• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm PRC

7 PRC would be more efficient and inherently accurate, little less recoil, similar speeds with less powder, and you can get away from that damn belted magnum B.S. haha.
Can you explain why it's more Inherently accurate? And the belt you just headspace off the shoulder don't deal with it anymore

Reactions: OkayshooterSK2
The PRC’s a very well designed cartridge, therefore the cartridge to chamber interface is superior and that has alot to do with accuracy, probably most of it. But good interface can be attained in any cartridge with a good gunsmith who knows what they’re doing, most magnums saami specs are just so loose though (look at the 300 win mag) so it’s easier to be done with modern cartridges like the PRC. But in the design comes the efficiency of powder burn of the cartridge which aids in the accuracy as well. Not saying the Rem mag and others can’t be as accurate, but the PRC’s are just easier I think. The saami specs in these vs the Rem mags and win mags are just much tighter and better designed.

Can you explain why it's more Inherently accurate? And the belt you just headspace off the shoulder don't deal with it anymore
I got a buddy who shoots a 7 Rem and my dad shoots a 300 win mag and they both headspace like that and they are accurate rifles but they can still be finicky sometimes.

So possibly 7RM performance with a modern case design, should be fun with a factory 162/175/180.

I’m curious what the market analysis is on this. I get the impression that the 7mm in general occupies the middle ground popularity wise between the newish 6.5’s and the mid range 300 magnums. So I’m not sure this will take off like the other PRC cartridges since if a 6.5 won’t do it, most people will go straight to the 300.
That's pretty much what I'm seeing.
Longer than a 6.5 PRC, Shorter than a 300 PRC. Bold move, not sure it's going to have the same hype.

I guess I've never had any issue running 180 class bullets in a 24" 7mm Rem Mag at a comfortable 3050. Was hoping this would boost that with a more modern cartridge design From what I'm seeing...it looks like it's going to be about the same, which puts me personally...leaning back toward a 7-300 PRC instead. I guess this new 7 PRC might be best suited for the 190-200 class bullets that need that shorter case to seat long without robbing powder capacity.
IMO, the standard 7mm Rem Mag with modern powder and a fast twist, is remarkable with 180-185 class bullets. I've even had 190 Atips at 3000fps

That's pretty much what I'm seeing.
Longer than a 6.5 PRC, Shorter than a 300 PRC. Bold move, not sure it's going to have the same hype.

I guess I've never had any issue running 180 class bullets in a 24" 7mm Rem Mag at a comfortable 3050. Was hoping this would boost that with a more modern cartridge design From what I'm seeing...it looks like it's going to be about the same, which puts me personally...leaning back toward a 7-300 PRC instead. I guess this new 7 PRC might be best suited for the 190-200 class bullets that need that shorter case to seat long without robbing powder capacity.
IMO, the standard 7mm Rem Mag with modern powder and a fast twist, is remarkable with 180-185 class bullets. I've even had 190 Atips at 3000fps
If I already had a good shootin 7 Rem, I wouldn’t switch

I guess I've never seen any issues with the 7mm rem or 300 win mag accuracy. I shoot 7mm-300 win mag and super easy to tune. One of the easiest and accurate cases I've seen
I guess I've never seen any issues with the 7mm rem or 300 win mag accuracy. I shoot 7mm-300 win mag and super easy to tune. One of the easiest and accurate cases I've seen
Yeah I wasn’t trying to say they were inaccurate, the PRC’s just tend to be more accurate and precise more easily, from what I’ve seen. But I am FAR from an expert on big boy cartridges. I’m just one hell of a keyboard warrior! Haha

Yeah I wasn’t trying to say they were inaccurate, the PRC’s just tend to be more accurate and precise more easily, from what I’ve seen. But I am FAR from an expert on big boy cartridges. I’m just one hell of a keyboard warrior! Haha
No I understand I thought I would just see what your thoughts were. But I agree I can't wait to see this case in the wild. Haha yeah we all can get that way

If I already had a good shootin 7 Rem, I wouldn’t switch
When this barrel is toast, (and it's coming soon) I'm gonna need components (at least brass) anyway.

That's the only reason I've considered the LRM and the 7-300 PRC.
LRM doesn't have the industry/market support, which leans me towards the 7-300.

Attachments

• IMAG2728~2.jpg
    IMAG2728~2.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG2766.jpg
    IMAG2766.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 123
Honestly the 7saum with H1000 and 180s at 2950 from a 28" barrel is probably the best bet for staying in tune and low throat erosion. This 7prc will give same performance at same pressure from a 25-26" barrel. My 7-300prc will do it with a 22" barrel pretty easily as well. Top end with h1000 and 180hyb was 3050. I'm currently building a 7lrm with 26" 8.5tw bartlein carbon on a bat vampire. We tweaked the reamer a bit after I measured a bunch of adg made 7lrm brass. Went 002 over standard at the web area just like eveeyone is doing with 6.5 and 300 prc custom remaers. Went with 150 freebore, as the lrm has a ton of neck length.

