• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8.6 BLK, The Caliber For Advanced Years.

If you're talking about the Fix, then you are deluded by the Q. There are plenty of <$1000 rifles that can do anything the Fix can do. It's just weighs less... BFD. Seriously, 6.5CM, .260 Remington, etc., etc. There are many that fill this space.
8.6mm rifle, whatever at less than 2800fps, is not interesting and is not worth $1, to most on this forum.
From the unearned arrogance in the majority of comments I get. My guess is there are quite a few BR shooters here. For the most part, you exist where rifles are modified to resist your lack of being able to feel a properly squeezed trigger. Heaven forbid you encounter ANY recoil or have to shoot in any position besides your bench. I am not even going to get into field craft or your poor chances of blending in anywhere besides a gay bar. The others are Cav Scouts and pipe fitters.......the lowest of the low.

From the unearned arrogance in the majority of comments I get. My guess is there are quite a few BR shooters here. For the most part, you exist where rifles are modified to resist your lack of being able to feel a properly squeezed trigger. Heaven forbid you encounter ANY recoil or have to shoot in any position besides your bench. I am not even going to get into field craft or your poor chances of blending in anywhere besides a gay bar. The others are Cav Scouts and pipe fitters.......the lowest of the low.
Come on, man! I'm giving you my opinion of a rifle and all you can do is hurl insults. You hut my wittle feewings. Lol
Like I said, it's more about the person, behind the rifle than the rifle. You're thinking is that if a person buys a $20,000.00 Les Paul Reissue, he/she should play like Jimmy Page, or Slash, or Zakk Wylde, or whoever your guitar hero is. Fact is, any of those guys could play a $100 pawn shop beater and sound awesome. You're a sandlot player, trying to pitch in the majors. That dog won't hunt, so slither back into the Phillipino cesspool you came from and never come back.

Last edited:
Come on, man! I'm giving you my opinion of a rifle and all you can do is hurl insults. You hut my wittle feewings. Lol
Like I said, it's more about the person, behind the rifle than the rifle. You're thinking is that if a person buys a $20,000.00 Les Paul Reissue, he/she should play like Jimmy Page, or Slash, or Zakk Wylde, or whoever your guitar hero is. Fact is, any of those guys could play a $100 pawn shop beater and sound awesome. You're a sandlot player, trying to pitch in the majors. That dog won't hunt, so slither back into the Phillipino cesspool you came from and never come back.
Admit it. You are a scout.

A0473744-0CDA-4FE1-8153-A934BFC4BAC6.jpeg

scouts are the millwrights of the military. They get every school and cant apply shit........the comment about it all being about the gun was not about performance, as I prefaced that by speaking of the passion of gun enthusiasts.
Nobody makes you read my posts and it seems you cant help yourself.

scouts are the millwrights of the military. They get every school and cant apply shit........the comment about it all being about the gun was not about performance, as I prefaced that by speaking of the passion of gun enthusiasts.
What I'm telling you, is this crew doesn't give two craps what gun you shoot. I may have mentioned one of mine a few times, but they don't care, unless you put it out there, in the correct forum. You made a mistake and did not humble yourself, repent and make the correction. That makes you detestable, here. You can shoot Red Ryder and no one here would care. The fundamentals are the same. You are foolishly arrogant and have ripped your drawers for ever being a part. Be a man and do the honorable thing and excuse yourself from this forum.

Reactions: 308pirate
I, for one, would really love it if we could break into a discussion about fieldcraft, I think that would really take this set of threads into legend status.

But like you say, we’re all a bunch of benchrest shooters, who hate recoil, and can’t work in field conditions, especially those guys the do the ELR shoots…what a bunch of unqualified amateurs…we probably couldn’t hold with your tactical prowess

What I'm telling you, is this crew doesn't give two craps what gun you shoot. I may have mentioned one of mine a few times, but they don't care, unless you put it out there, in the correct forum. You made a mistake and did not humble yourself, repent and make the correction. That makes you detestable, here. You can shoot Red Ryder and no one here would care. The fundamentals are the same. You are foolishly arrogant and have ripped your drawers for ever being a part. Be a man and do the honorable thing and excuse yourself from this
Says the hiding coward.

Says the hiding coward.
It's an online forum. Coward, or not, can you post without name calling or insults? I really don't think you have the three digit IQ to make it happen. That's not an insult, but an observation.

