• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A poll - Is your weekly income more than $219.95 USD

A poll - Is your weekly income more than $219.95 USD

• Yes

Votes: 171 92.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Technically no I do not make 219 a week. I am a full time college student and stay very busy will school but also have a job that barely covers the bills. That being said, I do make something pretty close to that.

I don't really know what I make. It's automatically deposited, I maintain two residences, have a kid in college, but still have enough to buy some bullets and powder occasionally and the roof don't leak, so its all good. (I used to get an allowance, not so much any more, but my OT does go into my hobby/hunting fund.)

Might be good to ask about net income or disposable income instead. Big difference for some people between what they make and what they've already spent.

We'll run it for a week, closing 12 November 2013 and then we'll announce what we are going to do next.

I own two Atlas bipods. Even so I am hardly waiting with breathless anticipation to find out what you are going to do next. I am more amazed that you seem to think people care. Perhaps you would be happier on Facebook.

Work my @$$ off 7-10 months a year and get laid off/ odd jobs the other and I would guess I make a little over $220/week on average. 1,000+ hrs of overtime in 7 months is a nice thing for toys but a it takes away from family time.

Gotta work for it

We'll run it for a week, closing 12 November 2013 and then we'll announce what we are going to do next.

I will be a sad Panda if you lower the prices as i just bought a couple. :p

Ah well, guess it means i can get more.

An Atlas here in Australia is $350.00 for the "no frills" model. Now that's a fair chunk out of my wage!
Yes I make more than $219.00pw but no where near that "in an hour", or "double that per day".
I wonder how many of you, bragging about the big money you make, bought a raffle ticket to help out ScottyD who lost his house in a flood?
I'm yet to own one of your Bi-pods Kasey, but one day, one day I will.......

Cheers,

Ben

Ill bet the average income on this site is 100k a year.

I make more than that but I'm still rubbing my wife's back to "pay off" the Atlas I purchased over a year ago... when that's checked off I'll start all over again because of Nightforce.
You've got it right! We all makes choices with our disposable income, but keeping the wife happy is my most important task! I've made a lot of sacrifices for the rifle gear I have, but my Atlas bipods and monopod are worth every cent!

With 2 kids in college, Kasey should just cut lose with a Bi-pod
for me, so that I can return that sawhorse I stole form Home Depot.

Last edited:
I make that a week now, but for the last 2 years I would have had to answer no.

I said "The majority of members have to work a week to buy one of your bipods". You Kasey put a number on it and asked members to take a poll on who makes $219 a week. I can easily turn it around and say I meant after the pay their bills or feed themselves, but no, I exaggerated by saying what I said and I was wrong to say it.

Have you ever made a mistake. Bought Chinese perhaps when American was an option. Or blaming people for the status of this Country for buying Chinese when American was an option. This was taken out of context for apparent reasons. I've had enough, have you?

Pleistarchus, you said what you said, our least expensive Atlas is 219.95.

To be clear I would not usually expend the time nor energy on posts such as Pleistarchus's in the other thread, but I made an exception due to his effort to play "gotcha" regarding my business decisions.

diverdon, "I own two Atlas bipods. Even so I am hardly waiting with breathless anticipation to find out what you are going to do next. I am more amazed that you seem to think people care. Perhaps you would be happier on Facebook."

Thanks for your patronage and the laugh. I've always felt if I ask someone for something, in this case participating in a poll, I should give something back. I did not wish to bias the poll with my plans thus the statement "We'll run it for a week, closing 12 November 2013 and then we'll announce what we are going to do next."

hk dave, no sad panda, we will not be lowering our prices.

Its funny I have never told anyone they had to buy an Atlas, I have told a ton of folks that a Harris would do them just fine. In fact I've told many a new shooter and budgeted shooter to buy a Harris and spend the rest on more ammo! We never set out to have an Atlas in every gun safe and a chicken in every pot but rather to address some needs expressed by shooters wanting something more from a bipod than others offered.

Kasey,

IMO, you have one of the few products in the business that works, 100% of the time, whenever I need it, no questions asked.

I also know that if I EVER have an issue, you're just a call away.

It's for that reason I have a handful of these...My deployed buddies scrounge for weeks for them...I shoot out "care packages" all the time.

Reliability is something quite rare in this business, especially in accessories and Atlas is all I use.

Precision is a hard thing to come by and when you find it, sometimes it costs a few more $$$$...Those $$$$, I'm very willing to pay...As are many of us.

Just sayin.

Masked, I don't know who you are but I am humbled by your comments and thank you for your service and patronage.

I'll be the first to admit our products have and will fail. But when they do, we address the cause to resolve it or in the case of catastrophic damage, repair it.

And as always, if you need anything, please lets us know.

$219.95 per week:
$219.95 x 52 weeks / 12 months = $953.12 per month BEFORE taxes

$219.95 per day:
$219.95 x5 days x 52 weeks /12 months = $4765.58 per month

$219.95 x 2 per day:
$219.95 x 2 x 5 days x 52 weeks / 12 months = $9,531.17 per month

Having worked in the residential mortgage industry as a loan officer for the past 11 years, I have seen a ton of different financial profiles. I can typically guess what a person's financial profile is by talking to them for about 10 minutes at this point in my career. Based on the posts I read on this board, pictures of the rifles I see, and all the horse trading I've personally done in the various for sale boards, I would venture to say the median income of the board members is in the $85k'ish range.

