814 std 7.4 26" Bartlien 7.5 this is a .160-170 throat , tight .267 chamber long neck formed from 6.5.x47 Lapua brass.

Last edited:
Been shooting 109 hybrid and 115 vld , not grouping like the 115 DTAC. Best I have done yet . Using IMR 4451 as I am out of H-4350. Seems good low std. Dev. A little slower . But happy so far.shot a four in same hole out of five at 200 yrds.

Gents I too have jumped in the 6GT and I'm experiencing a weird issue... So this is a completely new rifle using a Mack Bros stainless action. I'm using the recent batch of Alpha brass and I'm running them up through the 21st Century expander mandrel, although i dont think it is needed (please feel free to chime in). I'm going to be using the the Berger 108s but the issue I'm experiencing is I'm running the new cases through to make sure they cycle and on a few cases the extractor is not grabbing the case to pop out. However if I dry fire I then can extract the case that wouldn't eject on safe. I have not done any measurements on the cases yet but again they are brand new. I haven't cleaned the chamber but that is where I'll start. Any other suggestions?

Gents I too have just jumped in the 6GT and I'm experiencing a weird issue... So this is a completely new rifle using a Mack Bros stainless action. I'm using the recent batch of Alpha brass and I'm running them up through the 21st Century expander mandrel, although i dont think it is needed so please feel free to chime in. I'm currently trying to get my CBTO number with Berger 108's ( I'm using the Eric Cortina method on this project) and for some reason my extractor is not grabbing the case to pop them out unless i dry fire with the case in the chamber. I've tried this multiple times as I'll put the same case that wouldn't extract on safe, switch to fire and dry fire, then the case will actually extract. The rifle has a trigger tech special. Anyway i went through a dozen or so cases and sure enough a few of them wouldn't extract on safe and would once fired. I have read on another site this was an issue with Alpha 6GT brass for one specific shooter. Anyway let me know what ya'll think. I'd like to post a picture but

Gents I too have jumped in the 6GT and I'm experiencing a weird issue... So this is a completely new rifle using a Mack Bros stainless action. I'm using the recent batch of Alpha brass and I'm running them up through the 21st Century expander mandrel, although i dont think it is needed (please feel free to chime in). I'm going to be using the the Berger 108s but the issue I'm experiencing is I'm running the new cases through to make sure they cycle and on a few cases the extractor is not grabbing the case to pop out. However if I dry fire I then can extract the case that wouldn't eject on safe. I have not done any measurements on the cases yet but again they are brand new. I haven't cleaned the chamber but that is where I'll start. Any other suggestions?
Your headspace sounds wrong or your action is out of spec (I lean toward the former). I would not fire your rifle until you get that figured out.

Definitely will check that out. I'm using the PTG go gage and reamer from GAP. Very reputable smith also.

Didn’t have time to setup my V3 to get speed, SD and ES, but for the first time out with this rifle I was blown away. I loaded it 20 thousand off, with 33.2 grains of Varget. These were my results!

Attachments

• 086E7990-16B9-413A-984E-E32FF2ACBD2F.jpeg
    086E7990-16B9-413A-984E-E32FF2ACBD2F.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 111
  • C2B8B7CA-A66A-457E-AE5D-96C006781C21.jpeg
    C2B8B7CA-A66A-457E-AE5D-96C006781C21.jpeg
    515.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 58179AFF-118B-4A50-B82D-8F60B436BFF4.jpeg
    58179AFF-118B-4A50-B82D-8F60B436BFF4.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 100
  • BEC4890C-A1D7-4410-BF83-A87BFE36C332.png
    BEC4890C-A1D7-4410-BF83-A87BFE36C332.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
  • F0F25AEE-889A-4D86-AC3A-5E7C9844FC2E.png
    F0F25AEE-889A-4D86-AC3A-5E7C9844FC2E.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • Wow
Reactions: Hutch_WV
Didn’t have time to setup my V3 to get speed, SD and ES, but for the first time out with this rifle I was blown away. I loaded it 20 thousand off, with 33.2 grains of Varget. These were my results!
I think most people are running 34+ grains but those are some nice groups

Reactions: Kaveman44
I did find a nice load with 4451 at 37.5 w/ 115 dtac , but that's
Thanks , just bought it because can't find any H-4359, then after jumping on it saw it was slower than Aa-4350. Live and learn .
I mean there may be a slower FPS node with it. Give it a try. It may be unicorn tears for all we know. Guys are also getting good nodes out of n555 and staball so….🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Ratchet 94
I got some new Hornady and Alpha Brass I'm going to experiment with to see if the Alpha brass was worth so much $$ lol 😆

Thanks , just bought it because can't find any H-4359, then after jumping on it saw it was slower than Aa-4350. Live and learn .
Try Shooters World Longrifle. It is just barely faster than H4350. I used it last year in 6.5 CM with good success.