It's an online forum. Coward, or not, can you post without name calling or insults? I really don't think you have the three digit IQ to make it happen. That's not an insult, but an observation.
I can not only post without being insulting, I would welcome it. I would think that anyone becoming cordial with me will have to face "the crew".

What I'm telling you, is this crew doesn't give two craps what gun you shoot. I may have mentioned one of mine a few times, but they don't care, unless you put it out there, in the correct forum. You made a mistake and did not humble yourself, repent and make the correction. That makes you detestable, here. You can shoot Red Ryder and no one here would care. The fundamentals are the same. You are foolishly arrogant and have ripped your drawers for ever being a part. Be a man and do the honorable thing and excuse yourself from this forum.
Read this one, again and take it to heart.

I can not only post without being insulting, I would welcome it. I would think that anyone becoming cordial with me will have to face "the crew".
I replied to you in your last train wreck of a thread, a couple of times.

You were too chicken to respond.

I stand by every word I typed, and would gladly say them to your face. You're not scary or unique.

You are a coward, a bully and a somewhat mentally challenged human.

That's not named calling either just for clarity. I know your kinda slow, those words are identifying what you are. It's kinda sad really. They describe facets of your personality.

Again, above you spoke poorly of pipe fitters and millwrights for example.

I doubt you are capable of either job. Both require intelligence, common sense and a mechanical apptitude far above many vocations. And a critical understanding of complex skill sets that are tested out.

My guess is you either were kicked out of the trades, or you were pushed out for being....you.

I've worked around dozens and dozens of those folks. None of them talk like you have here. Period.

And I don't think they accept sister-fuckers either.

Last edited:
Says the hiding coward.
What would you like, an address for your google maps?

A GPS location for you TomTom?

A map grid because your gonna hump it here and be all tactical and shit?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Be honest now, I am needing clarity. I'll be around for awhile and have a ton of spare time. He'll, let's just pull that thread and see what we can make happen.

Reactions: 308pirate
Read this one, again and take it to heart.
With all of the off topic banter within both threads, I can see where the repenting would be overlooked. Perhaps, my attempt was not sufficient.
Since I have your attention, I did not read the rules and assumed that most are like most. I should have paid more attention to how I expressed my situation. I was a bit shaken by the difficulty in supporting 6.5 and looking for better ground. I honestly could not find the delete button or the thread would have been put to bed by breakfast. Especially when I visited the PX and realized that it is a paid privilege. Then I saw why it was a legit big deal and not the busy bodies I assumed.
Most likely, if I were not being ganged up on for anything that was at hand or retrieved, I would have been more incline to focus on the mistake; I honestly was open to and am now keeping the 6.5. It ads value to the rifle in the end and the extension is not sold alone, as far as I know. I like that I can build anything that feeds out of AR10 mags!!!
So, I am sorry that I was not more careful than risk breaking the rules.
If there is a rule about deviating from Post subject, there needs to be dozens of members joining me in making an apology for not respecting the rules.

What would you like, an address for your google maps?

A GPS location for you TomTom?

A map grid because your gonna hump it here and be all tactical and shit?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Be honest now, I am needing clarity.
Why do you all give a meeting point most convenient for yourself and most difficult for the person you challenge and think you are being sincere?!? We all know Pratt Park and if you refuse to advance, why is YOUR challenge have more weight? List your reasons for all to see. No more insults or distractions from me. We are going to play my game now.

With all of the off topic banter within both threads, I can see where the repenting would be overlooked. Perhaps, my attempt was not sufficient.
Since I have your attention, I did not read the rules and assumed that most are like most. I should have paid more attention to how I expressed my situation. I was a bit shaken by the difficulty in supporting 6.5 and looking for better ground. I honestly could not find the delete button or the thread would have been put to bed by breakfast. Especially when I visited the PX and realized that it is a paid privilege. Then I saw why it was a legit big deal and not the busy bodies I assumed.
Most likely, if I were not being ganged up on for anything that was at hand or retrieved, I would have been more incline to focus on the mistake; I honestly was open to and am now keeping the 6.5. It ads value to the rifle in the end and the extension is not sold alone, as far as I know. I like that I can build anything that feeds out of AR10 mags!!!
So, I am sorry that I was not more careful than risk breaking the rules.
If there is a rule about deviating from Post subject, there needs to be dozens of members joining me in making an apology for not respecting the rules.
😂😅😆😅😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😅😅😅😅😆😆😆😆😆😆.

I ESPECIALLY, (in caps for you) like the last part.

Why do you all give a meeting point most convenient for yourself and most difficult for the person you challenge and think you are being sincere?!? We all know Pratt Park and if you refuse to advance, why is YOUR challenge have more weight? List your reasons for all to see. No more insults or distractions from me. We are going to play my game now.
dontgetitmeme.jpg

You're the one that was threatening folks bub. You ain't backing away from that.

Like I posted earlier, you're a bully and a coward. If you want to punch someone ill post my mailbox for you to find. Apparently you feel the need, so I'm offering to help you out. Pretty simple isn't it?

I'm offering my face for you to punch, free of charge. I'm not driving home with A fat lip dumbass, so yeah, you are coming to me.

Maybe we can take up A collection for gas money. #brokeassedfacepuncher

Again, your not scary or unique. You are just dumb sadly.

Last edited:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Jud-baby, I am starting to feel sorry for you man. Like, we’re abusing a kitten or something-uncomfortable.

Set down the internet device and go for a long walk in the cool air. This issue isn’t important to you or us, but is rather serving as a proxy for an internal-Jud conflict.

These are not the forums you were looking for (Obi-Wan Kenobi waving hand).

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Please tell me you didn't kill Mountain gorillas.

I really like those. 😎

Gunny Hartman, is that you?!?!?

Jud-baby, I am starting to feel sorry for you man. Like, we’re abusing a kitten or something-uncomfortable.

Set down the internet device and go for a long walk in the cool air. This issue isn’t important to you or us, but is rather serving as a proxy for an internal-Jud conflict.

These are not the forums you were looking for (Obi-Wan Kenobi waving hand).
He'll never understand the internal conflict reference dude.

But yes.

Reactions: carbonbased
1623533085544.png

P.S. - I've always loved the people wanting some giant magnum caliber on a rifle that was designed to weigh basically nothing.

He'll never understand the internal conflict reference dude.

But yes.
He might. Remember the forum posting of his that @THEIS dug up about his loveless marriage to his sister-like wife? I mean, obviously he’s hurting.

Judtastic, quit hating yourself and get some meds. Your brain is squirming like a toad. I mean this in a helpful way.

Reactions: silentwoods
But can you bench 301? Do you have more than 200 bow kills? How many years working concrete?

groundhog day?

$5k each, 20 shots @ 1000 yards in 30 seconds, winner take all!

Reactions: Texasflyer
Did you even research what the couple main focuses are on this site??? BR isn't really a high priority.

Reactions: BLEE
So your accusing him of being useless after alot of schools... did you read your own LinkedIn skill set

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-155541_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606-155541_Chrome.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 161
The Ass in the Lion's Skin

An Ass found a Lion's skin left in the forest by a hunter. He dressed himself in it, and amused himself by hiding in a thicket and rushing out suddenly at the animals who passed that way. All took to their heels the moment they saw him.

The Ass was so pleased to see the animals running away from him, just as if he were King Lion himself, that he could not keep from expressing his delight by a loud, harsh bray. A Fox, who ran with the rest, stopped short as soon as he heard the voice. Approaching the Ass, he said with a laugh:

"If you had kept your mouth shut you might have frightened me, too. But you gave yourself away with that silly bray."

So somebody renamed a subsonic load for the .338 Federal and now thinks they are the coolest cat in the west?

.338 Federal, go supersonic if you want, or go subsonic if you want.

Might want to rethink some of your statements tough guy. Some of us here work for companies that could buy Mr. Brighthams entire existence with change rattling around in the ashtray.

You keep prattling on about how shitty of a community this is. Are you aware that the very company you keep lusting on IS a member here?

Since you acknowledge how brilliant Mr. Brightham is, ever stop to think about maybe there is a reason why he hasn’t officially offered 8.6 BLK commercially yet? Perhaps details like engraving forces and jacket disruption a 1-3 twist barrel imparts on a cup and core bullet is not ideal. Or that .338 dia bullets are mainly designed to operate at velocities higher than 8.6BLK unless you want it to solely function like a fmj projectile.

What about the big one that Mr. Brightham has even said himself. 1-3 twist is too extreme and has a high failure rate manufacturing the barrels in the first place. Yet your telling us your gonna get it done anyway. So your saying now your even smarter than Q rifles?
F3996664-AC96-4BF4-8CB1-DD2154F35689.gif