• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i labscale reloading upgrade with V2 auto trickler review.

Of you guys with the V3 already set-up, what’s the approximate height of it? I’m currently rebuilding my reloading bench and want enough clearance under the shelves once I get mine in. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Backcountryguy
Does a power conditioner make any noticeable difference? Messing around with the scale i noticed that my calibration weight would drift from 100.000 to 100.003. I know it ain't much, but from what I read doesnt seem to be normal for it to do that.

I have to turn my AC up so the fan turns off. Any glowing air will fuck with it.

Hopefully mine will ship soon! Placed my order 8/28
Based off of the timeline they described to me when I called last week your order should be shipping by the end of the month. Estimated lead times was 7-8 weeks from date ordered.

Based off of the timeline they described to me when I called last week your order should be shipping by the end of the month. Estimated lead times was 7-8 weeks from date ordered.
I got my invoice yesterday to complete my order no shipping notification yet but hopefully it will ship tomorrow or first of next week

Reactions: JW74
I would say mid December.

Not sure if you have the V3 Auto Throw and the Bluetooth board. Worth the expense if you don't. I used my system yesterday to load some 6.5 CM test loads while watching the a boring football game last night. The V3 Auto Throw/Trickler with the new Bluetooth board is a pleasure to use. Setting the amount to throw is really easy with the new BT board. Just a couple of key strokes on a my iPad or phone and I'm done. Before the BT Board, changing the throw weight on the scale was more complicated and took time.

I use this system in combination with a Dillon 550 press with floating tool heads, manual powder drop through an Area 419 powder funnel and their adapter nozzle that fits Dillon powder dies. My A&D Fx scales takes 10 -15 seconds to throw and trickle the charge. After I dump the powder and replace the pan, the scale is throwing the next charge while I seat bullet and add another case in the press. By the time I cycle the press, the scale has completed the throws and trickle.

I bought my Dillon 550 specifically for this setup and find it producing rounds that are just as accurate as the single stage presses I've used in the past. But I'm thinking now I could've used my 650 in a similar way and still have the Powder Check system which I really like. Might give it a try one day.

Last edited:
Yep. But the time is dependent on how close you set the Auto Throw to the amount you are charging. Let's say you are charging a case at 40.0. If you set the Auto Throw to 38.5 and it can throw and trickle up to that amount that fast. But some throws can take longer. When you set the pan down, the Auto Throw and Auto Trickler only start after the scale resets to zero. If you have some air movement around the scale, it can longer for the scale to reset to zero before starting the process. Sometimes I just hit zero to start the process. It's fast. Much faster than my Chargemaster 1500.

Last edited:
I have been running the original Autotrickler for more than two years. When the Autoloader came out, upgraded. Then Area 419 came out with some great enhancements. Now the next Generation with Bluetooth is out and absolutely super.
Before the Autoloader, took me 1 1/2 -2 hours to powder charge 50 precision rounds. Now I can prime / charge / seat / box 50 rounds in under 45 minutes. Thank Adam for a great product. If you don't have one, and are serious about precision reloading ---GET ONE...

Reactions: ed308
The original Autotrickler with Lee powder measure cups still works for me. The upgrade in a letter to Santa this year!

Ordered mine on 9/5 and have had it for a few days.

Also ordered the full setup from fx to see which one shipped first.

Both at about the same time ?. So I guess I’m gonna run 2 and power load.

I have been running the original Autotrickler for more than two years. When the Autoloader came out, upgraded. Then Area 419 came out with some great enhancements. Now the next Generation with Bluetooth is out and absolutely super.
Before the Autoloader, took me 1 1/2 -2 hours to powder charge 50 precision rounds. Now I can prime / charge / seat / box 50 rounds in under 45 minutes. Thank Adam for a great product. If you don't have one, and are serious about precision reloading ---GET ONE...

2 hours to charge 50 rounds? Are you a Democrat or something?

I ordered from Cambridge Environmental on 9/5 and received notification this morning that they had received my components from Autotrickler.com and my purchase is ready to be shipped out. Can't wait to try it out!

Reactions: 4066.5 and CV_Ag
I’m not sure which components make the big difference in the V3, but mine is now much, much more consistent and much faster than my v2.

Got tracking info for my order placed with DWS on 19 September. Looks like the person above me got in on the same batch ?

I got my V3 and I love it. The speed and precision is amazing so far. Only problem I'm having is with VV N-570 which is a huge, chunky log of a powder, and the autothrow does not like it at all. Every 2 or 3 throws it will bind and lockup the throw and I have to manually cycle it so it will cut a kernel. The steppers don't have the torque to deal with chunky powders. N570 is the exception, and is no longer being produced but I love the results and velocities out of 338LM. I'll just manually throw on am RCBS measure and trickle on the V3. Other than that, I love the setup. Worth the price in time saved alone.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Just saw this well too late now.Also want to say you guys have great customer service Thanks great to deal with

Is this promotion still valid? I just received my V3 (which has the scale) last week. Am I too late to send it in? Do I send the CE invoice that shows the entire kit (even though it's only applicable to the balance)?