I think the Atlas bipod is the best I've ever used. I'm pretty much hooked on them. I don't "need" one by any means. I'm just some asshole at the range on Saturdays that thinks he at least half-way knows and looks like he knows what he's doing. I stopped reading through the other thread that Kasey linked once things got pissy, and I've only skimmed through this one, but I can take a few guesses as to what all the fuss is about. I'm biting because I want to know what they're doing next because I "need" another one of his bipods!!!

Pleistarchus,

Have you looked at

www.bipod.gov ?

Sure, it doesn't work yet. But someday you'll be able join a bipod exchange where you can purchase an affordable bipod. If you like your current bipod, you can keep your current bipod. Period.

It's gonna be a hoot.

I do make more than that per week (most weeks at least), but not enough that I can justify the extra expense of an Atlas over a Harris bipod. Being a single father of four, there's not really such a thing as disposable income. Although I manage, somehow, to buy a few toys for myself, I am always conscious of a products' value relative to the price. If I ever get to the point that I feel the Atlas is a better value I'm sure I'll find a way to get one.

I don't understand the attitude of some people though. Kasey makes a product that is held in, generally, high regard which he has priced according to his business model and his reasoning. If someone doesn't like the price, then don't buy one. I don't see what bitching on the internet is supposed to accomplish.

If anything, it seems like Kasey should raise his prices rather than lower them. Most on here would, probably, still purchase them even at a higher price. Seems like good business sense to me.

Okay the week is over and the poll is closed and I thank you for your participation.

So now the "We'll run it for a week, closing 12 November 2013 and then we'll announce what we are going to do next." part.

This is ONLY for those 185 members that voted in this poll which is now closed.

To be fair to everyone that participated we are not going to make any distinction between the yes/no voters.

What we would like to do is send everyone a t-shirt with a new design on it which goes back to the basis of this poll which was the thread; http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ipment/189402-how-spot-fake-atlas-bi-pod.html

So for the 185 members that voted, please send us your shipping address and shirt size to [email protected] these t-shirts will be ordered once we have all the sizes from voters in this poll.

You have until midnight 20 November, 2013 to submit this information and then we'll order the shirts on 21 Nov., (these shirts are not available on-line and we have not finalized the artwork but will before end of the deadline).

Then we'll make up the shipping labels and draw one label for a free Atlas bipod and draw five (5) for a 100.00 gift certificate from us for our products through us (not redeemable through our dealers).

The winners will be announced on 21 November as well.

Again, this is only for the 185 members that participated by voting in this poll and we are operating under the honor system which you understand.

Thank you for participating and patronage.

Last edited:
That is awesome right there. Glad this youth pastor voted. Although someday I will vote the other way!!!

Okay the week is over and the poll is closed and I thank you for your participation.

So now the "We'll run it for a week, closing 12 November 2013 and then we'll announce what we are going to do next." part.

This is ONLY for those 185 members that voted in this poll.

To be fair to everyone that participated we are not going to make any distinction between the yes/no voters.

What we would like to do is send everyone a t-shirt with a new design on it which goes back to the basis of this poll which was the thread; http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ipment/189402-how-spot-fake-atlas-bi-pod.html

So for the 185 members that voted, please send us your shipping address and shirt size to [email protected] these t-shirts will be ordered once we have all the sizes from voters in this poll.

You have until midnight 20 November, 2013 to submit this information and then we'll order the shirts on 21 Nov., (these shirts are not available on-line and we have not finalized the artwork but will before end of the deadline).

Then we'll make up the shipping labels and draw one label for a free Atlas bipod and draw five (5) for a 100.00 gift certificate from us for our products through us (not redeemable through our dealers).

The winners will be announced on 21 November as well.

Again, this is only for the 185 members that participated by voting in the poll and we are operating under the honor system which you understand.

Thank you for participating and patronage.

hk dave, no sad panda, we will not be lowering our prices.

Its funny I have never told anyone they had to buy an Atlas, I have told a ton of folks that a Harris would do them just fine. In fact I've told many a new shooter and budgeted shooter to buy a Harris and spend the rest on more ammo! We never set out to have an Atlas in every gun safe and a chicken in every pot but rather to address some needs expressed by shooters wanting something more from a bipod than others offered.

However, the Harris bi-pod I currently have did damage my stock since my competition requires me to shoot at 5 different positions within three minutes. The part which holds the springs scraped along the bottom and ruined the paint job. I will be getting a new bi-pod shortly and Atlas will be in the name for sure.

Last edited:
Holy carp that's pretty awesome Kasey, glad I opened this up on my browser for once and voted. (polls don't show up on Tapatalk)

That's pretty cool ya'll doing this. Another reason to buy an Atlas! Actually, might want to wait till after the 21st. lol

L

ArmyJerry, I cant answer that, site admin might be able to, but I cant afford his fees...

Bumping this up as its the last day for those that voted in this poll to send in your t-shirt size and address for the drawings. It's over at midnight tonight.