• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7mm wsm or 7mm saum

Re: 7mm wsm or 7mm saum

either one is an awesome round
id go with the one you can get brass for
i shoot the saum my barrel maker shoots the wsm

Re: 7mm wsm or 7mm saum

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see 7MM WSM more often in stores, that would be my choice based on availability. </div></div>

From most accounts I have found, the WSM is harder on barrels. That means its cost per round is higher since you will have to replace the barrel sooner. It also uses more powder so the reloading costs are higher. The 7 SAUM is also a true short action round whereas the WSM is not (true short action length means cheaper and more available actions). Check the SAMMI COAL for them and you'll see what I mean.

I am a little biased since I have a 300 SAUM myself. A very good friend and shooting buddy has a couple of the WSMs (a 270 and a 300) and they are great cartridges if you have to go "factory" for the gun and ammo.

tater