• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

My trickler wouldn't stop walking across my table. The walking was only limited by the hole I drilled in the wind screen. Once the trickler hit the screen it would rattle and effect how the trickler dispensed extruded powder. The adjustment wheel at an angle is loose enough to act like a roller. I switched to the 419 base which necessitates switching back to the 419 tray and cup as well as drilling a new hole in the extra wind screen.

The V3 trickler base isn't assembled quite the same as V2. The trickler body is attached using 1/16 hex fasteners and the only way to get them out is a ball driver. To access the third screw I had to notch the base because the brass threaded insert blocks the assembly hole. Getting the screws back into the 419 base requires a 5" long 1/16 ball driver or replacement of the screws with cross tip fasteners. All in all it probably took me 30 minutes. The 419 base wasn't assembled correctly so I had to fiddle with that too. The new base is heavy enough not to walk.

I haven’t had any issues with my V3 trickler base walking...what kind of surface is yours sitting on?

Reactions: jetsurgeon
No problem, my cover arrived this morning, and I am impressed for sure. One thing of note is that if you upgrade to the Area 419 hopper the cover will be to short, I am not sure if I will ever get the Area 419 hopper (it would not fit under the shelf over my bench if I did), and if I do I guess I could sell the cover and get another one that would be long enough.

My covers arrived yesterday. The quality and fit is excellent!

IMG_3902.jpgIMG_3903.jpg

Reactions: ed308
I KNEW it wasn't going to work with vv n570 even though Adam emailed me and told me "one of every 10-20 throws" may get bound up. Anybody who has actually used much of that stuff knows that "firewood" is an apt term for the kernels and it will be VERY surprising if anybody makes a dispenser that can cut a kernel or that will not bind up on one.

Doubt n570 is on chopping block for discontinuation. It's just hard to find in stock and when you do you better jump. That's why I have over 30# on hand. :)

HAHAHA firewood is a good term for it.

Just learned CE will not ship to CA, due to Canadian business + CA tax laws not being fun. Ended up going to DWS and they qouted me 2ish weeks. Can't wait.

Reactions: jetsurgeon
Guys can anybody give me the total height of the fx120 with the V3 auto throw mounted?

Bench to top of powder hopper 18 inches and that’s with area419 hopper and clear scale top

I have a strange issue and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. I don't think it is specifically caused by the AT but it is related. I have noticed calibration differences with the various aftermarket lids; they are causing my scale to read low. When I first bought the Area 419 clear lif I noticed my previously measured weights for the cups was off by .04gr to .08gr. I chalked it up to the scale settling since it was such a small amount. However, I bought a new lid from another manufacturer and now the scale reads a full grain low. If I lift up the lid (either of the two clear lids) the cup weights go back to the exact zero. The factory lid does not do it. I can repeat the error at will and there is nothing touch the scale or enclosure.

Anyone seen this? I hate the factory lid and would prefer to use the clear options. I have read through all of the manuals and don't see any mention. The scale is properly calibrated using a calibration weight.

There's a very good chance it's static electricity buildup, it's rather common with plastic shields for scales.

Try getting some anti-static endust spray and then spray and wipe down all the plastic pieces near the scale platform and also the scale itself and the powder cup... you'll probably see the issue go away.

My old chargemaster was notorious for this with the clear plastic lid / draft shield that sat very close to the scale platform... you could watch the scale reading change as you opened and closed the plastic lid / draft shield... you'd close the lid and the weight reading would decrease as the statically charged plastic draft shield would slightly "lift" the scale platform. Made for some interesting load development head scratchers before I noticed the problem.

After a full wipe-down with anti-static endust there was no change in weight between shield closed and shield opened.

You can use a dryer sheet too, but it's likely to scratch the clear plastic draft shields. Anti-static endust wiped on and off with a microfiber won't scratch the clear plastic.

The static buildup with non-conductive plastic parts causing false scale readings with my old Chargemaster is the main reason why when I built my own servo controlled Harrell's bulk thrower to integrate with the Auto Trickler that I placed the scale in a rather large enclosure and made sure any pieces that came near the scale platform were conductive to dissipate static (metal drop tube, metal powder cup, and metal tabs on the scale platform to locate the powder cup)... didn't want to tempt static related drift and errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cascade Hemi
There's a very good chance it's static electricity buildup, it's rather common with plastic shields for scales.

Try getting some anti-static endust spray and then spray and wipe down all the plastic pieces near the scale platform and also the scale itself and the powder cup... you'll probably see the issue go away.

My old chargemaster was notorious for this with the clear plastic lid / draft shield that sat very close to the scale platform... you could watch the scale reading change as you opened and closed the plastic lid / draft shield... you'd close the lid and the weight reading would decrease as the statically charged plastic draft shield would slightly "lift" the scale platform. Made for some interesting load development head scratchers before I noticed the problem.

After a full wipe-down with anti-static endust there was no change in weight between shield closed and shield opened.

You can use a dryer sheet too, but it's likely to scratch the clear plastic draft shields. Anti-static endust wiped on and off with a microfiber won't scratch the clear plastic.

The static buildup with non-conductive plastic parts causing false scale readings with my old Chargemaster is the main reason why when I built my own servo controlled Harrell's bulk thrower to integrate with the Auto Trickler that I placed the scale in a rather large enclosure and made sure any pieces that came near the scale platform were conductive to dissipate static (metal drop tube, metal powder cup, and metal tabs on the scale platform to locate the powder cup)... didn't want to tempt static related drift and errors.

You're right. I found some older posts discussing it right after I posted the question. I sprayed both lids with Static Guard and the problem went away immediately.

Thanks.