Honestly the 7saum with H1000 and 180s at 2950 from a 28" barrel is probably the best bet for staying in tune and low throat erosion. This 7prc will give same performance at same pressure from a 25-26" barrel. My 7-300prc will do it with a 22" barrel pretty easily as well. Top end with h1000 and 180hyb was 3050. I'm currently building a 7lrm with 26" 8.5tw bartlein carbon on a bat vampire. We tweaked the reamer a bit after I measured a bunch of adg made 7lrm brass. Went 002 over standard at the web area just like eveeyone is doing with 6.5 and 300 prc custom remaers. Went with 150 freebore, as the lrm has a ton of neck length.
I'm interested in that 7lrm with that reamer hopefully it fixes that issues. I was thinking the 7 prc was going to be the 7 lrm UT guess they thought the smaller new design was better

Really? Ive found it to be superior to anything else in 300 or 65 prc. Or saum, 7mag, rum or 300wsm too. Adg brass does not suck. It's hard to find especially in certain chamberings, but that's the only bad part in my opinion. I will agree that the prc chambers need to be oversized by 002 at the web to work well with harder thicker brass. But v2n after 4-5 reloads on Horandy and lapua you have clickers and extraction issues. ADG it just shows up on 3rd firing.
Superior how?

I'm interested in that 7lrm with that reamer hopefully it fixes that issues. I was thinking the 7 prc was going to be the 7 lrm UT guess they thought the smaller new design was better
7LRM is no joke. Mine will push the 195s at 3000fps - although I back it off to ~2960...

Superior how?
I personally feel the case head and web area is a harder alloy. I tested lapua vs adg in my 6.5 and 7/300 prc. Lapua had slightly more capacity yet showed ejector and bolt lift 50-60fps sooner than adg. I will say lapua case neck thickness is more consistent. But after skim turning the high side off adg its similar. I run adg brass in all my magnum cartridges if it's available. My friend tested adg vs lapua in his 300 norma improved, found them to be near equals.

ADG brass sucks...
Well thats a BS statement.
I am running 5 firings on ADG brass in a 7mmRM sending 184 Bergers at 3015fps at sea level, I wouldnt call that a light load. The brass is still holding strong so far. The ADG brass is possibly the best brass I can find for that cartridge.

The saami 7prc. It's actually a dang near knock off of the 7 blaser mag thats a design back from 2011. The 300 & 338 blaser mag case dimensions were pretty much taken by Nosler when the 28/30/338 noslers came about. Nothing new here.......

Removed images, guess I wasn't supposed to be sharing them. @Gtscotty if you'd do the same over on accurate shooter I'd appreciate that. If not, whatevs
Sorry, didn't see the edit until now, I'm guessing it's OBE at this point with the SAAMI drawings out?

I am running 5 firings on ADG brass in a 7mmRM sending 184 Bergers at 3015fps at sea level, I wouldnt call that a light load. The brass is still holding strong so far. The ADG brass is possibly the best brass I can find for that cartridge.
Its not a BS statement, its my experience. I have ADG brass for a 6.5SST and the primer pockets are loose after one firing. Your experience may be different - but I don't really care. My sample size tells me that the brass isn't great... Kick rocks.

Its not a BS statement, its my experience. I have ADG brass for a 6.5SST and the primer pockets are loose after one firing. Your experience may be different - but I don't really care. My sample size tells me that the brass isn't great... Kick rocks.
a lot of that comes from running high loads on first firing (against Sherman recommendations) and the minor spec differences in the dimensions ADG made the brass too versus chamber dimensions

Last edited:
Reactions: mkollman74
a lot of that comes from running high loads on first firing (against Sherman recommendations) and the minor spec differences in the dimensions made the brass too versus chamber dimensions
I had the same issue on a 6.5 SAUM. Didn't matter what load I used, it was eating up brass fast. Come to find out that the reamer used was just a little bit out of spec to where the base of the case was blown out a couple thou too much. So it wasn't the brass's fault, more of the reamer that was spec was wrong.

I'm not high jacking this thread for a pissing contest. You probably should have used the words "in my opinion " or have some evidence to your statement.

Adg brass is some of the toughest brass made. I've used it alot and never had that issue. I know sherman and adg had some issues a while back with specs maybe that was the issue

Reactions: BCX and mkollman74
Five, thats kind of like saying you graduated from the kindygarden. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm not high jacking this thread for a pissing contest. You probably should have used the words "in my opinion " or have some evidence to your statement.

People even with room temperature I.Qs should understand what an opinion is without needing it labeled as opinion. His opinion and experience differing from yours doesnt make it a BS statement. If it wasn't true, that would make it a BS statement. As it is, i am pretty sure we saw some reports there for a short time about ADG pockets not lasting well for certain cartridges.

