• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 7mm 180 ELDM blow ups.

I only chronograph 1 it was doing 3086 ft that or the 190 Burger which one do you recommend past a mile
The 190 HYB Is fantastic.
It had better be for the price.

I’ll have the A tips tomorrow and should be able to try them next week.

The RDF seems to go a mile+ comfortably.

Just ordered one box of bergers to try and then if not I'll try the rdf. I figured I would try the 180 Hornet days since they were free I didn't expect that many blow ups they are junk I already emailed Hornady I want to see what they say

Loaded some 180 eldm's, oal 2.96 .that should put them about. 20 thousandths off got to 62.0 grains of h-1000 .I didn't hear or feel any crunching seating them but definitely could tell I couldn't get anymore in them .I can even hear powder move around in case. Anyone else see the same pattern

Loaded some 180 eldm's, oal 2.96 .that should put them about. 20 thousandths off got to 62.0 grains of h-1000 .I didn't hear or feel any crunching seating them but definitely could tell I couldn't get anymore in them .I can even hear powder move around in case. Anyone else see the same pattern

I could get about the same amount of H1000and 7977 in my ADG brass before the crunching started at mag length, 62.5 was an acceptable amount of crunch.
Thankfully R26 seems more dense and gets me plenty of speed without difficulties.

I may load up the rest of my ELDM’s with H1000 at my initial start load while shot excellent as a leisurely 2800 without them blowing.

I thought about slowing mind down to see if they blow but then what's the purpose I'm having the case capacity LOL

I could get about the same amount of H1000and 7977 in my ADG brass before the crunching started at mag length, 62.5 was an acceptable amount of crunch.
Thankfully R26 seems more dense and gets me plenty of speed without difficulties.

I may load up the rest of my ELDM’s with H1000 at my initial start load while shot excellent as a leisurely 2800 without them blowing.
Good to no .trying to get my adg brass shot alleast once without having to use rl -26 only got 2 pounds of it ,who knows when that will become available again

Good to no .trying to get my adg brass shot alleast once without having to use rl -26 only got 2 pounds of it ,who knows when that will become available again
Yea I once fired my brass with H1000,,,61 grains I think.
With R26 I’m using about 1.5-2 grains less powder to get Same speeds.

I shot 10 of them yesterday,,,4-5 of them popped.
I even dropped the speed to 2875.

If you want a cheaper 7mm heavy the 185 RDF’s are proving to be pretty decent.
I had pretty good results yesterday and today at 1930 yards.
Have you tried the RDFs in any other caliber? I’ve

I’ve heard on here from a couple different people that the 6 and 6.5s have been inconsistent
Can’t speak to the 6.5 but both the 105 and the 115s are rockstars in my opinion.

And I’ve got the 85 going 3380 in a 7 twist for 340k rpms with no blow ups yet at 200 rounds in so far.

Took the saum out today and test some more 180 's .
Used 4350 this time and the speed was quite a bit different from h1000.
Loaded from 56-58 grains, 56 grains had a velocity of 2770
58 had a velocity of 2915.
Looks like there is a node at 2830 and 2880
Try more next weekend
No blow ups

My buddy just got his saum and tried the 180 eldm and had no blow up with 50ish rds so far avg 2960 h1000. He said 1-8 twist krieger barrel

I max out at 62 grains with h1000 with a velocity of 2660 only a 24 " barrel. Throated long for a long action?
I was mid 64’s with H1000 loaded long and 180’s
I was at about 400 rounds I think when the eldm’s started blowing.
I’m well over a 1000 now and none of the other bullets are goin poof.

At 50 rounds of 180 eldm with a .280 ai going 2870. Barrel is a 1-9 with 700 rounds on it. No blow ups yet.

At 50 rounds of 180 eldm with a .280 ai going 2870. Barrel is a 1-9 with 700 rounds on it. No blow ups yet.
I had the same results for the 280 Ackley 1 and 9 twist 2780 no blow ups what is 7 mm Remington mag 1 1/8 at a 25 I think I had 20 blow ups

Took the 7 saum out today. Had some 180'sloaded up to 2900 velocity. Shot about 15 rounds in 10 minutes then I had 2 in a row blow up .was shooting at 800 they seemed to blow at about 700 yards

Not good. My buddy shot 50 yesterday with me at 1690 and didn't have 1 blow up at 2950 not sure how he got so lucky

First time running them over 2900 ,wonder if it's a lot number thing

Ran 50 at 2880. 1-9 twist barrel. Ran them hotter than I should have, as barrel was very hot at the end. Did not see any blowups. But there is a possible massive bc reduction in the 1-9

I run my 7SAUM at about 2930ish with the 180 eld’s and I haven’t had one pop yet. I’ve only got 100 or so rounds out of it so far. But I’m running a 26" 8.5 twist barrel.

I haven’t been keeping a spread sheet or anything, but it seems the blow ups are limited to a specific lot or lots, combined with a specific number of grooves in the barrel. 5R rifling seems to report the least blow ups. 3 and 4 groove seem to be the clear leader in the department.

Here’s a video I took I think two weeks ago.
180 ELDM’s at slightly reduced charge to get 2890 FPS
These were my first shots with that rifle that day so Absolutely cold Barrel.

On the third shot you can hear the sonic crack of the bullet stop really early.

Hopefully they straighten it out like the 147’s seem to have done.

The reticle in that video looks a lot like the reticle in my old favorite Sightron SIII.

Reactions: Steel head
Still not getting blow ups with the 1-9 at 2890, but the BC is trash. G7 .338, I believe because of the twist. The accuracy is good. going back to the 162.

My buddy with a 7mm Saum was having good luck with the 180 until today out of 12 shots he had nine blow up so he pulled them and switch to Sierra's

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
Hate to say it but I’m not surprised.
2 weeks ago had good luck with them at 1690. Today opened new box and popped like crazy. I gave him some 197 smk he found a good load in the saum 60 grain h1000 2780 avg es 11

Not trying to hijack. Had my first 338 285 ELD blow up today w a warm barrel. Going to shoot up the remaining and use Berger's. Should have learned my lesson w the 147 ELD.

Not trying to hijack. Had my first 338 285 ELD blow up today w a warm barrel. Going to shoot up the remaining and use Berger's. Should have learned my lesson w the 147 ELD.
Well on a side note I also shot my 300 Win Mag today at 1900 yards and I have three shots never had a splash I can't say 100% that I was having blow ups but my buddy was right next to me shooting his song and we could never see a splash and we moved closer and we realized with the sound he was having blowouts

Reactions: BCX
Well on a side note I also shot my 300 Win Mag today at 1900 yards and I have three shots never had a splash I can't say 100% that I was having blow ups but my buddy was right next to me shooting his song and we could never see a splash and we moved closer and we realized with the sound he was having blowouts
Yea you can hear the sonic crack disappear.

Any known issues w A-Tips in any calibers?

That’s a bit surprising and disheartening.
I really like the 285.
I had problems with the 147’s and 180’s.
I’m thinking it’s a batch problem as much as anything else because suddenly on getting a new supply I started having issues.
I’m shooting the rest of my 140’s quite fast and they’re doing ok still.
<<<<used to be a Hornandy bullet fan boy.

Reactions: Schw15
That's all I ever shot was hornaday really and I loved my 225 but it worries me with all the bullets blowing up