Is this promotion still valid? I just received my V3 (which has the scale) last week. Am I too late to send it in? Do I send the CE invoice that shows the entire kit (even though it's only applicable to the balance)?

Flyer says expired in March 2018

I got my V3 and I love it. The speed and precision is amazing so far. Only problem I'm having is with VV N-570 which is a huge, chunky log of a powder, and the autothrow does not like it at all. Every 2 or 3 throws it will bind and lockup the throw and I have to manually cycle it so it will cut a kernel. The steppers don't have the torque to deal with chunky powders. N570 is the exception, and is no longer being produced but I love the results and velocities out of 338LM. I'll just manually throw on am RCBS measure and trickle on the V3. Other than that, I love the setup. Worth the price in time saved alone.

Interesting, as I specifically asked Adam about the larger kernels of powder, N570, Retumbo and H1000 being able to be used and his reply was that was all remedied. Anyone else having a problem, I haven’t had the time to set mine up yet (V3)
N570 no longer being produced,,,,,,interesting as I have 20 pounds in transit as we speak, both midway and midsouth just had it in stock and a few months before that I picked some up from another online source

Reactions: secondofangle2
My V3 stumbled once when trying to make a throw. It occurred on the first throw for a reloading session. Little push and no more problems. Can't recall the powder but it may have been H4350.

Got my V3 setup and ran into a problem. Was getting weights for the cup that were all over the place. Sometimes even by a grain. Called DWS and was told to remove the handle to the shot glass because its be known to build up static electricity. Now it lives up to the hype and works like a dream.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Interesting, as I specifically asked Adam about the larger kernels of powder, N570, Retumbo and H1000 being able to be used and his reply was that was all remedied. Anyone else having a problem, I haven’t had the time to set mine up yet (V3)
N570 no longer being produced,,,,,,interesting as I have 20 pounds in transit as we speak, both midway and midsouth just had it in stock and a few months before that I picked some up from another online source
If a kernel of N570 is caught, it will bind and the stepper can't push through and binds. It does it every 2 or 3 throws consistently. The stepper/servo is not strong enough to power through and cut the kernel. It also bridges very easily in the throat but this powder will bridge in a 4 inch sewer pipe so not a fault of the thrower.

I thought VV discontinued the powder. PV was out last time I checked. I think VV is trying to push N-565 now. Really love the powder and only have 12 pounds of it left. 338LM absolutely loves this shit and gives great velocity with less pressure. Also takes a blowtorch to light but 215m's do just fine. I'll try to find the article. NVM, it seems it might still be in production, but none of it has made it into the country due to some DOT issue according to another forum. They are pushing their new N565 though, apparently similar but with anti-fouling agents.

Last edited:
Got my unit, but will have to hold off on getting it set up until after my bench gets rebuilt. I am running low on space. I did plug it in and turn it on and weigh some things though ?

My V3 setup arrived today. Looking forward to setting it up and using it tomorrow!

Update Nov 10th: I got everything setup and loaded my first 100 rounds this weekend. Everything worked great after some initial adjusting and tweaking. I plan to add the A419 clear top. I was throwing 41.1 grains of H4350 and was within the 0.02 grain tolerances on almost all but 2 or 3 of the 100 throws. I was able to charge 50 rounds in about 20 minutes, I think I was 35 minutes total to prime, charge and seat bullets for 50 rounds.

Does anyone know if there is a preferred dust cover that goes over the scale and thrower when not in use?

IMG_3791.jpg

Last edited:
Just received the glorious email that my order is ready from ceproducts. Now to go clean some room off the bench.

For anybody that's as anxious as I was.
I sent 2 emails and 2 voice mails asking for updates or estimates to determine if I should order elsewhere. No replies .

Ordered full kit w/ the fx120i from ceproducts on 9/22 received the email today that it's ready for shipment .. 57 days.

My V3 setup arrived today. Looking forward to setting it up and using it tomorrow!

Update Nov 10th: I got everything setup and loaded my first 100 rounds this weekend. Everything worked great after some initial adjusting and tweaking. I plan to add the A419 clear top. I was throwing 41.1 grains of H4350 and was within the 0.02 grain tolerances on almost all but 2 or 3 of the 100 throws. I was able to charge 50 rounds in about 20 minutes, I think I was 35 minutes total to prime, charge and seat bullets for 50 rounds.

Does anyone know if there is a preferred dust cover that goes over the scale and thrower when not in use?

I got some from Stan (BigBamBoo) over on accurate shooter. I'll PM you, I am not sure its ok to link it directly here.

