• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A little love for my old 700.

lopann

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2012
Was my first real long range capable rifle, and the rifle I took my first deer with. Was in a black synthetic stock at first and then the green from the before picture. The B prefix serial early 80's I believe, 7MM Remington Magnum, stock barrel but shoots about 1/2 MOA at 100 Meters, but the finish on the action/barrel was pretty worn. Decided to have an over-sized bolt knob installed, the muzzle re-crowned and Cerakote in FDE. Also picked up a Bell & Carlson stock to put it in. I realize the scope isn't anything special, but essentially got it for 50 dollars (purchased used older model from garage sale, broke and Sightmark sent a brand new one no questions asked). Turrets are a little mushy compared to my Vortex scopes, but it tracks 100% and has been 100% reliable for the last 2 seasons hunting with it. Eventually will be re-barreled with a heavier profile barrel either keeping 7RM or going to .338 Edge depending on what I decide. New glass is also in order eventually, but whats on it works for now.

Basically wanted to make it much nicer than it was before, but not so nice I wouldn't not want to hunt with it.

Before-

Entire Rifle

After-

Bolt Knob

Crown

Action

Entire Rifle

Last edited: