• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

9mm Handgun brass, which is the better brand?

Kalman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, TX
Once fired Federal Champion, or once fired winchester? Going to buy another 500 or so factory rounds in a day or two, and will probably reload this brass. Just curious which ya'll thought was the better brass. The price for the unfired rounds is the same.

Re: 9mm Handgun brass, which is the better brand?

Eh? Whichever they'll ship first. It'll last for several reloadings.

No difference that I've found....whichever is the best deal.

Ok, that's what I figured. Both are the same price same pretty much everything. If there was some difference then I'd go one way or the other, but doesn't look like there is so I'll just pick which box I like better I suppose.

I just mess with 9mm to see how hot I can load it.
I think all the brands have .16" thick webs.

Starline Brass is cheaper than the others for new, but battlefield pickups work just fine unless you are trying to wring the last few FPS of SD out of your load.

I get it from a local PD friend by the bucket load.

Yeah, when I was reloading .45 ACP, I just picked up range brass. Not a problem. Every one in a while I'd have to throw one away when the case mouth split during bullet insertion. No big deal.

the ground is your friend...

If you are really worried about it get a drop tester like this one:dillon drop test gauge

if your rounds fall in and out easily they are GTG, if they stick, throw them in a separate pile and either shoot them expecting a FTE/FTF, pull the components and trash the brass, or throw them away.

Winchester!

I'd just as soon leave Federal lay on the ground.

But, I only load, and shoot around 10K of handgun ammo a year.