• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher

You should be way gtg all the way up to 34gr. I started at 35gr and as my powder eventually dried here in Colorado I kept having to back it down. There's no pressure with 4350. You'll run out of case capacity first
switched over to 32gr of varget as i just couldn't get a good SD with the H4350.

FB: I think it's a .135"
Brass: Lapua
Bullet: 105 Hybrid
CBTO: started at 1.690" at 200rds, measured 1.720" at 800rds. I'm at 1200 now
I forgot to ask you what’s your barrel length?
I’m working on a Dasher with H4350. Going to break in the barrel today so we’ll see what speeds I get out of 34gr of H4350 and 112MB. Just using the MB for barrel break in. Then the 109’s in a .125 FB, Proof 26”

Looking at back up Dasher powders. Reading back 4 pages, only noticed 1 person using Shooters World Precision, I take it there is a reason for this?

Given the choice, would you pick IMR 8208XBR or Shooters World Precision for 105gr - 110gr bullets as "the next best choice"? Would you trade one for the other?

Looking at back up Dasher powders. Reading back 4 pages, only noticed 1 person using Shooters World Precision, I take it there is a reason for this?

Given the choice, would you pick IMR 8208XBR or Shooters World Precision for 105gr - 110gr bullets as "the next best choice"? Would you trade one for the other?
XBR is great. 30.5-31.6 grains with a 11X class bullet worked very well.

Reactions: smoooth1
Thanks!
I have used XBR in the past, wondering if the Shooters World Precision is any better?

Does anyone know why Berger 105 hybrids are not being made and distributed still?

Does anyone know why Berger 105 hybrids are not being made and distributed still?
The bullet manufacturers cycle what bullets they make. They have to do runs of all the tens or hundreds of the different bullets they make. We may want 105s but they may not get back to those for months.

Love my Redding Instant Indicator for checking headspace on my other calibers. Redding does not make one for the Dasher so curious if anyone has had luck running the 6BR Instant Indicator with their Dasher brass to check headspace?

Was just thinking of Ordering some Hornady ELDM 108 gr. since I can not find the Berger Hybrids. Are any of y'all using or having success with them?

Was just thinking of Ordering some Hornady ELDM 108 gr. since I can not find the Berger Hybrids. Are any of y'all using or having success with them?
I use 108ELDMs to fireform Dasher and 6BRX(got lots of them cheap) and have used quite a lot in the 6Creed.
They are definitely not as good as a 105Hybrid, slower and more wind susceptible.
One thing I notice is they seem to work better than your usual load by dropping the charge about 0.3gn. Don't now why, just works that way.

See if you can get some Sierra 107SMK, a truly terrific little pill if the 105s are not available.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson
I use 108ELDMs to fireform Dasher and 6BRX(got lots of them cheap) and have used quite a lot in the 6Creed.
They are definitely not as good as a 105Hybrid, slower and more wind susceptible.
One thing I notice is they seem to work better than your usual load by dropping the charge about 0.3gn. Don't now why, just works that way.

See if you can get some Sierra 107SMK, a truly terrific little pill if the 105s are not available.
Thanks for the tip!

Attachments

• 20220302_211517.jpg
    20220302_211517.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 216
I love VV powders

I'm becoming a fan. I'm glad, bc I've got 32lbs of n150 and 8lbs of N555.

From 31-33gr, not 1 charge weight had an SD over 10. My varget load and n150 are the exact same and exact same velocity.

One thing I've noticed is, this N150 meters great, surprisingly, but bridges like a fucking whore in my funnel. Oh well, if it keeps shooting like this, I'll deal with the bridging.

Reactions: Shoots 700's
N150 is hard on barrel and act crazy when it’s near max pressure.

I’ve run it extensively and I’ll never use it again in a Dasher.

Reactions: helge lüders
I have a never fired Dasher barrel in the safe that was cut by PVA a few years ago. 2018 or 2019 IIRC. They were super secretive about the neck diameter, and still have never answered my question (emails or on the phone), if the neck diameter will work with Alpha brass? Does anyone here by chance know the answer to the question?