Adg seems to have relatively bad qc compared to lapua. It seems the toughness between the different cartridges are not consistent. Some people have great luck with it others blow out the primer pockets in a few firings. As Erik cortina says if lapua doesn’t make brass for it don’t shoot it. I still fell lapua is the gold standard for brass.

Adg seems to have relatively bad qc compared to lapua. It seems the toughness between the different cartridges are not consistent. Some people have great luck with it others blow out the primer pockets in a few firings. As Erik cortina says if lapua doesn’t make brass for it don’t shoot it. I still fell lapua is the gold standard for brass.
The only people who've blown out the primers on adg within a few firings are guys running sherman wildcats at stupid high Sherman advertised pressure. I've never lost a primer pocket on adg magnum case head brass at sane pressures.

Reactions: gregsjt
i haved used ADG rsaum and WSM brass and it is phenomenal brass, i am comparing to Remington, norma, hornady, and bertram

alpha ocd is the toughest shit ever used......and if they jump into magnum brass, watch out...probbaly use same brass for 3-4 barrels and might need tighter re sizing dies

anybody know the h2o capacity of this new PRC case?? looks like 8x gr h2o??

I think this round will have a lot going for it. People obsess on ballistics with bonus points for originality, but it delivers on logistics which is way more meaningful in my book.

As a lover of the 7 wsm it makes me think is the 7 prc going to out perform the 7 wsm in a xm or long action? How can this have less case capacity than the 7 wsm with it being a decent bit longer.

Reactions: cast10k
Smaller diameter, .533 vs .556 of the wsm, maybe

i don’t see how it will outperform the wsm

Until you measure capacity of a piece of brass from a specific manufacturer for both it's pretty hard to compare.

7 PRC will be a success, if you can fireform it from 6,5 PRC Lapua.

6,5 PRC is a overbore, but 7 PRC will probable be between 284WIN and 7 SAUM by volume, but for Short Action and Magnum bolt face. But 7 SAUM brass is expencive and hard to find.

And the brass (at least 6,5 PRC for now) is produced by a lot of companies, with the main star Lapua.

6,5 PRC is a overbore, but 7 PRC will probable be between 284WIN and 7 SAUM by volume, but for Short Action and Magnum bolt face. But 7 SAUM brass is expencive and hard to find.

And the brass (at least 6,5 PRC for now) is produced by a lot of companies, with the main star Lapua.
The 7prc will be larger than a saum. The 65prc is just slightly different from less. 7prc will be around 80-82gr capacity. The 65 is 70, 300 is 96.

6.5 PRC and 7mm PRC drawings are linked earlier in the thread, the 7 isn't based on a necked up 6.5. I don't see forming the 7 from the 6.5, you'd have to move the shoulder forward .3" and you'd still wind up with a case a quarter inch short.

Funny thing F Class John just necked up a 6.5 PRC case to 7mm the other day and called it 7 PRC.

6.5 PRC, 7 PRC, whatever it takes.

Funny thing F Class John just necked up a 6.5 PRC case to 7mm the other day and called it 7 PRC.
Now that there is a 7mm PRC SAAMI standard, I reckon that would be more accurately termed the 7mm-6.5 PRC. Effectively, it's very nearly a 7 SAUM though right?

Now that there is a 7mm PRC SAAMI standard, I reckon that would be more accurately termed the 7mm-6.5 PRC. Effectively, it's very nearly a 7 SAUM though right?

yes, and no, not as much capacity as saum...7-6.5prc about 70 and saum 73 gr h2O

with 30" bbl and 4350 or n555 they get 2900 plus with a case nearly full vs saum being less full to do the same....mag bolt face (and non rebated rim) to handle same pressure as 284 standard bolt face.......... none of this matters if cant call the wind....

7 sherman short is very similar and with RL 23 is a good combo

Last edited:
PRC has Lapua, Peterson, and ADG and hornady making brass now for 6.5 prc, i believe ADG is only saum maker.....

Just get a 28 nosler.
Rather not deal with Nosler brass. Everytime I have used Nosler brass, they have been really soft and don't last more then a couple of firings. Same thing goes with Hornady, and Federal brass, all junk IMO.

Peterson and adg make brass for it. Or you could do a 28 Sherman using 300prc brass. Lapua makes it now.

Rather not deal with Nosler brass. Everytime I have used Nosler brass, they have been really soft and don't last more then a couple of firings. Same thing goes with Hornady, and Federal brass, all junk IMO.

I always shit on Nosler myself but Im on 7x of a small lot of 7 SAUM and so far so good, got 8x with shitty Gen 1 Hornady 6.5 SAUM brass.

Just a bit less than a SAUM but if it’s just a necked up 6.5 then the clicker issue will still be there. I will be interested to see if that issue comes into play with the new 7.