Guys a quick noob question, what is the difference between the CCI 400 primers and the BR4 primers?

Guys a quick noob question, what is the difference between the CCI 400 primers and the BR4 primers?
Cup thickness and priming element. BR4 primers are basically 450s. The QA of BR4s is slightly better.

I wouldn't run 400s in GT, personally.

Cup thickness and priming element. BR4 primers are basically 450s. The QA of BR4s is slightly better.

I wouldn't run 400s in GT, personally.
The 400’s is what I run and it has been good to me . Why would you say that you wouldn’t run them on a gt.?

The 400’s is what I run and it has been good to me . Why would you say that you wouldn’t run them on a gt.?
450s have a thicker cup and handle higher pressures. SD/ES can also be lower on 450s, if you can shoot the difference. I run a SD of 4.1 across a 60 shot course with 450s in my GT.

Wouldn't wait money on BR4s.

Reactions: drglock
450s have a thicker cup and handle higher pressures. SD/ES can also be lower on 450s, if you can shoot the difference. I run a SD of 4.1 across a 60 shot course with 450s in my GT.

I’ve seen the same between 450’s and others. In 6.5x47 the br4 gives a touch better velocity but not worth the $$$. 450s have same low SD/ES just a few FPS lower. What load are you running in gt? I’m collecting data. My new barrel is in the works.

I’ve seen the same between 450’s and others. In 6.5x47 the br4 gives a touch better velocity but not worth the $$$. 450s have same low Ed just a few FPS lower. What load are you running in gt? I’m collecting data. My new barrel is in the works.
I run Varget 34.65 gr with Berger 109s in Alpha brass. Annealed every firing with an AMP. Drop powder with a ATV3.

2950 fps

Reactions: Hutch_WV
Why do seating tests if you have a tuner on the way? Honestly, 6GT is so easy to load for. Pick a speed, load, and tune to close the groups up. Load development is maaaaybe 10-20 shots. I personally don't mess/test with jumping anything, especially Berger LRHT.

Don't waste precious components.

the br4 cost almost double the price, bought some today for almost 12 bucks per 100, freaking ridiculous .

Have you shot them at distance? I managed to get some 105s and I'd like to hold off on my Bergers right now

nice i got my EC turner break about a month ago ,and believe me all of that seating depth , and waste of bullets, was gone in an instant, I just put it on and wasted about 5 rounds and my group was 1/4" at 200 yds. It is worth the $250 i paid for it.

My issue with the EC Tuner is the need to turn down your barrel. Its extra work for your gunsmith, and makes it a pain to put on existing barrels. Especially as busy as gunsmith are right now. Maybe Eric has changed it though to go over the barrel without turning it down or threading it for the tuner.

I ended up with Aaron Hipp tuners for 3 different rifles. My 6GT, 22BR, and CZ457 22 Rimfire. They definitely work very well.

Do they sell a turner that you don’t need your gun smith to do work on your barrel, sorry maybe a dumb question

All the EC tuners on his website are for 6.5 and up unless that’s all he has in stock, do you guys know

I ordered the EC Tuner brake. It just shoulders up with a jam nut, the tuner sits out in front the brake. My buddy has one on his new 6dasher. His load development was done in 40 rounds after he fireformed his brass. Picked his speed with 105s, set em 20k off, went to tuning. 1/3 moa at 400y on his 3rd Tuner position, done.......I was impressed. I am going to try the ats hunter Tuner on my new 65saum hunting build, it's a short barrel supressor setup, my gunsmith is gonna turn down the carbon barrel to 750od for first inch behind the muzzle shoulder. I should have it in a few weeks. I'm going to do zero load development out the gate other than find a powder charge node w/ H1000 and 135 jlk vld seated 10k lands. Then go to tuning. I want to see if the tuner keeps the load dialed in as the barrel speeds up.

So he's redesigned it. Thats good to hear. It was definitely less popular when it required your Smith to turn down and thread your barrel.