With the cost and availability of components I don't want to deal with fire forming Lapua brass when Alpha OCD is available. Nor do I really want to neck turn 200-300 pieces of brass.

I have a never fired Dasher barrel in the safe that was cut by PVA a few years ago. 2018 or 2019 IIRC. They were super secretive about the neck diameter, and still have never answered my question (emails or on the phone), if the neck diameter will work with Alpha brass? Does anyone here by chance know the answer to the question?

With the cost and availability of components I don't want to deal with fire forming Lapua brass when Alpha OCD is available. Nor do I really want to neck turn 200-300 pieces of brass.

Yes. They work.

Yes. They work.
David

Do you have any idea on the amount of neck clearance? I don’t like min clearance necks, they don’t play well with Oklahoma red dirt. I like to have a minimum of .003” and preferably .005”.

Thanks

Any body have load data for VV N140 AND 62-75 gr pills. Running low on Varget but I have 8lbs of N140 and its getting near varmint season.

I’ve got a barrel josh from PVA did for me 2020ish and it works great with the alpha brass, now is it optimized like the chamber alpha has a reamer for not exactly, but I’ve never had an issues related to the chamber. I had some swipe marks on the case heads but everything checked out with both PVA and Alpha when I sent them all the dimensions, and it was pre OCD brass which might of been a contributing factor.

I tested N140 with 109 hybrids and they were a little slower than my Varget loads but very accurate. I would start low and see where you end up at with the 62-75’s

Just finished my build. It is the origin with proof prefit. I got the alpha brass with imr4895 for fireforming. Surprising it shoots pretty well with the brand new barrel and brass. The ES around 15fps. The virgin alpha brass headspace measures 1.257 with my hornady comparator. The brass only grow to 1.2585. Neck tension is .003

Attachments

• F173AE9C-3C3F-464E-87DF-5598290C1139.jpeg
    F173AE9C-3C3F-464E-87DF-5598290C1139.jpeg
    709.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
works great with the 95gr SMK's and 109 bergers too.

Newbie 6 Dasher question as i am learning about this... Just got Proof 26" prefit to go on Impact action but, i am reading comments mentioning diff chamber/reamer's used like Alpha, others. My question is what reamer was used on the Proof's? Will Alpha brass work?

Reactions: jtclarke
Newbie 6 Dasher question as i am learning about this... Just got Proof 26" prefit to go on Impact action but, i am reading comments mentioning diff chamber/reamer's used like Alpha, others. My question is what reamer was used on the Proof's? Will Alpha brass work?
yes

it's a 274 or 275 neck and .125 freebore

Diving into the Dasher pool, have a Hawk Hill barrel on the way. Question about dies-what is everyone using? I really like the Redding 3 die sets with the micrometer seater die, but I haven't seen any in 6 Dasher. I have seen the RCBS Matchmaster dies however. Anything else I should be looking at?

Diving into the Dasher pool, have a Hawk Hill barrel on the way. Question about dies-what is everyone using? I really like the Redding 3 die sets with the micrometer seater die, but I haven't seen any in 6 Dasher. I have seen the RCBS Matchmaster dies however. Anything else I should be looking at?
when I switched to a dasher, I bought an arbor press for seating with a LE Wilson micrometer top seater then got a Harrels bushing die after sending them 3 fireformed cases. I began with a full size die from Forster, pretty cheap.
Big difference from my 6.5 cm Redding die setup and not any more money.

Have you found that the bushing dies are necessary? I ran a bushing in my 6.5 Creed, but not in my 6 Creed, and I feel that the quality of the loads are the same. That might be an apples to oranges comparison, but curious as to others experiences

Have you found that the bushing dies are necessary? I ran a bushing in my 6.5 Creed, but not in my 6 Creed, and I feel that the quality of the loads are the same. That might be an apples to oranges comparison, but curious as to others experiences
Bushing dies are helpful but aren't necessary if you are also using a mandrel to set neck tension. I have all bushing dies but really dont care if im using any certain size bushing as long as its under what my mandrel is, which is a neck turn mandrel for .002 neck tension.

Bullet Central sizing die is hard to beat. Expensive but nice.