Just received the glorious email that my order is ready from ceproducts. Now to go clean some room off the bench.

For anybody that's as anxious as I was.
I sent 2 emails and 2 voice mails asking for updates or estimates to determine if I should order elsewhere. No replies .

Ordered full kit w/ the fx120i from ceproducts on 9/22 received the email today that it's ready for shipment .. 57 days.

Looks like ceproducts and DWS are on about the same shipping schedule. I finally got around to getting my unit set up and tested, I am very impressed so far ?

Nice looking setup. I'm curious about a cover also. I would recommend the area419 cup- no static.

I got some from Stan (BigBamBoo) over on accurate shooter. I'll PM you, I am not sure its ok to link it directly here.

Looks like ceproducts and DWS are on about the same shipping schedule. I finally got around to getting my unit set up and tested, I am very impressed so far ?
Nice !! I can't wait , using a FA pocket scale right now and trickling the whole load for 223/ 9mm / and 380. Finally can start development on my 6.5ReEemoor and 300wm.

As for cover @JW74 I'm going with bigbamboo on accurate shooter , actually going with him for my coax, fx, and autotrickler his work is real nice

Nice looking setup. I'm curious about a cover also. I would recommend the area419 cup- no static.

I sent you a PM with the info.

Nice !! I can't wait , using a FA pocket scale right now and trickling the whole load for 223/ 9mm / and 380. Finally can start development on my 6.5ReEemoor and 300wm.

As for cover @JW74 I'm going with bigbamboo on accurate shooter , actually going with him for my coax, fx, and autotrickler his work is real nice

Your going to love it! ? Bigbamboo is who I was refering to for the covers ? I have one on order for my unit also, his work looks great. Did you get the standard or the elite version?

I put my order in with Stan. Thanks again!

No problem, my cover arrived this morninng, and I am impressed for sure. One thing of note is that if you upgrade to the Area 419 hopper the cover will be to short, I am not sure if I will ever get the Area 419 hopper (it would not fit under the shelf over my bench if I did), and if I do I guess I could sell the cover and get another one that would be long enough.

I KNEW it wasn't going to work with vv n570 even though Adam emailed me and told me "one of every 10-20 throws" may get bound up. Anybody who has actually used much of that stuff knows that "firewood" is an apt term for the kernels and it will be VERY surprising if anybody makes a dispenser that can cut a kernel or that will not bind up on one.

Doubt n570 is on chopping block for discontinuation. It's just hard to find in stock and when you do you better jump. That's why I have over 30# on hand. :)

Just got my final invoice a day or 2 ago. It seems I have been waiting forever, but I’d say my wait was in line with what the others here had.

I noticed their expected shipping time projections on the site have now changed from “Fall 2019”, to “Fall/Winter”. Glad* I ordered ahead.

I have been building up my reloading supplies to jump into this rabbit hole, and this is the final piece to get me started. The wait for the scale gave me time to trickle in the rest of the stuff in the meantime. It’s game time!

* That $50 deposit is a killer. Sucks you right in. “I am sure I’ll be in a spot where that big bill won’t hurt so much by then. Right?” Wrong. There goes my Black Friday spending discretionary fund. No way I’ll sneak anything else past “the accountant” until after the holidays. Oh well, psyched to get this box!

Just got my final invoice as well and notification that it’s shipping. Ordered on 10/18.
Looking forward to it.

Already have the complete v2 kit and area 419 goodies I'm just hoping the autothrow improvements are worth the $240 to upgrade.

Loaded up 100 rounds this morning and had the motor bind a couple times and it's annoying. I started just pushing it with a finger and I must have pushed the motor out of sync and it started doing it every time towards the end.

Would bind empty. Took autothrow apart and reassembled, seems fine now. Lesson learned, if it binds just dump it and start anew.

It was enough frustration to order the v3 autothrow. I've heard people complain of the same with the v3 binding occasionally when the motor lacks the torque to cut the kernel blocking it.

Wish he'd just spec a slightly heavier duty motor.

My trickler wouldn't stop walking across my table. The walking was only limited by the hole I drilled in the wind screen. Once the trickler hit the screen it would rattle and effect how the trickler dispensed extruded powder. The adjustment wheel at an angle is loose enough to act like a roller. I switched to the 419 base which necessitates switching back to the 419 tray and cup as well as drilling a new hole in the extra wind screen.

The V3 trickler base isn't assembled quite the same as V2. The trickler body is attached using 1/16 hex fasteners and the only way to get them out is a ball driver. To access the third screw I had to notch the base because the brass threaded insert blocks the assembly hole. Getting the screws back into the 419 base requires a 5" long 1/16 ball driver or replacement of the screws with cross tip fasteners. All in all it probably took me 30 minutes. The 419 base wasn't assembled correctly so I had to fiddle with that too. The new base is heavy enough not to walk.